Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

http://www.syracuselegends.com/interviews-2/

I'm not sure if anyone caught this or not, but Donte Davis was the special guest on the Syracuse Legends show on 10/4/13. I don't have time to re-listen to the hour, but from my memory he seemed to imply that Paulus was the starting quarterback because of merchandise sales and because of who he was. He said that Nassib was a far superior QB before the season. Davis seemed to suggest the team wasn't happy with the decision.
Who knows the real story...

I'm not sure if anyone caught this or not, but Donte Davis was the special guest on the Syracuse Legends show on 10/4/13. I don't have time to re-listen to the hour, but from my memory he seemed to imply that Paulus was the starting quarterback because of merchandise sales and because of who he was. He said that Nassib was a far superior QB before the season. Davis seemed to suggest the team wasn't happy with the decision.
Paulus was a mistake the moment he stepped out onto the field. I would have referred Troy Nunes. Marrone took the easy way out with him by dubbing him the starter from the moment his commit was announced.

Donte Davis also said he thought he could make the NFL, so I'm not too worried about what he said.

(I really hope this post doesn't bring that family member of his back to the board)

Donte Davis also said he thought he could make the NFL, so I'm not too worried about what he said.

(I really hope this post doesn't bring that family member of his back to the board)
Haha, yeah but he did make the Canadian version.

This is the same Donte Davis who transferred to a 1-AA school in 2010 because he didn't think he had a chance to get to the NFL ... with Nassib as his QB.

Paulus was a mistake the moment he stepped out onto the field. I would have referred Troy Nunes. Marrone took the easy way out with him by dubbing him the starter from the moment his commit was announced.

NYS Football Player of the Year...
Gatorade National Football Player of the Year...
Scholarship offers from Notre Dame and others...

We should be so lucky that we start players this highly rated by mistake.

i went to the scrimage at Fort Drum, Thought that Wilson looked strong and he seemed better than many other that took snaps.
I saw the same thing at the Fan Fest Wilson's ball was crisp and he set his feet well in the pocket. Granted its easy to not get happy feet when you have that "No hit" Jersey on.

I saw the same thing at the Fan Fest Wilson's ball was crisp and he set his feet well in the pocket. Granted its easy to not get happy feet when you have that "No hit" Jersey on.
Then there were folks around the program who were raving about Kimble saying he's the future.

they are just echoing AJ's confidence but he was just as confident about Hallmon. Nothing wrong with his confidence at all. Just saying...

believe me there is a reason AJ is confident about Ishmael now, and was confident about Hallmon in the past. However things are very fluid with recruiting, and depending on the kid false information can be given. I don't believe that's the case with Ishmael though.

And as for Hallmon nobody can believe a word he says, but Syracuse is probably a 33/33/33 right now with Wisconsin and WVU. His Mother really likes Syracuse though.

Signing day. Time to get some traveling in.

Well, I honestly doubt that. He may not make his decision public until then, but these kids will almost all, 99% I'd wager, have made a decision before signing day, they just may not make it public beyond there closest of circles.

Well, I honestly doubt that. He may not make his decision public until then, but these kids will almost all, 99% I'd wager, have made a decision before signing day, they just may not make it public beyond there closest of circles.
Some already have them made up noe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

wow.. havent been keeping tabs on the fball recruiting side but sure seems like we are setting up to have some real weapons next year.

wow.. havent been keeping tabs on the fball recruiting side but sure seems like we are setting up to have some real weapons next year.

Well, we need them. Our passing game is anemic and makes it too easy to develop defensive schemes against us. This team needs to move the ball and score. A real passing game will help the running game dramatically!

Well, we need them. Our passing game is anemic and makes it too easy to develop defensive schemes against us. This team needs to move the ball and score. A real passing game will help the running game dramatically!
Problem is... even if we could line-up Marvin Harrison, Art Monk and Mike Williams in their prime we still need someone that can actually pass them the FB. Hopefully, we find that guy sooner rather than later.

Maybe Terrel can turn it around (who knows) or maybe one of the RS QB's can earn the job. Since AJ arrives in January will that give him a chance? No one here knows the answer but without an efficient QB we're stuck in mediocrity.

Problem is... even if we could line-up Marvin Harrison, Art Monk and Mike Williams in their prime we still need someone that can actually pass them the FB. Hopefully, we find that guy sooner rather than later.

Maybe Terrel can turn it around (who knows) or maybe one of the RS QB's can earn the job. Since AJ arrives in January will that give him a chance? No one here knows the answer but without an efficient QB we're stuck in mediocrity.

I think he could be much, much better next year with better receivers and a summers worth of unofficial pitch and catch.

If we had those 3 guys Terrel would look like Jameis Winston.

If we had those 3 guys Terrel would look like Jameis Winston.
Not even remotely close. People forget that Winston is a huge baseball pitching prospect as well. Throws a 95mph fastball.

Winston has twice the arm strength as Terrel and is unquestionable more accurate. Believe me, I wish their skills were closer but it ain't happening.

Not even remotely close. People forget that Winston is a huge baseball pitching prospect as well. Throws a 95mph fastball.

Winston has twice the arm strength as Terrel and is unquestionable more accurate. Believe me, I wish their skills were closer but it ain't happening.
That's not the point. The point is people keep blaming Hunt when it's mostly not his fault. If the WR's are never open, how can he throw them a pass?

The most recent article on Hunt at syracuse.com has the blame being shared equally. Sometimes it's Hunt and sometimes it's the receivers. Ashton was saying that one day very soon, they will all hit the same page - then watch out.

How about this next game?

The most recent article on Hunt at syracuse.com has the blame being shared equally. Sometimes it's Hunt and sometimes it's the receivers. Ashton was saying that one day very soon, they will all hit the same page - then watch out.

How about this next game?
I trust my own eyes more than the bumbling idiots over at syracuse.com thank you. It's about 60% WRs, 30% Hunt, 10% OLine.