SU Administrators Your Autograph session needs fixing | Syracusefan.com

SU Administrators Your Autograph session needs fixing

Tom Frey

Walk On
I understand there was a Lacrosse game right after the spring game so you options were limited, but your 20min autograph session really disapointed the long line of youngsters waiting for an autograph. If you stood in line you didn't have a chance because there was no one on staff keeping people from just walking up to the table so the line never moved.

Next year how about pushing the lacrosse game back a half hour and having the players sign in the end zone. Fans can get on the field and can at least get one autograph from a player instead of a handful getting all of them.

Thank you to Baye Keita and Michael Carter-Williams for staying and signing and taking some pics with the fans.

Maybe the AD just loves their time off, because it sure as heck doesn't seem like anyone is working late coming up with contingency plans over there... It's beyond frustrating... Thats bush league that that happened...

Maybe the AD just loves their time off, because it sure as heck doesn't seem like anyone is working late coming up with contingency plans over there... It's beyond frustrating... Thats bush league that that happened...
Maybe the Lax start time was locked in by TV. Maybe that is why the scrimmage started early.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Maybe the Lax start time was locked in by TV. Maybe that is why the scrimmage started early.

You know what would have been really neat then? Thinking about that ahead of time and planning accordingly. Maybe start the scrimmage at an announced time of 1130 and have time for the autographs without impact to the Lax game start time.

You know what would have been really neat then? Thinking about that ahead of time and planning accordingly. Maybe start the scrimmage at an announced time of 1130 and have time for the autographs without impact to the Lax game start time.
If that was the case, then yep

how about hiring some of us to fix all these issues that seem so easy to coordinate from the outside

how about hiring some of us to fix all these issues that seem so easy to coordinate from the outside

They really should. It's not rocket science to coordinate the times of 2 events with some time in between for other activities. Just like the pre-game video intro, not once have they ever gotten that timing down for when the football team comes on the field, but somehow basketball nails it perfectly every time.

i have read this thread and all the ones re the game---conclusion i have reached is no one is in charge,anywhere. game sucked, fan experience, sucked was there ANYTHING positive today,tailgates, humor,anyone BUELER,BUELER,ANYONE.

Took both of my kids up. Missed most of the 1st half thanks to the early start time and the fact all of the close parking lots were closed. My kids had to check their footballs with guest services until the autograph session. The offense and defense were on completely different ends of the Dome, the long way. We got into line immediately following the game and got 5 players autographs before the horn sounded. (n) This was worse than the Greg Robinson fiasco.

i have read this thread and all the ones re the game---conclusion i have reached is no one is in charge,anywhere. game sucked, fan experience, sucked was there ANYTHING positive today,tailgates, humor,anyone BUELER,BUELER,ANYONE.
A good tailgate before hand and that sounds pretty much like a regular season home game, only you got in for free.

I understand there was a Lacrosse game right after the spring game so you options were limited, but your 20min autograph session really disapointed the long line of youngsters waiting for an autograph. If you stood in line you didn't have a chance because there was no one on staff keeping people from just walking up to the table so the line never moved.

Next year how about pushing the lacrosse game back a half hour and having the players sign in the end zone. Fans can get on the field and can at least get one autograph from a player instead of a handful getting all of them.

Thank you to Baye Keita and Michael Carter-Williams for staying and signing and taking some pics with the fans.

The very abbreviated signing session had little or nothing to do with the lax game that followed; that didn't begin until a tad after 3; there was plenty of time for more autographs for the kids. Someone doesn't get that if you offer things like this you need to do it right.

Hire is the wrong word, you have some real diehards here who would volunteer and do it for free lets be honest. And they couldn't mess things up any worse than things currently are.

Whether its starting the spring game on time, setting up an autograph session, or the pre-game entrance video timed to when the team runs out onto the field. These are things OTHER schools just do. Here at Syracuse its like some big deal to do any 1 of these things right let alone all 3

DOnt understand why lax game had to affect signings. Signing were on concourse and could have gone a lot longer if needed. M

Same thing happening at fan fest. They blew horn and my kids were at the end of the line. Credit to shamarko and a few other d backs who stayed to sign every one even though staffers and strength coaches were pushing the back to locker room. Credit to marrone who also stayed for every signing.

they should have put the signing tables in front of the restooms;) as the spring game was so exciting that no one left their seats until the very last play.

then you can get their autographs as you wait in the long lines to pee:noidea:

I have a problem with the way SU does a lot of things and this was one...terrible. Kids wait and then the players are gone. Horribly ran...horrible and I had little hoops fans with me and they were kind of happy to get autographs and this ended what could have been a solid boost for the program regarding them. If they saw Baye and MCW they would have been thrilled and forget SU even played football which sometimes I think they want us to do sometimes with their actions. I was irate about this but have calmed down, not for me but for the kids...moron move by SU.

You can't have an autograph session that lasts only 20 minutes.

Either allocate at least a full hour for meets and greets with the players and coaches, or don't even bother.

They really should. It's not rocket science to coordinate the times of 2 events with some time in between for other activities. Just like the pre-game video intro, not once have they ever gotten that timing down for when the football team comes on the field, but somehow basketball nails it perfectly every time.

There's been a lot of turnover within the AD since Gross was hired and a lot of questionable hires to replace the people that Gross ran out...I don't know a ton of the people that left, but I know there were a few talented people that hated working for him that chose to leave because they found him terrible to work for. And then when you hire your girlfriend/wife to run marketing and she's never done that before, you open yourself up to more issues...granted Gross fancies himself as a marketing whiz, but Lael was terrible at her job since Day 1 and hasn't gotten better. Why the school has allowed this to happen just baffles me. It's a complete waste of money for a high-level position that should be held by someone who knows what they're doing.

I loved the one long pass play where the receiver was interfered with, and the back ref threw in the flag. And then after about a half second delay, 5 or 6 other flags all came flying in. That was truly funny. It looked like none of the refs wanted to be the one guy who didn't throw his flag.

DOnt understand why lax game had to affect signings. Signing were on concourse and could have gone a lot longer if needed. M

because of the lax game they had to leave the field immediatly. If the lax game was pushed back they could have had the players signing on the field and just stand in line for your favorite player, instead of 1 line on the concorse that no one followed because there was no staff there. You went from one player to the next, so a handful of people got everyones autograph and most people got nothing.

The autograph session was probably counting as practice time so if you have it for an hour, you lose one hour of practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom