Story Idea For The Syr.Com Guys | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Story Idea For The Syr.Com Guys

There is a student fee, right now it doesn't go towards athletics. All non-revenues are free, only football/mbb cost money for tix. There were talks of adding to the student fee and changing the ticketing structure while I was there, and it seemed to have legs, but I have no idea where that is at this point.
When were you there?

I agree. We are top 50, if not top 40. Maxwell, SU School of Architecture, and Newhouse all fight for a #1 ranking on a yearly basis. I could be wrong, but I think that either our info tech school or program also fights for a #1 ranking. Even Whitman is usually top 40, with several (major) programs in, or around, the top 10. I think that law, engineering, science, and math/writing are all good, but not great and that's what holds us down, but it's deceptive. In the last 3-4 years the law school has moved from #120 to about 90 (#84 last year and #96 right now), math/writing are very hard to rank (i.e. writing is almost 100% subjective and math is a degree that is generally coupled with another degree, like econ., physics, or engineering - not SU's perceived strengths), ...

The MFA program was recently ranked in the top 10. A lot of great names have been there in the last 20 years. Not Iowa, but right up there.

The MFA program was recently ranked in the top 10. A lot of great names have been there in the last 20 years. Not Iowa, but right up there.

Mhm. I was in the undergrad Writing program so I'm well aware of how well regarded our MFA of Creative Writing is. Only a handful of students out of hundreds get admitted every year.

Sweet! I stand corrected.

Not to take this post of its current course lol, but I agree Mark the scheduling situation up on the hill for Football has become beyond laughable at this point. Year after year we seem to have these issues, when is Gross going to start holding someone accountable? Christ my alma mater Utica College has there act more together and there a D3 program in Freeking Utica.

Not to take this post of its current course lol, but I agree Mark the scheduling situation up on the hill for Football has become beyond laughable at this point. Year after year we seem to have these issues, when is Gross going to start holding someone accountable? Christ my alma mater Utica College has there act more together and there a D3 program in Freeking Utica.
+1
In every other regard, we have one of the most competent athletic departments in the nation, but whoever the heck does the schedule has apparently has a degree from WVU. LOL, we need a hard-nosed scheduler.

Losing Rob Edson didn't help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mhm. I was in the undergrad Writing program so I'm well aware of how well regarded our MFA of Creative Writing is. Only a handful of students out of hundreds get admitted every year.
Sweet! I stand corrected.

One of the (many) stars of the department got high praise from the Times a couple months ago: "the best book you'll read this year." BK, I don't know if you know George, but he's a hilarious guy.

I had the chance to meet him a few times, he's an awesome guy. Great writer, haven't read his newest book yet but I burned through some of his older stuff while at school. Really a master of the short story.

I had the chance to meet him a few times, he's an awesome guy. Great writer, haven't read his newest book yet but I burned through some of his older stuff while at school. Really a master of the short story.

He was my neighbor for a few years; really a terrific guy. Always look forward to his New Yorker pieces, and CivilWarLand is a must-read. Haven't gotten to his new book, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom