SU 86, Duke 50: Sun, Jan 3, 1:00 PM #200 for Q | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 86, Duke 50: Sun, Jan 3, 1:00 PM #200 for Q

I will advocate for this till the end of time. Please break these girls out of "olympic sports" prison and put them up there with the big boys of basketball, football and lacrosse. Seriously this is sexist, lol!!! This is our best team right now, and they deserve their own place on this board. Did today not prove this today moderators?? of which I know at least 3 of you are female!!!!

I will advocate for this till the end of time. Please break these girls out of "olympic sports" prison and put them up there with the big boys of basketball, football and lacrosse. Seriously this is s e xist, lol!!! This is our best team right now, and they deserve their own place on this board. Did today not prove this today moderators?? of which I know at least 3 of you are female!!!!
The ladies Lax doesn't have it's own forum either. I don't think there is anything wrong with WBB being included in the Olympic forum. They are in very, very good company.

The ladies Lax doesn't have it's own forum either. I don't think there is anything wrong with WBB being included in the Olympic forum. They are in very, very good company.
I was going to add women's LAX also. I knew that would come up. Still my opinion that the 2 groups need to come out. Title 9 forum, lol!!!

I was going to add women's LAX also. I knew that would come up. Still my opinion that the 2 groups need to come out. Title 9 forum, lol!!!
Well then the NCAA Champion SU Field Hockey might want equal billing too. ;) I'm not sure the site could support that many separate forums.

Well then the NCAA Champion SU Field Hockey might want equal billing too. ;) I'm not sure the site could support that many separate forums.

I agree with llandz, I wish the forums were separated between men's and women's athletics but understand if the site can't manage that many forums. I think it's a shame to pigeon hole WBB and WLAX in to the Olympic forum thread, and while they don't have anywhere near the following of the men's teams I still think they deserve their own place.

I agree with llandz, I wish the forums were separated between men's and women's athletics but understand if the site can't manage that many forums. I think it's a shame to pigeon hole WBB and WLAX in to the Olympic forum thread, and while they don't have anywhere near the following of the men's teams I still think they deserve their own place.
Well if you look at the Olympic forum it basically, with the exception of MSoccer and XC, is the womens' forum.

No because I did not say men's x country. It is the 2 premier women's sports. And this forum has had a growing female population besides a decent men's following of these 2 teams. I also think that doing this validates the great strides the women's basketball program has made, and could possibly help to elevate attendance at games. But I would do both women's basketball and lax. Maybe when we don't need an NCAA issues or football experience category anymore as eventually those 2 categories will be more obsolete as we move forward with dome plans, and move further through the sanctions process.

I wish it was Coach Q's 36th win and they won by 200 but still ...

great win by the ladies!

No because I did not say men's x country. It is the 2 premier women's sports. And this forum has had a growing female population besides a decent men's following of these 2 teams. I also think that doing this validates the great strides the women's basketball program has made, and could possibly help to elevate attendance at games. But I would do both women's basketball and lax. Maybe when we don't need an NCAA issues or football experience category anymore as eventually those 2 categories will be more obsolete as we move forward with dome plans, and move further through the sanctions process.

My problem is that I think they all deserve their own forum. All these kids work hard. They all deserve us as fans to follow them through the season. The reality is that two years ago there wasn't even an Olympic forum. The WBB and WLax would just show up as threads mixed in the mens' forums. The other sports were ignored on here. I know as I was the one who suggested this forum and OrangeXtreme and I are the ones that maintain it. So for now some progress is better than no progress.

My problem is that I think they all deserve their own forum. All these kids work hard. They all deserve us as fans to follow them through the season. The reality is that two years ago there wasn't even an Olympic forum. The WBB and WLax would just show up as threads mixed in the mens' forums. The other sports were ignored on here. I know as I was the one who suggested this forum and OrangeXtreme and I are the ones that maintain it. So for now some progress is better than no progress.
I think you both do a tremendous job on this forum. The banners make it very easy to decipher which sport is the topic of the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom