Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

With all of the youngsters one or two should develop into a legitimate QB. Same goes with the younger WR and recruits.

Yes, its easy to forget about the guy who stayed loyal through the coaching change...;)

Its all good .. I believe that at least one will pan out ... and honestly in spite of the on field performance we as a fan base should be proud of what many of these kids have overcome .. honestly we take what they do on Saturdays for granted ... the stories you read of Raymon, Eskridge and some of these other kids makes me proud to claim them as my college team. There are many things that need to be corrected but for many of them guts and character is not one of them ... I think that is one reason I am so blindly loyal to the team and to the coaches because they are the ones helping to make them who they are today.

yeah Ive been nervous about him staying home and playing for the U. Miami been recruiting him for a while but he didn't commit to them. Thats says a lot. Also Miami just got a big WR commit. Slot WR braxton berrios who turned heads at the opening. Miami now have 3 WR's committed so far.

yeah Ive been nervous about him staying home and playing for the U. Miami been recruiting him for a while but he didn't commit to them. Thats says a lot. Also Miami just got a big WR commit. Slot WR braxton berrios who turned heads at the opening. Miami now have 3 WR's committed so far.

interesting. Miami also offered the buttgers kid who de-committed. I'm just not sure if it's an old or recent offer.

interesting. Miami also offered the buttgers kid who de-committed. I'm just not sure if it's an old or recent offer.
It would "seem" to be a positive in bringing in Ishmael but it depends on how aware he is of the current Miami recruiting situation. I wonder sometimes if these kids keep up with this kind of stuff.:noidea:

There's a new rvls article up
Likes Miami, might put them in top 3 with us and Illini. Doesn't have an official yet, but is going on an unofficial for their game against FSU

Good lord did everyone forget about Wilson already?

i went to the scrimage at Fort Drum, Thought that Wilson looked strong and he seemed better than many other that took snaps.

i went to the scrimage at Fort Drum, Thought that Wilson looked strong and he seemed better than many other that took snaps.
I have a feeling that either Kimble or Wilson win the job next year. IMO, the coaches know that Hunt isn't the long term answer and that was one of the factors in the decision to start Allen in the beginning.

I have a feeling that either Kimble or Wilson win the job next year. IMO, the coaches know that Hunt isn't the long term answer and that was one of the factors in the decision to start Allen in the beginning.
No, the reason Allen started is there was a promise. Give Terrell some time before you throw him in the trash heap. He gives us something at the position we haven't had since Donovan McNabb, a player who can make things happen with his legs. If our bosses had as little patience with us as our fans do with our kids we'd all have been fired after two weeks.

No, the reason Allen started is there was a promise. Give Terrell some time before you throw him in the trash heap. He gives us something at the position we haven't had since Donovan McNabb, a player who can make things happen with his legs. If our bosses had as little patience with us as our fans do with our kids we'd all have been fired after two weeks.
Imo, there is absolutely no way a coach/staff would start a 5th year transfer because a "promise" was made. Makes zero sense and benefits no one. For arguments sake, lets say a promise was made...what does that say about the staff's evaluation of the QB's currently on the roster?

Btw, I don't think anyone has "thrown" Terrel on the trash heap. It would be great if he turned out to be a 3-year starter and put up great numbers while winning a bunch of games. Personally, I love is poise and feel for the game which are characteristics that are difficult, if not impossible, to teach. Terrel's obvious weakness is his throwing ability...very, very inconsistent to date. Knowing how hard he works at his craft, I'm sure he'll put in the work necessary to improve his arm strength and accuracy.

Everybody talks about Ishmael like he is ours. Is he really that strong of an Orange lean?
they are just echoing AJ's confidence but he was just as confident about Hallmon. Nothing wrong with his confidence at all. Just saying...

Everybody talks about Ishmael like he is ours. Is he really that strong of an Orange lean?
Him and McDonald have a great bond and McDonald knows his HS coach well too. He also likes what he's seen from us.

they are just echoing AJ's confidence but he was just as confident about Hallmon. Nothing wrong with his confidence at all. Just saying...
Isn't Hallmon back in the fold. I thought he de-committed from that school located in NJ?

Imo, there is absolutely no way a coach/staff would start a 5th year transfer because a "promise" was made. Makes zero sense and benefits no one.
So you don't think Greg Paulus was promised to start? Mr. Paulus would never have let him come here unless there was a guarantee. Ryan Nassib won the job in the spring and lost it to a kid who hadn't touched a football in four years. You bet your life there was a promise.

So you don't think Greg Paulus was promised to start? Mr. Paulus would never have let him come here unless there was a guarantee. Ryan Nassib won the job in the spring and lost it to a kid who hadn't touched a football in four years. You bet your life there was a promise.
DM started Greg Paulus to protect Nassib. I know that to be fact. Our OL was so weak and our depth so limited at the time he was worried that Nassib would be "Savaged" and possibly ruined as a RS frosh.

The only promise either staff made was that each player would have the opportunity to compete for the starting job.

Isn't Hallmon back in the fold. I thought he de-committed from that school located in NJ?
No, Rutgers pulled his scholly, a commit would never decommit from Rutgers without their scholly being pulled.

The problem with practice vs. game situations is that you just cannot fully recreate gameday. I think Allen's skill set fit what the staff was trying to do at the start of the season, promise or not. The staff realized after 2 games that what they were trying to implement wasn't gaining a footing in gameday situations and adjusted their strategy/gameplan. In doing so, Hunt's skill set was much more serviceable and resulted in wins. Wins are all that matters.

I don't give a damn who starts as long as we win the games. I expect the coaches to choose the player that is best prepared to win the game. I don't care if it's Kimble, Hunt, Wilson, Long, etc... If we're not winning and not trying something new... then I have a problem.

We all just need to let the coaches earn their paychecks.

Imo, there is absolutely no way a coach/staff would start a 5th year transfer because a "promise" was made. Makes zero sense and benefits no one. For arguments sake, lets say a promise was made...what does that say about the staff's evaluation of the QB's currently on the roster?

Btw, I don't think anyone has "thrown" Terrel on the trash heap. It would be great if he turned out to be a 3-year starter and put up great numbers while winning a bunch of games. Personally, I love is poise and feel for the game which are characteristics that are difficult, if not impossible, to teach. Terrel's obvious weakness is his throwing ability...very, very inconsistent to date. Knowing how hard he works at his craft, I'm sure he'll put in the work necessary to improve his arm strength and accuracy.
I don't think any D-1 coach risks his job on a "promise" to start a transfer. I think lots of coaches make promises to recruits/transfers but when it comes down to brass tacks they play who they think will help them win-end of story.

I don't think any D-1 coach risks his job on a "promise" to start a transfer. I think lots of coaches make promises to recruits/transfers but when it comes down to brass tacks they play who they think will help them win-end of story.
I could understand (maybe) making a promise to a "can't miss" high school prospect but not a 5th year transfer student. Especially one who hadn't played football in 4-5 years or an unproven QB that couldn't win the starting job where he was.