Women's Lacrosse - SU 15 at Northwestern 16 (OT): Tues March 1, 4 PM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 15 at Northwestern 16 (OT): Tues March 1, 4 PM

Thought we had it but giving up those three goals late was a killer. N’western with the save sealed the OT

C’mon ladies!

Last edited:
What was the reason NW was awarded that FPS? Looked like good D & out of nowhere, the refs award NW’s best player a FPS. Everyone on the field, for both teams, seemed stunned & confused.

What was the reason NW was awarded that FPS? Looked like good D & out of nowhere, the refs award a FPS. Everyone on the field, for both teams, seemed stunned & confused.
It wasn’t a good call as some other calls but there were a few reasons why we lost.

Refs were absolutely awful all game, but we cant blame them fully for this loss. A lapse in focus caused another 4th Q collapse for the second game in a row. All of the yellow cards and Chevarie getting fouled out of the game did them no favours either. This defense cannot afford for one of our best defenders to not play, especially in a rivalry match against a top 10 team. The lack of discipline and sloppiness continues into the KT era...

Another thing-- Hower deserves to be the starting goalie. That's obvious for anyone with eyes that can see. KT says she likes throwing opponents off with two different looks from goalie's, but that would probably only work if we had two really good goalie's--newsflash, we don't. Sweitzer is quite possibly the worst Syracuse goalie I have seen in quite some time. All an opponent has to do is shoot the ball and 9/10 if the shots on cage, it's going in. She has no read whatsoever. The goalie battle needs to end TODAY.

Sierra goes out with an injury (I hope its nothing serious)-- but is there a reason we didn't see Adamson nearly as much as she deserves? Why are we throwing Jimerson out there when we are only up 3-4 goals as if we are up 10+? Decisions like these are not only head scratching, but frustrating to watch. If Sierra is injured and cannot play, we need to be seeing more of Adamson and/or another '21 recruit step up. What are we saving them for?

Refs were absolutely awful all game, but we cant blame them fully for this loss. A lapse in focus caused another 4th Q collapse for the second game in a row. All of the yellow cards and Chevarie getting fouled out of the game did them no favours either. This defense cannot afford for one of our best defenders to not play, especially in a rivalry match against a top 10 team. The lack of discipline and sloppiness continues into the KT era...

Another thing-- Hower deserves to be the starting goalie. That's obvious for anyone with eyes that can see. KT says she likes throwing opponents off with two different looks from goalie's, but that would probably only work if we had two really good goalie's--newsflash, we don't. Sweitzer is quite possibly the worst Syracuse goalie I have seen in quite some time. All an opponent has to do is shoot the ball and 9/10 if the shots on cage, it's going in. She has no read whatsoever. The goalie battle needs to end TODAY.

Sierra goes out with an injury (I hope its nothing serious)-- but is there a reason we didn't see Adamson nearly as much as she deserves? Why are we throwing Jimerson out there when we are only up 3-4 goals as if we are up 10+? Decisions like these are not only head scratching, but frustrating to watch. If Sierra is injured and cannot play, we need to be seeing more of Adamson and/or another '21 recruit step up. What are we saving them for?
People will say "well, we are 4 wins 1 loss right?" Wrong. They have not played well given their talent. And, there is reason to question Treanor's judgment.

I agree, stick with Hower for the whole game. Maybe even give Paulson a opportunity in cage. The Sweitzer sisters have not impressed so far. I too would like to see more of Adamson and Parower.

People will say "well, we are 4 wins 1 loss right?" Wrong. They have not played well given their talent. And, there is reason to question Treanor's judgment.
Okay, so I'm not crazy, and the only one thinking like this lol! Like, correct me if I'm wrong but, shouldn't we be throwing out the best lineup to not only win the game, but win it in the best fashion as possible? Haha. Like why is she throwing Natalie Smith and Jimerson out there on O when we have some ballers in the '21 class collecting dust on the bench? I even think Maddie Baxter has overstayed her welcome on the offensive end. IMO, She should be used as a women's version of a SSDM-- on the defensive end and in clearing situations, thats it. The Sweitzer twins are another story. Hower needs to be the starting goalie over Delaney, and Savannah had two nice goals today but I haven't been a fan of her either.

Still very early in the season, but I'm hoping that Treanor can start making some tough decisions, and quick. This loss, which was very winnable IMO, will be on Treanor's record ultimately so she will have to live with that. But the past three games shouldn't have even been as close as they are.

KT will become a great head coach. There is an adjustment from being the Assistant to the HC. Not going to be friends with every player. When your winning it’s easy. May start seeing some changes after the L.

KT will become a great head coach. There is an adjustment from being the Assistant to the HC. Not going to be friends with every player. When your winning it’s easy. May start seeing some changes after the L.
Have been thinking this exact thing every game. It feels like KT's is being that one person in a group project who agrees and goes along with wrong info, just because she doesn't want to step on any toes. At least, thats what it looks like from the outside looking in. She needs to toughen up and start making the correct decisions to help this team succeed on the field.

Take Maryland for example-- Kathy Reese saw that the girls she has recruited weren't producing, so this summer she grabs a few players from the transfer portal and already looking like a better team than Syracuse in the early goings of the 2022 season. Now that my friends is excellent coaching. The emotion has got to go out the window. I'm hoping that we start seeing some changes next game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom