UNLV and Cal are both going to be tough games | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV and Cal are both going to be tough games

Of those 4 road games, only at NC St will be considered a tough atmosphere. That works in our favor. No disrespect to the actual opponents, just talking home field advantage/crowd noise, etc.

The time zone trip to Las Vegas has major distraction written all over it, though. If they're staying at the Bellagio it's going to be a problem no matter what HCFB says. Personally, I'd blindfold the team and find lodging way off the strip away from the lights.

We are playing UNLV in a dome on turf. It's a plus. I love that we've only got 2 games on grass this year.

I stayed in the same off-strip hotel as the UNLV team before one of their home games last year. They were focused, as you'd expect, and looked a little under-sized. Maybe they got bigger this season.

We will see.
I think our game plan would change in-game. We would stop messing around on offense and not play ball control. Pretty sure we could go much faster and really get going on offense. We saw little glimpses against Ohio when we needed it. I cant see a game where our offense gets shut down.
Slowed down a bit will happen at times and mistakes will be made. I guess against an elite Def its possible but I think our OC has alot more up his sleeve if its needed.
I feel if the pressure is really on, the players on Off, Def and STs will step up, accountability. We may lose some but in that case the other team was just better not bc we failed. Hats off.
Also, the team and coaches are not going to overlook anyone, maybe you would but not advisable. That BS is for undisciplined teams, this coach aint letting that fly, I would at least bet on that.
Anyways, Im sure we will pull it all together with a little time. You saw the change the defense made after Ohio. There will be changes and alot of time to make a difference in the STs.
It is football, perfection is unattainable; only more perfect. Focus on the positives and enjoy the improvements.
With all that said...chill out Franco, relaaax.
We are going to the playoff!

***Did you actually *see* a few of Kyle Mclambos throws? or were you just watching? Dudes a pro, a leader and gets his team fired up. "These guys are fin sorry as f" lets go!
He said they were slow as f.

After last night I’m really not afraid of that UNLV game. Their offense doesn’t have much outside of Sluka making Dungey-esque plays where he runs into linebackers full speed. Defense got gashed on the ground and was gifted some really bad throws by Jalon Daniel’s.

By the way anyone see what happened at the end of the half? UNLV with :25 on the clock and two timeouts let the clock run until they HAD to snap it and scored on a miracle play. Incredibly bad coaching that the Kansas D bailed them out on. I think a focused and more talented Fran Brown team is going to be a lot more to handle than the two bottom of the barrel Big 12 teams they’ve played so far.

Was gonna start a thread but just gonna throw this here.
After week 2 I feel our schedule is no easier than a typical year. Im not positive on the particulars but at first glance I see it like this:
Instead of FlaSt we play GaTech.
Instead of Clemson we play Miami.
Instead of @ Wake Forest we play @ Cal.
Instead of @Army we play @ UNLV.
...maybe Stanford instead of VA or Duke.
To me thats it, all the other games are typical.
At minimum its a wash, certainly alot less travel. If I could trade I think I would...

The only difference is the Notre Dame years. Who knows how good they are?
Just excited for any SU game...digging deep here...Would you trade schedules?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom