Student attendance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Student attendance

Nice cherry picking one comment, I did not say it is the only issue, only that it is an issue for some if not many, and that we are in no position to gauge how big a factor it may be.
Where did I say you said it was the only issue? But it was the first thing you brought up in your response.
It costs $65k to go to SU. the price of the ticket has absolutely nothing to do with student attendance.
Okay supreme arbitor, you have convinced me now figure out what the treasons are.
Settle down.

You act as if no one can disagree with you.

Where did I say you said it was the only issue? But it was the first thing you brought up in your response.

Settle down.

You act as if no one can disagree with you.
Only when someone cherry picks a single comment, when I specifically said, it is not caused by a single issue, and it was not the first thing I said or even the only reason. You settle down and then I will.

Only when someone cherry picks a single comment, when I specifically said, it is not caused by a single issue, and it was not the first thing I said or even the only reason. You settle down and then I will.
I can only go by what you post, not what you think.
Someone else said they doubt cost is an issue, and it certainly would not be for most of us, however our situations are much different than the average students. I think if you are talking about getting the numbers back up cost is definitely an issue for them.

I can only go by what you post, not what you think.
You may bother to notice that what I said was that is what I think(not that it was fact), so apparently you can't go by what I post either, and in other posts I said it is not the only factor, reason just a contributing factor, but obviously you did not read any of that, which is cherry picking. Good bye.

Given what I'm told about the state of the on-campus food pantry -- there are students who can't afford toilet paper, who go without meals -- I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the cost concern.

There are all types among the student body, in spite of the broad brush a lot of us (this guy included) like to paint with most of the time.

Everyone’s different. In many cases friends or family insist on some type of celebration even if the birthday “boy” really doesn’t want it. I’m guessing that’s the case here. I tend to agree there’s a bit of narcissism in play when grown adults insist on having the spotlight. Seems more common with women but don’t quote me on that.
I retract. I don't believe I should be celebrated for something mom did. I have no party (drives wife nuts) and accept no gifts. What I do do is send my mom flowers, and my thanks.

I don't buy the "cost-keeps-them-away" argument. A combined football/basketballl season ticket package is $220. That works out to about $8.50 a game. They pay more than that for a beer or a pizza on a regular basis.
But they'd rather have the pizza and beer

I don't buy the "cost-keeps-them-away" argument. A combined football/basketballl season ticket package is $220. That works out to about $8.50 a game. They pay more than that for a beer or a pizza on a regular basis.

A beer? Singular? Are college kids drinking good beer now?

If so, that’s just wrong. You gotta scrap for a few years, and go for quantity over quality and drink a lot of cheap crap like the rest of us did.

72k is ridiculous. Why anyone would pay that boggles the mind
From SU’s website for entering 2019 students:

Subtotal (without health insurance)$73,069
Health insurance$1,730*
Total cost of attendance$74,799

Okay supreme arbitor, you have convinced me now figure out what the reasons are.

I answered this question on page two of this thread a few day’s ago. Welcome to the party.

there are very few students at SU who consider cost when it comes to attending an SU game. How do I know? I have a kid at SU and see the wealth first hand multiple times a year. Syracuse always has had rich kids as a private school. I saw that when I attended in the 80s. Unlike the 80s, when there were more true middle class kids who might not be able to afford the extras of a season pass, it’s different now.

Last edited:
Not for my kid. Students after 2017 entry pay 3k more than everyone else. And once you are out of dorms and away from meal plans you save a ton.

But, My high school junior, with the best academic credentials of all my kids isn’t even considering SU with my blessing/urging. While I’m glad one of my boys went to SU and maintained the family tradition (he’s fourth generation), SU simply isn’t worth the cost (other than Newhouse).

Last edited:
A beer? Singular? Are college kids drinking good beer now?

If so, that’s just wrong. You gotta scrap for a few years, and go for quantity over quality and drink a lot of cheap crap like the rest of us did.
I don't drink beer, I have never bought a beer and I have no first-hand knowledge as to what beer costs. I am going by all the comments here about "$10 beers" in the Dome. Beer seems to be important to a lot of you.

Exactly!! I’ll sit home and watch the game from the comfort of my house.

300 level seats should be $35 a piece
200 level seats should be $65 a piece
100 level seats should be $95 a piece
Student tickets should be $10 a piece

All of a sudden I bet the dome would be a lot less empty
You realize sports teams have departments dedicated to building pricing models, right? There's a reason the prices are set at what they are. The demand is there, and even if you can't afford it, it doesn't mean that others can't.

You realize sports teams have departments dedicated to building pricing models, right? There's a reason the prices are set at what they are. The demand is there, and even if you can't afford it, it doesn't mean that others can't.

I understand that...but attendance has been brought up more than once this season...So the question is, is the demand still there for costs that high? In my humble opinion it’s not except for the Duke and North Carolina games, those are exception to the rule. With those two game I understand where the pricing is and I think it’s fair

Exactly!! I’ll sit home and watch the game from the comfort of my house.

300 level seats should be $35 a piece
200 level seats should be $65 a piece
100 level seats should be $95 a piece
Student tickets should be $10 a piece

All of a sudden I bet the dome would be a lot less empty

Those are pretty much the price for non Duke games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom