Stony Brook Game... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Stony Brook Game...

Surprised others not taking after large leads built today and in UVA game.

Varello? Perplexing because supposedly has the fastest hands of 6 fogos. Rule changes should benefit not the opposite. Cuse has had only four games so maybe just trying to make up for lost prep time but agree that heavy workload could wear Phaup down. He basically wins or loses clamps and doesn't have the speed to pull away after wins so gonna take more punishment than fogos who get out faster . Through seven games UVA rhas mostly rode LaScalla but the other three acc teams do use two fogos.

The chairman was active again today, I really feel for this guy, I feel like hes talking to himself.

Last edited:
Do you have an account there?

Invite the poor man over here.

You know I don't, i tried to register one day this week and I got caught up in work and didn't get back to him. It does appear a few of us did though because on the page before that he thanked people for several message he received. If one of use is registered over there, feel free to invite him over here. While were certainly not a Stony Brook board, our other visits including our favorite Maryland poster gives us regular updates on the Terps that we review.

You raise a good point. Unless Evans' ranking was lowered by the fall of his freshman year (i.e. a timing issue), anything I can find says that he was the top prospect in the country.

You raise a good point. Unless Evans' ranking was lowered by the fall of his freshman year (i.e. a timing issue), anything I can find says that he was the top prospect in the country.

Or, we have erased Jordan Evans from our collective memories. :oops:

The graphic shown during the game confused me as well. Evans was IL’s #1 rated incoming recruit. FWIW, IL’s been releasing recruiting rankings since 1997 & Mike Powell (2000), Steve Panarelli (‘03), & Pat Perritt (‘05) were all ranked #2 in their respective classes in addition to Hiltz this year.

1. Evans
2. Rambo

1615603029265.png

What makes Curry such a special talent and so difficult to defend is not only his speed and first step but how he sprints balls out horizontally or from around the cage while maintaining ability to shoot or pass on the full run with either hand. Different builds and not as strong but in some ways reminds me of a Constabile on the move but with a better left hand and better vision. Split seconds matter . Curry gets that initial separation on defenders that is hard to recover from since he doesn't ease on moves or even diagonal cuts and when a slide comes he either quickly passes to open player or slightly alters his path without slowing. He also able to bounce off most checks to continue run while many defenders have to regroup from such. His accuracy on shots and passes has greatly improved over the past few years. He would make a excellent x attackman but he is now as good as any middle in the game imo.

One caveat Ill add to my long take on Curry is that he's at his best when legs are fresher which is the case for most any speedster. Running up and down the field is exhausting despite being conditioned. Curry was visibly tired at one point in the first half and needed break, Syracuse fortunately has the depth to afford that . Had a big second half after break.

What makes Curry such a special talent and so difficult to defend is not only his speed and first step but how he sprints balls out horizontally or from around the cage while maintaining ability to shoot or pass on the full run with either hand. Different builds and not as strong but in some ways reminds me of a Constabile on the move but with a better left hand and better vision. Split seconds matter . Curry gets that initial separation on defenders that is hard to recover from since he doesn't ease on moves or even diagonal cuts and when a slide comes he either quickly passes to open player or slightly alters his path without slowing. He also able to bounce off most checks to continue run while many defenders have to regroup from such. His accuracy on shots and passes has greatly improved over the past few years. He would make a excellent x attackman but he is now as good as any middle in the game imo.

accuracy improvement has been huge, single biggest difference

Hoping they keep the Stony Brook game a permanent series on the schedule. With four big name Long Island kids coming to Syracuse the next two years it makes sense for exposure and also chance for those kids to be seen by their hometown. Plus it makes a lot of sense to keep a connection with Joe Spallina who coaches the women’s team.

Hoping they keep the Stony Brook game a permanent series on the schedule. With four big name Long Island kids coming to Syracuse the next two years it makes sense for exposure and also chance for those kids to be seen by their hometown. Plus it makes a lot of sense to keep a connection with Joe Spallina who coaches the women’s team.
Makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom