SU AD Receives $25M Gift from Former Player | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU AD Receives $25M Gift from Former Player

Dino was very gracious during the announcement of the gift. He first walked the sideline to get right in front of the group, pointed to the Lally's and clapped in recognition. He's a class act, and a great program ambassador.

This is huge. Brand new facility connected to the IPF will be $$$
It’s an enormous amount of money for a school that doesn’t traditionally raise money like that. Melo is a hero for the $3m he donated - this is 8x more! It’s one of the largest gifts in school history and has to be largest for football program (or overall athletics) by a wide magnitude. This is a game changer

I was on opposite side of field so couldn’t see lally well but sure looked like when they announced this, at the end he was animated and pointed at Dino or someone else on the sideline as if to say / “This is for you.” Anyone closer notice?

Incredible donation. Kudos to the Lally’s - glad he was able to use some of his business success and give it back. Sounds like he was even more successful off the field than he was on it.
He is worth easily a half billion I am told by a close friend that knows him really well from back in the day.

so what is this so-called new football operations center?

He is worth easily a half billion I am told by a close friend that knows him really well from back in the day.
how much is fucillo worth by comparison? Just curious.

so what is this so-called new football operations center?

We can track up to 100 incoming recruits...

wargames-1600.jpg

This is huge. Brand new facility connected to the IPF will be $$$
Can someone come up with some possible examples or analogs from other football schools as to the type of new facilities we might expect? Seems like the actual details are still several weeks away.

Can someone come up with some possible examples or analogs from other football schools as to the type of new facilities we might expect? Seems like the actual details are still several weeks away.

Schools have been spending $60m and up on complete facility overhauls. Talking football only facilities, not including stadium additions.

How much is a big douche worth?
A ton, but his kid played football at UNC, so I guess in the future they will get first dibs.

Is Burton still involved with SU?

A ton, but his kid played football at UNC, so I guess in the future they will get first dibs.

Is Burton still involved with SU?

I worked for him years ago, he doesn't seem like the donating type. Although if they'll put his name on something that changes the game.

That is a tremendous gift to Syracuse University Football from Laura & John Lally. Unfortunately while they were announcing it, you could not hear half of what was being said. They need to completely overhaul the public address system in the Dome. I'm right at the 50 yard line Row F Section 101 and I heard about every fourth word. That was a disservice to the Lally's because many people did not cheer because they didn't know what was going on.

Will the new roof have better acoustics than the current roof?