Stephon Marbury on recruitment by SU | Syracusefan.com

Stephon Marbury on recruitment by SU

I always heard the story that it was a Cremmins bag that stole him away from us. Obviously he’s not going to mention that, but he has a whole story here about how JB told him during the in home visit that he wasn’t going to start, and his family was like, oh, hell no. So JB shot himself (and Syracuse) in the foot with Marbury?

Last edited:
I always heard the story that it was a Cremmins bag that stole him ways from us. Obviously he’s not going to mention that, but he has a whole story here about how JB told him during the in home visit that he wasn’t going to start, and his family was like, oh, hell no. So JB shot himself (and Syracuse) in the foot with Marbury?

It was the bag.

On the private jet.

All the rest is BS and spin.

It was the bag.

On the private jet.

This.

Anything else is just saving face and denial

His mom got an offer on the flight down and the decision was made.

I believe his uncle and older brother were really pushing him to go to Syracuse, but Mom won the day.

It was the bag.

On the private jet.

Not to mention, back in the day, saying that to an elite recruit the stature of Marbury would've simply replied to any future coach; "yeah, watch me!"

Last edited:
Boeheim should be asked and maybe he replies ‘Marbury hmm, wasn’t that about 30 years ago? If I recall correctly, we did recruit him but also I believe we made it to the Championship game in the NCAA tournament with our senior point guard the one year he played in college“. :)

Mtv Shut Up GIF

Time to let it go, Stephon. Your tale is tired and full of ..eh.. (corn) holes.

Would much rather have the opportunity to question Kenny Anderson.

Was it Marbury or Anderson where Boeheim and Wayne Morgan were on a home visit and they were asked about a bag and when JB and WM refused that was basically the end of the recruitment?

Would much rather have the opportunity to question Kenny Anderson.
Kenny Anderson was on the Big East Rewind pod with Sonny Spera and Chuck Everson. Said he was all set, going to Syracuse with no other possibilities. They flew home from Atlanta and he was ready to call the coaches and commit but his mother told him he was going to Georgia Tech whether he wanted to or not.

Kenny Anderson was on the Big East Rewind pod with Sonny Spera and Chuck Everson. Said he was all set, going to Syracuse with no other possibilities. They flew home from Atlanta and he was ready to call the coaches and commit but his mother told him he was going to Georgia Tech whether he wanted to or not.
Pretty sure that's how it went with Marbury too.

Mom wasn't having it with Cuse - GaTech it was going to be, no matter what

Pretty sure that's how it went with Marbury too.

Mom wasn't having it with Cuse - GaTech it was going to be, no matter what
I imagine it was, but pretty revealing hearing it directly from the horse's mouth!

Cremins made a presentation to a group I was part of two years ago. When the subject of Anderson came up, I asked him why Kenny made the decision to go to Tech when it was solid for him to go the Syracuse. Cremins answer was how he had known Kenny for years and had that NYC connection.

That was about the last question, and he left the room before I could quiz him any further.

Cremins made a presentation to a group I was part of two years ago. When the subject of Anderson came up, I asked him why Kenny made the decision to go to Tech when it was solid for him to go the Syracuse. Cremins answer was how he had known Kenny for years and had that NYC connection.

That was about the last question, and he left the room before I could quiz him any further.
Lying The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

If I recall his mom did not like JB, I believe her quote was “the weather up there is cold and so is that man”. that man being JB.

Yeah, it was something close to that.

Her comments were published in an article.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom