Stuff | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Stuff

Glad that our staff doesn't feel he left behind a big gap in the QB position...

You could not have less of an idea about who can play and who can't. So don't comment on it.
From his history of posts, it's fairly easy to surmise that he couldn't know less about anything related to the SU FB program. He hasn't a clue.

From what I have heard, Loeb and Kinder know the offense best, Hunt is probably the best athlete.

Loeb probably does the best with good protection and open WRs but is the worst when a play is blown up and the QB needs to salvage it. He knows the offense well and gets through the progressions decently. Has the ability to run the ball well but he hasn't been doing it much.

Kinder might be the most accurate, knows the offense well and is better than Charlie free lancing. Might get through progressions the best, though Loeb is close. Good runner, cuts well. Really light, needs to get stronger.

Hunt is big, strong, has a strong arm and more than the rest, has a knack for making big plays. Maybe the best of the bunch at running plays, I think it is safe to say he has the highest ceiling. But he doesn't know the offense very well, gaffes happen too often and his decision making is sometimes bad. That unfortunately goes for all three of them. Too bad he missed spring ball last year.

No clear leader early. Door is wide open if Drew decides to come here.

I am going to be in Atlanta for the open practice on Sunday so there will be no report from me. Very unfortunate but if you have to miss practice, it is a really good reason why...

one position battle i was interested in was right tackle. After seeing all the good things DM had to say I was hoping Knapp would win the spot, then that position would have been solidified for the next 4 years. But then Foy got moved to tackle, and you hear a couple things about Knapp having good potential, but still a bit raw. My question is Foy quick enough? I really liked him at guard, and was hoping he would win that position. I can understand the move because it seems we have some good options at guard, but are quite thin at tackle. Anyone been at practice that has any insight on these guys?

From what I have heard, Loeb and Kinder know the offense best, Hunt is probably the best athlete.

Loeb probably does the best with good protection and open WRs but is the worst when a play is blown up and the QB needs to salvage it. He knows the offense well and gets through the progressions decently. Has the ability to run the ball well but he hasn't been doing it much.

Kinder might be the most accurate, knows the offense well and is better than Charlie free lancing. Might get through progressions the best, though Loeb is close. Good runner, cuts well. Really light, needs to get stronger.

Hunt is big, strong, has a strong arm and more than the rest, has a knack for making big plays. Maybe the best of the bunch at running plays, I think it is safe to say he has the highest ceiling. But he doesn't know the offense very well, gaffes happen too often and his decision making is sometimes bad. That unfortunately goes for all three of them. Too bad he missed spring ball last year.

No clear leader early. Door is wide open if Drew decides to come here.

I am going to be in Atlanta for the open practice on Sunday so there will be no report from me. Very unfortunate but if you have to miss practice, it is a really good reason why...

After hearing this report going after Mr. Allen makes all the sense in the world. I hope he picks us over NC State.

No report from Tom is a huge loss for us out-of-towners. Hopefully some others can fill in the gaps. For me, those practice reports are like drips of water for a thirsty man in the desert.

Enjoy Atlanta! Let's go Orange!

No report from Tom is a huge loss for us out-of-towners. Hopefully some others can fill in the gaps. For me, those practice reports are like drips of water for a thirsty man in the desert.

Enjoy Atlanta! Let's go Orange!

I'm planning on going.

First open practice/scrimmage this Sunday. I will be there, anyone else going??

Going to go sit in some seats that I could never normally afford :)
Someday I think these things like an"open practice"will be video streamed through the Athltic page. Why not allow fans who pay the $ to see practice as if they were there.Some,like me can't be there. I'm not alone in this. Its easy to do and with the technology available its beneficial to the program by using this as a recruiting tool.;)

Exactly Otto Shafer and staff appease to the college athlete environment a lot better... We're going to have more f a college feel to it then a no nonsense nfl style approach... I think Shafer will be more adaptable

Damn was hoping Tom be there I can't attend... Whose going to give a report??????

I am still waiting for our friend from Elmira to leave a post with even just a hint of positive spin. And you are right on with your statements--I remember them as well.
I'm back!! dougie is dougie a so called SU lifer that just happened to change his mind. Anyone reading this site strongly felt this traitor was committed to a stay longer than 4 years. But he didn't and left at .500 record real impressive?? Well he found this job too much of a challendge and left. He can't recruit, he was tired of the boyish crap some of his players did, the facilities were not really promised to him, a very weak or the weakest conference in the country and the press or lack of press treatment of his "ideals" made him a Beneidict Arnold to the SUFB faithfull. He led the fans to the water then kicked them in the pool!! When this man was hired I was totally impressed by him! When he ran away to Jillville I disgusted by his lack of his so called love of SU. SU was a stepping stone for him only. Not a gift like he said. Wallow in Jillville dougie you deserve that!!

I'm back!! dougie is dougie a so called SU lifer that just happened to change his mind. Anyone reading this site strongly felt this traitor was committed to a stay longer than 4 years. But he didn't and left at .500 record real impressive?? Well he found this job too much of a challendge and left. He can't recruit, he was tired of the boyish crap some of his players did, the facilities were not really promised to him, a very weak or the weakest conference in the country and the press or lack of press treatment of his "ideals" made him a Beneidict Arnold to the SUFB faithfull. He led the fans to the water then kicked them in the pool!! When this man was hired I was totally impressed by him! When he ran away to Jillville I disgusted by his lack of his so called love of SU. SU was a stepping stone for him only. Not a gift like he said. Wallow in Jillville dougie you deserve that!!

I have a state trooper friend that always wished he could give "Driving while stupid" citations.
In that spirit, and cause I can, I am giving you the first "Posting while stupid" award.

I have a state trooper friend that always wished he could give "Driving while stupid" citations.
In that spirit, and cause I can, I am giving you the first "Posting while stupid" award.
You can have Lasik eye surgery and come away with 20/20 vision...
You can have your hip replaced and walk without pain...
You can even have open heart surgery that will extend your life...
But...you can't fix stupid! ;-)

Jesus, you are an idiot.

You can have Lasik eye surgery and come away with 20/20 vision...
You can have your hip replaced and walk without pain...
You can even have open heart surgery that will extend your life...
But...you can't fix stupid! ;-)
I like to give him the benefit of the doubt. He could just be really drunk all the time.

I like to give him the benefit of the doubt. He could just be really drunk all the time.
Me too...but I just needed to paraphrase Ron White.

Is it me or do I see some OrangeNasty in this guys posting.

The first problem I have is with somebody continually calling an ex coach by a demeaning name such as "dougie". He gave a lot to this program and you'd have to be an idiot not to see it. He wasn't perfect and the departure was less than ideal, but he doesn't deserve that from the likes of you. Next, the bottom line is that you are not familiar with the offensive requirements the new staff will place on the QB. You also have no idea what the kids on the staff can or cannot do, and I know this because of your consistent harping on lack of info from practice. So basically, you have some sort of ax to grind because what has transpired is different than you want. I hate seeing your name pop up in threads and I have to imagine that sitting next to you at a game would be one step down from food poisoning.

Bravo! Well said, friend, well said!

[quote="But at this point, I have no idea whether they can coach or not. Not suggesting they can't, just that it is an unknown [just like it was with Marrone's staff at the same stage]. Shafer is stepping into a new role; ditto McDonald. I'm really comfortable about the defensive guys, but time will tell.
[/quote]

The beautiful, and incredibly intelligent, thing is that HCSS brought in all kinds of redundancy. We've got two other former OCs who can help, teach and carry if necessary "Run GMC" (My nickname for McDonald!) on becoming a successful OC.

If you want everyone to know you're clueless, why write so much?

Just simply say, "Don't mind me, I'm just a clueless babbler" and head back over to the syracuse.com board.

The first problem I have is with somebody continually calling an ex coach by a demeaning name such as "dougie". He gave a lot to this program and you'd have to be an idiot not to see it. He wasn't perfect and the departure was less than ideal, but he doesn't deserve that from the likes of you. Next, the bottom line is that you are not familiar with the offensive requirements the new staff will place on the QB. You also have no idea what the kids on the staff can or cannot do, and I know this because of your consistent harping on lack of info from practice. So basically, you have some sort of ax to grind because what has transpired is different than you want. I hate seeing your name pop up in threads and I have to imagine that sitting next to you at a game would be one step down from food poisoning.
Got any tums!!

Welcome to the dougie fan club borad!! I just feel HCSS is the man this program needs he's a honest hardnosed kind of guy!!

Welcome to the dougie fan club borad!! I just feel HCSS is the man this program needs he's a honest hardnosed kind of guy!!

Friggin' profound! :blah:

Reading and writing are not your strong point, eh eddie? Tell me, do you delight in having everyone think you're a moron? Perhaps you're playing the fool to laugh at us all? If so, it isn't working as we are all laughing at your deficiencies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom