Stop blaming the fans for attendance | Syracusefan.com

Stop blaming the fans for attendance

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
And start preparing our teams not to embarrass themselves on national TV.

Wildhack/Babers,

You want the support of CNY? Do your jobs.

Nothing has changed yet the excuses are equally dispersed on the region and fanbase.

Accountability. Where is it?

I’ve always put part of the blame on the fans and I always will. Too many front runners.
I think we’ve had less than 10 winning seasons since 2000, im not going to check. With a barebones community outreach effort, what do we expect?

You can’t repetitively get annihilated on national tv and expect fans to organically connect with the program. I don’t care if we lose, at least look like we somewhat belong. It’s reminding me of the shafer days.

The mid to late swoons are killers and been far too consistent. SU's been getting some momentum at the beginning of the season for the past 2 but can they stop these mid October/November disasters? That would help get the fan base moving because it's more of a what have you done for me lately thing regarding getting some "excitement" going towards this program.

Maybe it wouldn’t be 18-41 if we had gung ho fan support.
Not the guys paid millions to field a competitive products fault

The community who has x amount of real life things to worry about/do besides root for a program who cares more about money than on field success.

Check, makes sense

This thread is going to go well. Fans don't have perspective. Half the responses will be passionate defenders saying entitled fans should not expect more. The other will be passionate critics saying it's never enough.

How about a measured viewpoint acknowledging the both the challenges and the need to work harder to at least incrementally work through them to better things.

Nah why should sports be any different than anything else in the world today.

This thread is going to go well. Fans don't have perspective. Half the responses will be passionate defenders saying entitled fans should not expect more. The other will be passionate critics saying it's never enough.

How about a measured viewpoint acknowledging the both the challenges and the need to work harder to at least incrementally work through them to better things.

Your second sentence is 100%.

Fan supports called out in podcasts and interviews. It’s going to be talked about. I feel bad for the players and diehards and just want to see accountability from those who are compensated the most

Fan supports called out in podcasts and interviews. It’s going to be talked about. I feel bad for the players and diehards and just want to see accountability from those who are compensated the most
Yes
Fan support is down and its a problem.
And the solution aill be multi facted. It will include greater promotion. Discounts. And...investing in the long term health of the program to get people excited again. Slowly. Over time. Its not getting fixed tomorrow no matter how many misguided fans try to play the "shaming" card on social media.

Not the guys paid millions to field a competitive products fault

The community who has x amount of real life things to worry about/do besides root for a program who cares more about money than on field success.

Check, makes sense
Sure is easier to recruit if the stands were always full and there was a waiting line for tickets. If we did the only thing we can to control games and fulfilled our obligation, then we would know 100% we all did our role.

I realize the winning first thing then I'll go group but let's face it, 25K or so go no matter what and then the show me people wait and it hurts recruiting thus the product on the field. A complete conundrum.

Are there better coaches than Dino, absolutely. That said, the next if he is fired has to be a home run hire and there are no alum out there to pick from because Marrone is not happening.

And start preparing our teams not to embarrass themselves on national TV.

Wildhack/Babers,

You want the support of CNY? Do your jobs.

Nothing has changed yet the excuses are equally dispersed on the region and fanbase.

Accountability. Where is it?
'You can't make chicken soup out of chicken feathers" When we play upper level teams. the talent gap in terms of size, speed, and strength is crystal clear and that is why we get man handled. You can't out scheme those type of basic deficiencies. The talent gap will not disappear until the resources to support the program improve. We need better players. Look no further than Colorado: they got and paid for a coach who can recruit, boosters dropped 29 million into the program from January until the start of the season, to cover their new coach's salary. Now, the new coach as brought in better players, and they are winning. They have money to Pay NIL deals and a collective full of money to pay players. What is the difference between Colorado and Syracuse? Money.... It is so easy to blame Wildhack and Babers and the coaches, but our problems run deeper than our leaders. We all need to get real and just accept that Syracuse Football will remain a low- mid tier program in the current climate that is College Football because we we lack the money to play with the Big Boys.

Yes
And the solution aill be multi facted. It will include greater promotion. Discounts. And...investing in the long term health of the program to get people excited again. Slowly. Over time. Its not getting fixed tomorrow no matter how many misguided fans try to play the "shaming" card on social media.
Is fan support that down though? We’ve raised our average numbers year by year since covid.

You tell me what the programs done that should create or encourage increased fan support?

Is a central new yorker to buy tickets simply because he/she exists near Syracuse?

'You can't make chicken soup out of chicken feathers" When we play upper level teams. the talent gap in terms of size, speed, and strength is crystal clear and that is why we get man handled. You can't out scheme those type of basic deficiencies. The talent gap will not disappear until the resources to support the program improve. We need better players. Look no further than Colorado: they got and paid for a coach who can recruit, boosters dropped 29 million into the program from January until the start of the season, to cover their new coach's salary. Now, the new coach as brought in better players, and they are winning. They have money to Pay NIL deals and a collective full of money to pay players. What is the difference between Colorado and Syracuse? Money... It is so easy to blame Wildhack and Babers and the coaches, but our problems run deeper than our leaders. We all need to get real and just accept that Syracuse Football will remain a low- mid tier program in the current climate that is College Football because we we lack the money to play with the Big Boys.
There’s absolutely a talent gap but we didn’t look prepared to play in general.

Yes
Discounts?

I can't really acknowledge the Clemson or UNC games as legitimate sporting events when with the use of replay and 100 views of the play in question the refs still got the blantent calls wrong early in the game to put us in a huge hole. Not saying we would have won but these were not honest fair competitions.

This isn't a great schedule for attendence. 5 home games as easy as you can expect with the challenging one Thanksgiving weekend, Clemson at noon, and Pitt moved. Last year broke great for attendance and fans showed up. We're about to install seats which is going to annoy a lot of people and take a couple years to settle down.