SU at Ohio State: Wed Nov 28 in ACC/B10 Challenge | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU at Ohio State: Wed Nov 28 in ACC/B10 Challenge

Cleveland rocks!! Is there a radio station called the Buzzard or something there? I was driving through Cleveland one time and that song came on(back when the Drew Carey show was in heavy syndication), and it got me riled up.

There was/is!

I was actually on a former part of OSU the day before this was announced. Maybe that will bring good luck. I flew to Cleveland and drove to Columbus, and now this has me thinking of doing it again. I'd like to erase the 0-1 record I have at the challenge. The other was in Badger land. I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be saying, "Why cant our guys dunk like that?" this time around!

Columbus is pretty cool now. The area on High St around OSU has BLOWN up. Actually all of High Street from Short North up to Clintonville past OSU is pretty sweet. Good food and a couple of EXCELLENT breweries too...Columbus Brewing Co. and Hoof Hearted.

I can't stand Ohio State or their dopey fanbase.

2012 makes my blood boil. It was even worse being on-hand, and seeing us get jobbed in the second half. I still have nightmares about Jared Sullinger missing a shot, us securing the rebound, and then a ref blowing a late whistle after we'd started to push the ball upcourt. Total crap.

The FT disparity in that game is what really killed me -- I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but it was as though the refs were hell bent on ensuring that we lost.

Columbus is pretty cool now. The area on High St around OSU has BLOWN up. Actually all of High Street from Short North up to Clintonville past OSU is pretty sweet. Good food and a couple of EXCELLENT breweries too...Columbus Brewing Co. and Hoof Hearted.
I've been to Cleveland and had a great time. My brother and I drove to the NFL Hall of Fame which was fun and then we caught an Indians game. Jacobs Field is a great place to catch a game. We were in Detroit 2 days before so maybe that is why I liked Cleveland so much who knows.

I've been to Cleveland and had a great time. My brother and I drove to the NFL Hall of Fame which was fun and then we caught an Indians game. Jacobs Field is a great place to catch a game. We were in Detroit 2 days before so maybe that is why I liked Cleveland so much who knows.

Yeah, Cleveland and all these rust belt cities including Detroit are much better and a lot of fun right now with Pittsburgh being the best of them all, IMO.

Columbus is much different. Never was a true rust belt city as there was never a big steel/coal industry or much of a manufacturing scene. Much ‘newer’ city with not as much run down and old infrastructure such as roads, abandoned old factories/mills and such. It reminds me of Charlotte. Growing like crazy.

We beat them by about ten in Alaska back when the GAS was a thing in 2000. We lost the other three (82, 07, and the...other one.)
We beat them in ‘82 regular season and they ended our season in tourney.

We also lost to them in ‘81.

Last edited:
Yep. I believe we had almost the same number of fouls called on us in that 2012 game as in the six overtime game. I think Dion fouled out in about 17 minutes
Dirty fouled out in 11 minutes

Can't go wrong with Thurmans if you like gigantic burgers, and Schmidt's sausage house. They have a sausage buffet. Que Homer Simpson drooling.

Can't go wrong with Thurmans if you like gigantic burgers, and Schmidt's sausage house. They have a sausage buffet. Que Homer Simpson drooling.

Yep. That’s been around for awhile. Lines can get annoying though. Good stuff! Def a coma after.

Yep. That’s been around for awhile. Lines can get annoying though. Good stuff! Def a coma after.
Sadly, I have not eaten there yet. Yet. I'll get there. A buddy of mine says it's as heavenly as it sounds. My ex and I used to go to rock on the range every year and we'd make a point of hitting some of the restaurants in town. One trip was to Thurmans. I ate the Thurmanator.

Sadly, I have not eaten there yet. Yet. I'll get there. A buddy of mine says it's as heavenly as it sounds. My ex and I used to go to rock on the range every year and we'd make a point of hitting some of the restaurants in town. One trip was to Thurmans. I ate the Thurmanator.

Are you in Cbus? It’s a fun place. German Village, downtown, Short North (obviously), and Clintonville have lots of great restaurants. For beer Columbus Brewing Co. (‘Bodhi’ Double IPA is fantastic) and now Hoof Hearted are awesome.

Are you in Cbus? It’s a fun place. German Village, downtown, Short North (obviously), and Clintonville have lots of great restaurants. For beer Columbus Brewing Co. (‘Bodhi’ Double IPA is fantastic) and now Hoof Hearted are awesome.
I'm in Toledo. I get down to the Columbus area a couple times a year. Have a lot of family in Washington Courthouse. It's been a while since I've been to Columbus just to hang out and do a little bar/restaurant hopping. Looking forward to the bball game..

Just had a hoof hearted beer on Labor Day. It was solid

Just had a hoof hearted beer on Labor Day. It was solid

Yeah they do a lot of the hazy/unfiltered stuff and some wild combinations. Big fan.

When will tickets go on sale for this game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom