SU and SJU agree to home and home | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU and SJU agree to home and home

St Johns at the Dome in OCC is a step up from the usual competition.

Wouldn't be surprised to see SU schedule Nova and Georgetown in rotating years as well.

Wouldn't be surprised to see SU schedule Nova and Georgetown in rotating years as well.

Me either. Then we could some sort of nuetral MSG game in the seasons we are playing the Johnies at the Dome. If we played all three H&H we would just have to ballance our ACC BiG challange game so that we were home when we had two away games with the three old BE teams and away when we had two of them at home. Would make a nice ballance of two good home games, two good road games and a nueltral at MSG every other season. Then we can fill out the OOC with the usual suspects.

So, after reading the SJU release, it seems that this is only a 2 year deal. You would think that a series so 'dear to us' might warrant a longer deal.

We have plenty of other schools that are "dear to us".

Like Nova, Georgetown, Depaul, Providence, etc... :D

Syracuse might be in an interplanetary conference with schools from Venus and Mars in a few years. Planning a long range series with the Johnnies might not be practical.

We're in Maui in 2013.

We won't be playing in another pre-season tourney that ends at MSG anyways.

Our OCC schedule will probably look something like this

Neutral: Dayton, Minnesota, Gonzaga
Home: Michigan/OSU/IU (1 of the 3)
Away: SJU

I never got why these series are called "home and home". Why not "home and away"? wouldn't "We have a home and away series vs. SJU" make sense? Home and home sounds like 2 home games for yourself.

More ammunition for the pundits to discuss how we don't play enough 'away' games.

Sign this deal for 10 years. Hoyas, cats and even the huskies. Bolster out of conference schedule, media will like it and it keeps old traditions.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Nova, for sure. The issue with the ticket distribution will be a sticking poing in the negotiations with Georgetown.

So, after reading the SJU release, it seems that this is only a 2 year deal. You would think that a series so 'dear to us' might warrant a longer deal.

We're going to be rotating among St. John's, Georgetown and Villanova, IMO. And we will probably seek out an MSG pre-season tournament game.

Sign this deal for 10 years. Hoyas, cats and even the huskies. Bolster out of conference schedule, media will like it and it keeps old traditions.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think there are any plans to continue to play UConn. Boeheim only talked about the 3 city schools - Gtown, Nova and St. John's.

Nova, for sure. The issue with the ticket distribution will be a sticking poing in the negotiations with Georgetown.

Excellent! AD should take a stand against a team that would prefer to have empty seats than let our fans in the building ... It's time to go to the ACC and Georgetown still sucks!

While recently SJU has not been as competitive as Nova and the Hoyas by nature of being in NYC this is definitley the most important rivalry to continue. Games in DC and Philly are not far behind though imo. Without a doubt those 3 cities are the most fertile recruiting ground historically for SU. UConn brings nothing to the table in my opinion and neither really do the Hall or Butgers.

I don't think there are any plans to continue to play UConn. Boeheim only talked about the 3 city schools - Gtown, Nova and St. John's.

I agree with this. The only reason SU is going to schedule any of them is because of either 1) our fanbase or 2) recruiting. SJU, Gtown and Nova fit one or both of those. UConn fits neither.

While recently SJU has not been as competitive as Nova and the Hoyas by nature of being in NYC this is definitley the most important rivalry to continue. Games in DC and Philly are not far behind though imo. Without a doubt those 3 cities are the most fertile recruiting ground historically for SU. UConn brings nothing to the table in my opinion and neither really do the Hall or Butgers.

From a purely recruiting standpoint, I would suggest that the order is (1) G'town, (2) Nova, (3) St. John's. We've never recruited NYC as well as you would expect. More of our players are from Philly & DC/Baltimore.

Although I should say that playing at the Garden gets the attention (and news coverage) in Jersey, where we have done pretty well over the years (and continue to do well).

And if they don't open them up...SU should just contact MD, GMU or VCU about playing a game in DC at a neutral arena. I think SU should open discussions with MD and use it as leverage with GTown.

We should try to find a way to play in MSG and Philly every year. Have to sign agreements like this with G'Town and Nova but we need to find another team to play a neutral site game at MSG in years SJU is at the dome. Also need another team to play in Philly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom