Stewart Mandel - Fox Sports | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stewart Mandel - Fox Sports

The mans literally said multiple times that hes 55 years old, hes sick and tired of moving, hes never had 3 years with a single team. If anything babers get this thing steamrolling and recreates the pheonix from the ashes that briles did at baylor. Like people said if the people show up and him and his assistants are taken care of he sint going no where. After g rob, marrone and somewhat shafer debacles you realize how much of a scared, nervous shaking in the pouring rain kinda fan base we have become. Its not are faults tho i completely understand the anxiety and to a more extent i believe babers understands this also.. i believe wildhacks not going to let him go anywhere at all (by doing the right thing). Babers daughter is going to cuse for gods sake... he wants a stable life for his family and he has the building blocks for a stable program... sooo anyone having an anxiety attack pop a cork take. Xanax, shut it and enjoy fsu doimg the acc proud... and then we ruin playoff runs for both clemson and them Popcorn

Edit: also with a shiny facelift for the dome in a few years and also a.d. he got to help pick himself you people are crazy to think hes leaving

I can't say why but I know Babers is very committed to SU for 3 years. SU will also need to pay him more plus his assistants in 2019 (plus a Dome makeover helps). If he can recruit better players giving him the tools needed to win the ACC conference, he will stay longer. One of his main goals is to win a NC. Devito is a lynchpin for him to stay and develop that talent...if Devito signs his NLI in Feb along with general recruiting getting better (already going in right direction), chances are Babers stays longer.

He is in a conference that is probably the easiest path to get his team into the playoffs. Certainly beating Lville, Clemson & FSU is a tall task but will provide enough quality wins to get him to his goal. I don't see any other conference that is now stable that also has an easier and clearer path to get to the conference championship and playoffs (B12 is not stable without a network channel).

There you have it - that's the plan. If Devito goes elsewhere (already being hounded by other universities), not sure where we stand with Babers. However, the NE is wide open for recruiting. BC, UConn, Rutgers, Penn St (even Pitt more of a D oriented team) are all down, Babers knows this another reason he picked SU - less recruiting competition. Nuff said.

No scaring allowed, Doc!!! :):bat:

I mentioned elsewhere that most UofL fans have no idea of how good Lamar is, lol. The thing is, I was serious. But as a toy delivered into the right hands, the marriage between he and the New Bob was surely manufactured in heaven. Th only player I ever felt this tickled to watch play was Michael Bush and Jackson may have already passed him up like he was standing still.

Watched just a couple video shots of your young QB and I must say, he fits the role nicely - with what seems like a collected head on his shoulders.

This rivalry needed a kick in the arse, lol. I think we both got it. This delights me, lol. I love screwing around with you guys. It's also great to see your coach seems such a mensch. Good times!!!

Lamar is essentially senior year BJ Daniels. Poor accuracy but can run and that does enough to open up receivers, and when they're not open he can take off and hurt you on the ground. He completed 54% of his passes last season, he's not Teddy Bridgewater.

I can't say why but I know Babers is very committed to SU for 3 years. SU will also need to pay him more plus his assistants in 2019 (plus a Dome makeover helps). If he can recruit better players giving him the tools needed to win the ACC conference, he will stay longer. One of his main goals is to win a NC. Devito is a lynchpin for him to stay and develop that talent...if Devito signs his NLI in Feb along with general recruiting getting better (already going in right direction), chances are Babers stays longer.

He is in a conference that is probably the easiest path to get his team into the playoffs. Certainly beating Lville, Clemson & FSU is a tall task but will provide enough quality wins to get him to his goal. I don't see any other conference that is now stable that also has an easier and clearer path to get to the conference championship and playoffs (B12 is not stable without a network channel).

There you have it - that's the plan. If Devito goes elsewhere (already being hounded by other universities), not sure where we stand with Babers. However, the NE is wide open for recruiting. BC, UConn, Rutgers, Penn St (even Pitt more of a D oriented team) are all down, Babers knows this another reason he picked SU - less recruiting competition. Nuff said.
The poster who is saying that Baylor is going to come after Babers, I believe, is jumping the gun a bit. While we are all excited to have him in Orange, he has beaten the only sure fire win opponent on our schedule. In addition, and I am truly asking, is Baylor getting off without any sanctions, having simply fired a coach and an AD? That would be insane, but certainly SOP for the NCAA. This week will tell a lot about how worried we should be come January. Should we win, his Q rating will be very high. I trust you chakka3421 when you say he has a 3 year commitment, but then he will be 58, although a young 58. Hopefully the orange faithful are back and we are firing on all cylinders. The fact that the ACC network will be starting and the AD should have additional revenue to use it great timing. Babers has said that cuse fans should thank Coyle for writing a solid contract. I think we're safe for the foreseeable future, and would love to revel in the success that yields him being a hot name in coaching searches.

The poster who is saying that Baylor is going to come after Babers, I believe, is jumping the gun a bit. While we are all excited to have him in Orange, he has beaten the only sure fire win opponent on our schedule. In addition, and I am truly asking, is Baylor getting off without any sanctions, having simply fired a coach and an AD? That would be insane, but certainly SOP for the NCAA. This week will tell a lot about how worried we should be come January. Should we win, his Q rating will be very high. I trust you chakka3421 when you say he has a 3 year commitment, but then he will be 58, although a young 58. Hopefully the orange faithful are back and we are firing on all cylinders. The fact that the ACC network will be starting and the AD should have additional revenue to use it great timing. Babers has said that cuse fans should thank Coyle for writing a solid contract. I think we're safe for the foreseeable future, and would love to revel in the success that yields him being a hot name in coaching searches.

Agreed, Baylor is TOXIC situation and don't see him going there. I could see bigger programs coming after him after year 2... The HC at USC will be on a very tight leash and there are a few others out there, Arkansas as well. That said, Dino has to win at Syracuse for this to happen

Agreed, Baylor is TOXIC situation and don't see him going there. I could see bigger programs coming after him after year 2... The HC at USC will be on a very tight leash and there are a few others out there, Arkansas as well. That said, Dino has to win at Syracuse for this to happen
IB, definitely see USC in the market for a new coach potentially next year. They looked horrible against Bama. Besides the fact that most teams would get blown out, they seemed completely unprepared. USC just hired a new AD, with zero experience hiring coaches, and/or running a D1 athletic department. (He was also quite rude to some colleagues of mine on a plane once, so I am no fan.) That said, I don't remember, nor have any interest to look it up, whether he had a hand it the hiring of the current boss. If not, and they find a way to go 7-5 this year, who knows. He's career record is 6-5 with the loss to Bama. We shall see. In terms of Arkansas, I thought they were happy with their guy. I thought I saw his name linked to other programs, as one of the more rare, pro style coaches in FBS, but maybe thats why.

Just as some (rational) folks here have said Babers is not going anywhere, I will chime in and say Devito is not going anywhere. He's already turned down those "other universities". He's 100,000% committed to SU.

IB, definitely see USC in the market for a new coach potentially next year. They looked horrible against Bama. Besides the fact that most teams would get blown out, they seemed completely unprepared. USC just hired a new AD, with zero experience hiring coaches, and/or running a D1 athletic department. (He was also quite rude to some colleagues of mine on a plane once, so I am no fan.) That said, I don't remember, nor have any interest to look it up, whether he had a hand it the hiring of the current boss. If not, and they find a way to go 7-5 this year, who knows. He's career record is 6-5 with the loss to Bama. We shall see. In terms of Arkansas, I thought they were happy with their guy. I thought I saw his name linked to other programs, as one of the more rare, pro style coaches in FBS, but maybe thats why.

Swann, who seems like a dbag, didn't have a hand in hiring Helton as far as I know. If USC flames out(by their standards) then I am sure Swann will bring in his own guy. He may want a USC guy, however, whomever that is.

Sounds good!
Btw- every time I read about Devito I can't help wondering if we're vastly shortchanging that other great prospect, Rex Culpepper.
The kid has great Qb DNA and will get his shot as soon as Dungey finishes up. It's a great problem to have but Devito still has to win the job- it won't be handed to him!

Sounds good!
Btw- every time I read about Devito I can't help wondering if we're vastly shortchanging that other great prospect, Rex Culpepper.
The kid has great Qb DNA and will get his shot as soon as Dungey finishes up. It's a great problem to have but Devito still has to win the job- it won't be handed to him!

With both Culpepper and DeVito waiting for their opportunity behind Dungey, the future is bright.

And keeping in mind that Dungey still has two full years of eligibility after this one, even if those two don't pan out, I imagine that moving forward, skilled position talent [including QBs] will be lining up to play under Babers in this system. So hopefully the curse that's plagued our program for the better part of the last 17 years post-McNabb will finally be lifted.

We've literally only had 1 or 2 quality years of QB play in that span, and maybe 1 or 2 other years where the QB play has been even subpar / mediocre. Quite a drought.

Sounds good!

Yes I didn't mean only Devito as you need more than 1 great QB on your roster and Babers experienced losing his #1 QB first year at BG if I'm not mistaken. They also need another QB for 2018 class imo - can't put all your eggs in one basket.

I hope our team does really well on national TV this Friday (win or lose also need a good showing at Met Life vs ND) as Babers shows off to all potential recruits in the NE that the Orange is the new Fast. Playing exciting football as compared to everyone else in the NE (that BC-GT game was like watching paint drying yawn) I hope we are ready and do really well. Would be nice to finish out the 2017 recruiting class with a bang!

I think Baylor will do well if they either keep or promote their current OC. They don't need Babers with the current Baylor staff - if they can keep them. Everyone's forgetting about Briles - if he ends up at LSU (or some big program like that) he would most likely take his Baylor staff with him.

Babers is going nowhere.
The scorekeeper is going to ask for a raise after this week's workout, both teams will be racking the scorekeeper's brains.
As long as Syracuse does not fall apart, then the Orange are on the right path.
Louisville can be beaten and Babers will have the kids as prepared as can be. He will expect a win, no more, no less. Whether Syracuse wins is another issue, Babers expects to win every game.
Lamar Jackson will get some good yards on the ground and in the air.
Slayton and Co. will get pressure on Jackson.
The statisticians will have a nervous breakdown midway through the third quarter.

I expect a good game, probably closer than Vegas is implying.