SU 10 pt favorite | Syracusefan.com

SU 10 pt favorite

Unc and Lou in 2018 we were 10 and 20 pt fav..

that last P5 before that was Rut in 2002 and Rut WVu in 2001

Fanduel is at 9.5 and 53.5 o/u

I hate laying that many... but I love the under with UVa's PAINFUL offense.

UVA has only played one P5 game and they looked awful. they have not exactly looked great against Richmond or ODU either, both of those at home. Armstrong and their WRs are still dangerous, but their OL is very suspect, I would hope/expect that we can put a lot of heat on Armstrong, and we should be able to run the ball at least decently. Purdue is far superior to UVA in the trenches. We play very well in Friday night home games, we need to come out sharp, we were very flat against Purdue and I don't think a physically healthy(fingers crossed) Garrett will look that bad out of the gate this time, ditto for Sean. Not only did Sean get bottled up, he just doesn't make mistakes and the fumble and the bad pitch on the flea flicker were very out of character for him, he will be sharper. This is big big, a win doesn't mean we are 4-0, a win means we are 5-0, Wagner is roadkill, we don't even need to debate that one

Virginia turned over 500 yds of offense into those few pts last week. Somewhat because the turn the ball over 3 times a game.

I dont think any game is gonna be easy when depth is already becoming an issue.
very good post. Virginia has a great QB and a top three wr group in the acc

very good post. Virginia has a great QB and a top three wr group in the acc
They do but they are completely out of synch in their new offense and their OL is very shaky. It’s a should win for us but that doesn’t mean it is a slam dunk by any means

My concern is that their WR's have had issues catching the ball, though they still generate a lot of yards. Our past luck, those WR's would probably have games of their lives and catch everything in sight.

My concern is that their WR's have had issues catching the ball, though they still generate a lot of yards. Our past luck, those WR's would probably have games of their lives and catch everything in sight.
I wish we had their Wr group they are very talented

I think our WRs are good enough...
Cooper, C. Jackson, Gadsden, Alford...Tucker out of the backfield.
Maybe we get Pena back.
These guys just need experience and play with confidence.

I think we’ve been saying this every year since DB got here. It’s the strangest position by far IMO. We’ve recruited a ton of WR’s and still end up saying the same thing every year. Even with the good wins and couple good seasons we’ve had still hasn’t brought in quality WR’s.

Saying we are a passing team and showing we are a passing team are 2 different things.. We need to show kids we can bet that team and we have an OC that does.. Lets hope that means we take the next step in getting a WR stud again.. Its been too long since we had one

I think we’ve been saying this every year since DB got here. It’s the strangest position by far IMO. We’ve recruited a ton of WR’s and still end up saying the same thing every year. Even with the good wins and couple good seasons we’ve had still hasn’t brought in quality WR’s.
I think the new WR coach is going to help...ALOT!!
Alford and Gadsden are young...and I don't think chopped liver.

I think the new WR coach is going to help...ALOT!!
Alford and Gadsden are young...and I don't think chopped liver.

I agree with that. Just pointing out the amount of recruits we’ve brought in for that position alone in 5+ yrs and we’re still having the same conversation. It’s a weird position group for us.

I agree with that. Just pointing out the amount of recruits we’ve brought in for that position alone in 5+ yrs and we’re still having the same conversation. It’s a weird position group for us.

Well, there are a lotta WR's, so naturally there are a lotta guys recruited to the position.

Also - it's not like we've whiffed completely in that regard.

AET & TJ - both very impactful transfers.

Ish & Custis both ended up with solid careers, capped by a really good final season.
Taj broke all of Shelby Hill's frosh WR records, in spite of not starting for the first several games that year.
Sean Riley had a GREAT 2018 for us.

And OGII appears to be the next in line.

I'd love for Alford to figure it out.
It took Custis several years before he got good, so there's still hope.

I really liked Hatcher's HS film - looked like a taller version of Taj, with great RAC ability.

Well, there are a lotta WR's, so naturally there are a lotta guys recruited to the position.

Also - it's not like we've whiffed completely in that regard.

AET & TJ - both very impactful transfers.

Ish & Custis both ended up with solid careers, capped by a really good final season.
Taj broke all of Shelby Hill's frosh WR records, in spite of not starting for the first several games that year.
Sean Riley had a GREAT 2018 for us.

And OGII appears to be the next in line.

I'd love for Alford to figure it out.
It took Custis several years before he got good, so there's still hope.

I really liked Hatcher's HS film - looked like a taller version of Taj, with great RAC ability.
Ish and Custis were Shafer recruits

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom