SU and Pitt to ACC in 2013? | Syracusefan.com

SU and Pitt to ACC in 2013?

OrangePA

Living Legend
Suggested in ESPN banner scrolling now.

Says the ACC MB schedule will expand to 18 games - says SU and Pitt to join ACC in 2013.

Would've liked 2012/13, but I can live with 2013/14

2012-13, or 2013-14 ?

ANDY KATZ BLOG

• The ACC chose a good week to announce a major shift in scheduling for next season. The league will go from 16 to 18 league games for men's and women's basketball, even though Pitt and Syracuse won't be joining the conference until the fall of 2013 at the earliest.

the sooner the better(no not the dbags from oklahoma)

from a fball standpoint we have a much better chance at being competitive in the BE next year. there wont be a single solid team in the league. as bad as we played this year to have had so many games come down to the last drive its no great leap to win those games next year.

2013 is what I'm hearing in Pittsburgh as well. I think it is a done deal. They really need us for one more year, it's not a punitive thing.

from a fball standpoint we have a much better chance at being competitive in the BE next year. there wont be a single solid team in the league. as bad as we played this year to have had so many games come down to the last drive its no great leap to win those games next year.

THERE WASN'T A SINGLE SOLID TEAM THIS PAST YEAR!!!!!

Pitt had a new coach, WVU had a new coach, UConn had a new coach, Louisville was down, Cinci was down, Rutgers was....well Rutgers was Rutgers.

(edit: sorry, not yelling at you UD...just screaming from the mountaintops.)

If they make it 19 games, everyone would play their division teams twice and each team from the other division once.

But I know odd #s drive these people crazy.

If they make it 19 games, everyone would play their division teams twice and each team from the other division once.

I like that option the best. 9 home, 9 away, and 1 neutral. So over a 7 year period you play cross division teams 3 home, 3 away, and 1 neutral. Which means SU would be playing Duke 3 times in the Dome, 3 in Cameron, and 1 in MSG over a 7 year period.

I like the idea of an extra, odd game; to be played at a neutral site--Clemson comes to the Garden, the next year vs. UMD at the Verizon Center, or some such.

True dat. I don't mind another year of BE football. We're not ready for the ACC. So when does Boise et al join the Big East?

True dat. I don't mind another year of BE football. We're not ready for the ACC. So when does Boise et al join the Big East?
I thought that was definitely going to happen Fall of 2013.

After we're gone. Next year is the farewell tour.

I got no problem with it. In basketball I am sure the mid level to lower Big East programs (Seton Hall, St.Johns, DePaul, Rutgers...etc) are in love with the fact they will get beaten down by Pitt and SU for another year and NOT have a snowballs chance in hell of making the NCAA tourney because the conference is so damn top-heavy. They can thank their commish for that.

And in football, well does it really matter if we finish at or near the bottom of the big east or acc. I don't think so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom