SU 2013 NCAA tournament | Syracusefan.com

SU 2013 NCAA tournament

RF2044

Living Legend
Had the pleasure of having my dad come visit for Memorial Day weekend. My dad is the biggest SU fan I know, and cut his trip short to head back East to attend today's national championship lacrosse game. Too bad we didn't win--oh well.

But one of the most fun aspects of the holiday weekend was re-watching SU's NCAA tournament games with my dad. We watched Indiana and Marquette--and it was AMAZING to see how well we played defensively.

Seeing what MCW and Southerland were able to do those games, it really is a shame that these two laid eggs at the same time against Michigan, in what ended up being a winnable game. Not pinning the loss on them in any way shape or form, just making the observation. The good guys picked a poor game to play so poorly offensively.

But what a run we had. Had the good fortune to attend the final four in Atlanta with my dad, and I wish we'd been able to play on Monday. If the two aforementioned players had made an additional shot or two at any point throughout that Michigan game, we might have just made the NC game.

But what a run!

Can't wait until we get back to the final four! I'm confident we will soon.

Had the pleasure of having my dad come visit for Memorial Day weekend. My dad is the biggest SU fan I know, and cut his trip short to head back East to attend today's national championship lacrosse game. Too bad we didn't win--oh well.

But one of the most fun aspects of the holiday weekend was re-watching SU's NCAA tournament games with my dad. We watched Indiana and Marquette--and it was AMAZING to see how well we played defensively.

Seeing what MCW and Southerland were able to do those games, it really is a shame that these two laid eggs at the same time against Michigan, in what ended up being a winnable game. The good guys picked a poor game to play so poorly offensively.

But what a run we had. Had the good fortune to attend the final four in Atlanta with my dad, and I wish we'd been able to play on Monday. If the two aforementioned players had made an additional shot or two at any point throughout that Michigan game, we might have just made the NC game.

But what a run!

Great post! Agreed. I think if DaJuan gives us some threat down low, Ennis manages the game, and either Gbinjie/Cooney show a decent touch from 3 then we'll have a great shot to return to the F4.

I think Fair, Gbinije, Dajuan(he just needs to have the d to stay on the floor), and Ennis are going to bring the offense reguardless. If it happens, Thats saying alot.

I just hope both Cooney and Grant step it up with some offense. Excited to see the freshmen as Roberson and Patterson could come in scoring. Rak could mature offensively over the summer and I wouldn't be suprised to see Baye average something like 6-10 ppg for us.

Although actually reaching a FF is special because of all that can go wrong, as long as we have the man who will be in the FF of coaches on our bench, we will always have a shot. Im glad RF and others are still giving this last team credit, as there were many more teams that "should have", but these guys did, and nearly did even more.

Seeing what MCW and Southerland were able to do those games, it really is a shame that these two laid eggs at the same time against Michigan, in what ended up being a winnable game. Not pinning the loss on them in any way shape or form, just making the observation. The good guys picked a poor game to play so poorly offensively.

But what a run!

Great post, RF. One of the greatest feelings in the world is watching SU hoops with your son.

Ryan, it was so great to spend time before the game with you and your Dad. Your father is one of the nicest guys I know.

Likewise, CTO--it was great being able to spend time with you in Atlanta. Too bad we couldn't have done it all over again on Monday night...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom