Stuff | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Stuff

From what I have heard, Loeb and Kinder know the offense best, Hunt is probably the best athlete.

Loeb probably does the best with good protection and open WRs but is the worst when a play is blown up and the QB needs to salvage it. He knows the offense well and gets through the progressions decently. Has the ability to run the ball well but he hasn't been doing it much.

Kinder might be the most accurate, knows the offense well and is better than Charlie free lancing. Might get through progressions the best, though Loeb is close. Good runner, cuts well. Really light, needs to get stronger.

Hunt is big, strong, has a strong arm and more than the rest, has a knack for making big plays. Maybe the best of the bunch at running plays, I think it is safe to say he has the highest ceiling. But he doesn't know the offense very well, gaffes happen too often and his decision making is sometimes bad. That unfortunately goes for all three of them. Too bad he missed spring ball last year.

No clear leader early. Door is wide open if Drew decides to come here.

I am going to be in Atlanta for the open practice on Sunday so there will be no report from me. Very unfortunate but if you have to miss practice, it is a really good reason why...

You hit it on the head with Hunt. Out of the 3, he has the most upside, but needs to get better with the playbook. From the sounds of it, he's getting in his fair share of film study. As long as he stays committed on the practice field, the job could be his.

Regardless, having a truly open QB competition will only make all 3 of them better than they were. It also gives the new coaches a chance to really see what each of them can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom