SU AD Receives $25M Gift from Former Player | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

SU AD Receives $25M Gift from Former Player

excited sean.gif

:rolleyes:

Ed Levine and Galaxy have been good partners for Syracuse athletics. He goes above and beyond working with SU. Glad this relationship will continue.

I wandered into Shirt World last weekend and it looked like the entire drop ceiling was going to collapse due to water damage. Pretty sure it'd cost him a couple hundred bucks to replace the tiles, so I'm gonna guess that's a big no to your question.

You’re a bigger man than me. I will never step foot in that con artists operation. Amazing he’s survived since he will ultimately dupe anyone.

I didn't see any discussion about the following after the donation was made. If there was, apologies.

During halftime of the Syracuse University vs. Western Michigan football game, Syracuse University Chancellor Kent Syverud and Director of Athletics John Wildhack presented a commemorative football to the Lallys in recognition of a gift commitment of $25 million to support Syracuse University athletics. The donation is among the single largest that the school has ever received.

Apparently the specific use(s) of the money has already been decided between the Lally's and SU and will be announced at a later date.

If you gave the school's athletic department $25M what do you think the school should do with the $25 M? New apartments for the football players? Additions to the renovations to the Dome? Although they were just completed, make the locker rooms and trainers facilities spectacular? How far does $25M go towards making us more competitive in the ACC and attracting better talent - or can money not do that and it's W's that will make the 4 and 5 Stars look more at us with thoughts of committing. Some of you that live in or around SU may have a great take on this knowing what we have now and have your opinion of what we need? Where do you think the $ would be best used?

I didn't see any discussion about the following after the donation was made. If there was, apologies.

During halftime of the Syracuse University vs. Western Michigan football game, Syracuse University Chancellor Kent Syverud and Director of Athletics John Wildhack presented a commemorative football to the Lallys in recognition of a gift commitment of $25 million to support Syracuse University athletics. The donation is among the single largest that the school has ever received.

Apparently the specific use(s) of the money has already been decided between the Lally's and SU and will be announced at a later date.

If you gave the school's athletic department $25M what do you think the school should do with the $25 M? New apartments for the football players? Additions to the renovations to the Dome? Although they were just completed, make the locker rooms and trainers facilities spectacular? How far does $25M go towards making us more competitive in the ACC and attracting better talent - or can money not do that and it's W's that will make the 4 and 5 Stars look more at us with thoughts of committing. Some of you that live in or around SU may have a great take on this knowing what we have now and have your opinion of what we need? Where do you think the $ would be best used?

Nothing but bags.

Lots and lots of bags.

In discussing this donation with several insiders, two things are obvious and needed...1) Operations Center - The Football side feels that they need a stand-alone main area where they could showcase football and use as the main meeting/recruiting area, similar to the Melo Center for hoops. 2) Locker Rooms - Many recruits have stated that the CUSE has a substandard locker room and this is a priorty moving forward. Maybe not on the LSU or Nebraska scale but something near the top of where the other ACC teams are currently at.

In discussing this donation with several insiders, two things are obvious and needed...1) Operations Center - The Football side feels that they need a stand-alone main area where they could showcase football and use as the main meeting/recruiting area, similar to the Melo Center for hoops. 2) Locker Rooms - Many recruits have stated that the CUSE has a substandard locker room and this is a priorty moving forward. Maybe not on the LSU or Nebraska scale but something near the top of where the other ACC teams are currently at.

Dome Locker Room, or Manley Locker Room?

Because I don't think there's room for a slide and a hot tub in the Dome.

Dome Locker Room, or Manley Locker Room?

Because I don't think there's room for a slide and a hot tub in the Dome.

I would think Manley (I know not directed to me). They are ok at best - but other sports at SU have better rooms for their respective teams.

I would think Manley (I know not directed to me). They are ok at best - but other sports at SU have better rooms for their respective teams.

Didn't they just renovate them like three years ago?

I seem to remember an extended thread here, with equal parts "this is the best thing ever" and "looks like high school" posts.

I seem to remember an extended thread here, with equal parts "this is the best thing ever" and "looks like high school" posts.

They got new lockers but the space itself is limited.

People were reacting to the stadium locker room which should not be a priority

How about some top recruiters? Addazio would be a great OL Coach/Assistant HC/ recruiter if he's let go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom