Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

I trust my own eyes more than the bumbling idiots over at syracuse.com thank you. It's about 60% WRs, 30% Hunt, 10% OLine.

add 75% scheme as well, IMO

I trust my own eyes more than the bumbling idiots over at syracuse.com thank you. It's about 60% WRs, 30% Hunt, 10% OLine.

As do I. But the article was from a Coach Lester interview.

The proof IMO is how accurate he was when they were open consistently-i.e. Wagner, Tulane

That's not the point. The point is people keep blaming Hunt when it's mostly not his fault. If the WR's are never open, how can he throw them a pass?
"mostly not his fault". that sounds like a ringing endorsement of his ball skills ;) Although he may be (not conceding this point) the best we have for this year i pray that he either improves 100% -150 % in the offseason or someone else is ready to take control of this team in 2014 and beyond. 0 TD passes in conference play? That deserves a C'mon man!

While watching the FSU game, a FSU fan right behind me said, and I state..."He's (TH) starring down his recievers!" and this was from the upper deck on teh other side of the field and only after his 3rd pass. He does it virtually evrey time guys.

While watching the FSU game, a FSU fan right behind me said, and I state..."He's (TH) starring down his recievers!" and this was from the upper deck on teh other side of the field and only after his 3rd pass. He does it virtually evrey time guys.
ok. well watch the receivers next game and see how open they are. Maybe against Pitt they will be. But against FSU there was no separation, and it's not like he had time to check down anyways.

ok. well watch the receivers next game and see how open they are. Maybe against Pitt they will be. But against FSU there was no separation, and it's not like he had time to check down anyways.

Thats why you need arm strenght at times to fit the ball in a tight window. Hunt isnt half of the quaterback Winston is, and has a very below average arm at best

The only way Hunt will ever be effective is if SU stumbles upon a Randy Moss type reciever a la Chad Pennington

Agree-that is his biggest weakness. I even see it on the screen passes where I think it would have more potential for a good gain if he looked the other direction and then did it. He needs to improve moving the defense with his eyes. If he can improve that, I still think he can be fairly good. I believe his arm is fine.

Thats why you need arm strenght at times to fit the ball in a tight window. Hunt isnt half of the quaterback Winston is, and has a very below average arm at best

The only way Hunt will ever be effective is if SU stumbles upon a Randy Moss type reciever a la Chad Pennington
And when he does, Broyld doesn't finish his route and it gets picked off.

It also gets picked off when throws are wildly inaccurate or under thrown. To suggest that Terrel has issues delivering passes is beyond debate.

What I think everyone can agree on is hoping that TH dramatically improves or that one of his under studies secures the job. Our QB play has been horrendous this year...there is no way to sugarcoat the issue.

Last edited:
It also gets picked off when throws are wildly inaccurate or under thrown. To suggest that Terrel has issues delivering passes is beyond debate.

What I think everyone can agree on is hoping that TH dramatically improves or that one of his under studies secures the job. Our QB play has been horrendous this year...there is no way to sugar the issue.

He's potentially going to have 4 guys competing with him come spring ball, Wilson, Kimble, AJ Long who is enrolling early and then potentially Edouard if he enrolls early as well (not sure how likely that is). At least 3 anyway, 2 of which have a year of learning the system.

He has no choice but to improve. I really, really hope Edouard is willing and able to enroll early.

I totally agree the WR core is well below last years level, but it is enhanced further when you stare down the receiver trying to get open. So, with WR's having trouble getting space, and then we are tipping our hat we are going to him, it spells exactly what we are getting, next to nothing out of the passing game which has now milled over to the run game, as teams can play press coeverage and 7-8 in the box to stop the run. Even the screens are telegraphed, TH is eyeing up the receiver and making calculated throws so that as much as a second is lost in space. Also. Brisley was barely used in the FSU game. Not sure if he was banged up or not, but the playcalling was virtually all lateral plays and dump offs. We had one shot at a wideopen TE in the 3rd, and TH didn't look his way until the throw. Could explaing why it was 10 yards over his head and maybe why he doesn't do that often.

So Steve Ishmael and Alin Edouard are good friends. Just like AJ and KJ they already have an established chemistry from working together in the past. I have a feeling if he can learn the playbook, and that's a big if, he will be given every chance to win the job from the jump. If he doesn't get the job next year I fully expect Kimble to be the man.

I totally agree the WR core is well below last years level, but it is enhanced further when you stare down the receiver trying to get open. So, with WR's having trouble getting space, and then we are tipping our hat we are going to him, it spells exactly what we are getting, next to nothing out of the passing game which has now milled over to the run game, as teams can play press coeverage and 7-8 in the box to stop the run. Even the screens are telegraphed, TH is eyeing up the receiver and making calculated throws so that as much as a second is lost in space. Also. Brisley was barely used in the FSU game. Not sure if he was banged up or not, but the playcalling was virtually all lateral plays and dump offs. We had one shot at a wideopen TE in the 3rd, and TH didn't look his way until the throw. Could explaing why it was 10 yards over his head and maybe why he doesn't do that often.
Brisly didn't play. Are you kidding me? how are you lecturing me about a game you clearly didn't watch

Austin Wilson is the Rodney Dangerfield of our QB's. People seem to dismiss that Wilson was offered and committed BEFORE Zach Allen.

May the best kid win.

Broyld might be one of the most overrated football players to ever don the Orangemen colors. As any kind of receiver,he has terrible hands. His open field ability is good nut he never has the ball in that area. I know we were allfrantic to get him and now "nothing".

So Steve Ishmael and Alin Edouard are good friends. Just like AJ and KJ they already have an established chemistry from working together in the past. I have a feeling if he can learn the playbook, and that's a big if, he will be given every chance to win the job from the jump. If he doesn't get the job next year I fully expect Kimble to be the man.

So what you're saying is, we should have two QBs on the field and each throws to his favorite wide out?

Austin Wilson is the Rodney Dangerfield of our QB's. People seem to dismiss that Wilson was offered and committed BEFORE Zach Allen.

May the best kid win.

Exactly. I wouldn't be shocked if TH was starting again next fall, playing Tight End or playing on D somewhere. It is what it is. You either improve or you get passed by.

Brisly didn't play. Are you kidding me? how are you lecturing me about a game you clearly didn't watch
I must have mixed him up with our other #20 player. I didn't know he was injured and not suited up for the game, as I made the 1100 mile trek to the game, Mr. I know it all... There was a number 20 hanging on the sidelines all day, from the nose bleed seats I couldn't see his face. This is one fan who logged 1600 miles the last 2 weeks to support the team, did you even watch it?

I must have mixed him up with our other #20 player. I didn't know he was injured and not suited up for the game, as I made the 1100 mile trek to the game, Mr. I know it all... There was a number 20 hanging on the sidelines all day, from the nose bleed seats I couldn't see his face. This is one fan who logged 1600 miles the last 2 weeks to support the team, did you even watch it?

No he was smart enough to read the paper all week leading up to the game that stated he wouldn't play with a broken bone in his hand because you know ... he follows the team closely ... geez.