SU AD Receives $25M Gift from Former Player | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU AD Receives $25M Gift from Former Player

Best quote from Lally: "For Syracuse University Athletics to become even more competitive in both the ACC and on the national stage, the program needs to have first-class facilities, operations and support."

Thank you sir. This is EXACTLY what we need.
As more summer like winters.

It’s probably an endowment which means it will spit off 5% a year to be spent. Still nice.

Did you read the rest of the thread - specifically Orangejet's post?

No. But I don’t see your point. I work in higher education and creating these endowments with donors is my job. Things on campus get named for donors all the time in recognition of a gift but many times the money goes in to an endowment. The gift is never spent. Just the income.

No. But I don’t see your point. I work in higher education and creating these endowments with donors is my job. Things on campus get named for donors all the time in recognition of a gift but many times the money goes in to an endowment. The gift is never spent. Just the income.
OK, I guess we'll see. Kinda strange a specific use would be mentioned to alumni if that wasn't the intent.

Can you share any insights, Orangejet?

Number one thing that the CUSE football team needs is an operations center where they can wow recruits and their parents. Many negative comments seemed to be aimed at our main facilities and this money, along with the other $75 million being pledged and raised, will be for football only and I know that for a fact.

An extra $1.25M (5%) to the football operating budget is a big deal for this program. They can pay assistant coaches more, or get more assistant coaches or pay Dino more.

Number one thing that the CUSE football team needs is an operations center where they can wow recruits and their parents. Many negative comments seemed to be aimed at our main facilities and this money, along with the other $75 million being pledged and raised, will be for football only and I know that for a fact.

Orangejet, is this a capital gift?

Is the other $75 million being donated or coming from another source? This is serious money being poured in

I was on opposite side of field so couldn’t see lally well but sure looked like when they announced this, at the end he was animated and pointed at Dino or someone else on the sideline as if to say / “This is for you.” Anyone closer notice?

Incredible donation. Kudos to the Lally’s - glad he was able to use some of his business success and give it back. Sounds like he was even more successful off the field than he was on it.

Last edited:
Both!
tenor.gif
images.jpeg

That is a tremendous gift to Syracuse University Football from Laura & John Lally. Unfortunately while they were announcing it, you could not hear half of what was being said. They need to completely overhaul the public address system in the Dome. I'm right at the 50 yard line Row F Section 101 and I heard about every fourth word. That was a disservice to the Lally's because many people did not cheer because they didn't know what was going on.

Yeah, didn’t even hear the announcement and found out about when I got out of the dome, from reading it on here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom