SU athletics offering new student ticket model to boost Carrier Dome attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU athletics offering new student ticket model to boost Carrier Dome attendance

Don't give up all hope...

Well eventually they'll have to change things. Hoping for sooner rather than later. I also wanted season ticket membership cards if you recall. Still waiting on those lol

Yeah, they could do something like that. Track student IDs, see who goes the most. Give them points that mean something, like priority in the first come first serve line. Make it like Disney and the people who get to walk past all the commoners in line. Other than my son's ear to ear smile, that was my favorite part of the week.

I don't care what amusement/theme park I'm at, I will always buy a Fast Pass (or whatever that park calls it). Totally worth the money.

As OrangeDB stated, I remember a post I had a while back saying they should do the point system. They start as a freshman until senior year. It's easy going to MBB/FB/MLax in terms of entertainment. Those should be minimal points and the other olympic sports be more points to have students intrigued to go to more events. 100 points gets you a t-shirt, 200 gets you a free slice of pizza at the Dome, 1,000 gets you priority for post-season tickets. Obviously not the best numbers but the die hards for SU athletics will attend the bigger events.

They've done a lot more to connect to the newest batch of students and recent alumni. That's a hell of a lot more than they have done for anyone before 2012.

A lot comes down to student leadership...they need to build the excitement organically and recruit. I'm not going to go into details but some years the student leadership is arrogant, selfish and lazy and other years they want to help the school and will do the work to improve attendance.

Hopefully 2017-18 has good leadership.

So 25 years ago right through to 20 years ago, they tracked students buying season tickets and your seat improved with the more seasons you stuck with it. Problems were, for hoops freshman year, I had my back to the wall up too behind the basket. Didn't really inspire me to pony up for next year, but I did. Seats improved dramatically as I was moved to the curtain seats upper corner. After that I had friends in athletics and got free premium seats, so by my 5th year, I was punished for not having bought tickets for two years. I get it, but it wasn't a nice wake up. With full honesty, the biggest problem I had was non-students often mixed in. 18-20 year olds want to be 18-20 year olds. They don't want 40-60 year olds telling them to sit or watch their language. As a 40 something parent, I get it, but if I'm in the student section, I should know what to expect.
I think the student leadership needs to be boosted, and the atmosphere (creating a tough home field advantage) needs to be built. Manley zoo was not a nice place. Guys with rainbow wigs running the flag around are missing. The "Hey" song is missing. Do you think 25 years ago 3rd quarter "Jump Around" happened with the blessing of all the 40-60 year olds at Camp Randle? The A&M yell squad has practices. This is the necessary leadership. The school embraces this. It creates an atmosphere that is fun to be a part of and draws more students who want to be a part, to say they had that experience.

Meh. These plans seem uninspiring. While I think that the way to truly get fans in the door involves charging every single student a $200 fee as part of their tuition, and then delivering each one free a free season ticket, short of that, here are a couple idesa I like better.

Some benefits I would love to see offered:

$15 food and beverage credit per game, per student ticket- maybe that Noon game on Saturday is more appealing if it comes with a free meal?

Bring a buddy referral program: bring your student ticket and a friend, whether s/he is a student or not to the box office on the day of the game, and s/he gets a percentage off the single game student rate (enough to make it worthwhile, but not enough to incentivize laziness...maybe 25%) and you EACH get a $10 food/beverage credit (meaning the student ticket holder would now have $25 including what they already had themselves)

Loyalty rewards: Attending every game gets you an invitation to a post-season banquet on the field with the players and coaches including food, drink (2 or 3 drink tickets per person for those over 21), games, etc. Here is where you give out some very cool swag...maybe better than a T shirt, like a hoodie or something. Something they can wear, brag about, and people will want to get themselves the following season.

Better seats: The premium package should offer seats closer to the 50 on the lower level. it doesnt look like any of the premium packages offer upgraded seats. Im not talking about huge numbers...I know most of the best seats are committed. But even 100 or so "diamond" seats that are reserved for "premium" holders who have been loyal (could be tied to another "loyalty reward")

And FWIW- I am probably in a minority, but I would not have bought tickets as a student if it was first come, first served. I like knowing exactly where my seats were every week, and knowing every year I was a season tix holder got me better seats kept me loyal. Maybe there should be another section that is not first come, first served as an option.

Meh. These plans seem uninspiring. While I think that the way to truly get fans in the door involves charging every single student a $200 fee as part of their tuition, and then delivering each one free a free season ticket, short of that, here are a couple idesa I like better.

Some benefits I would love to see offered:

$15 food and beverage credit per game, per student ticket- maybe that Noon game on Saturday is more appealing if it comes with a free meal?

Bring a buddy referral program: bring your student ticket and a friend, whether s/he is a student or not to the box office on the day of the game, and s/he gets a percentage off the single game student rate (enough to make it worthwhile, but not enough to incentivize laziness...maybe 25%) and you EACH get a $10 food/beverage credit (meaning the student ticket holder would now have $25 including what they already had themselves)

Loyalty rewards: Attending every game gets you an invitation to a post-season banquet on the field with the players and coaches including food, drink (2 or 3 drink tickets per person for those over 21), games, etc. Here is where you give out some very cool swag...maybe better than a T shirt, like a hoodie or something. Something they can wear, brag about, and people will want to get themselves the following season.

Better seats: The premium package should offer seats closer to the 50 on the lower level. it doesnt look like any of the premium packages offer upgraded seats. Im not talking about huge numbers...I know most of the best seats are committed. But even 100 or so "diamond" seats that are reserved for "premium" holders who have been loyal (could be tied to another "loyalty reward")

And FWIW- I am probably in a minority, but I would not have bought tickets as a student if it was first come, first served. I like knowing exactly where my seats were every week, and knowing every year I was a season tix holder got me better seats kept me loyal. Maybe there should be another section that is not first come, first served as an option.
The "free tickets" student activity fee wouldn't work. They've offered free tickets before and kids don't come.

The budget for any F&B plan would be insanely high, and those offerings wouldn't move the needle much. Incentives are nice but they don't move tickets like you think.

Loyalty rewards would only move the needle with the diehard students, as the casuals wouldn't attend enough to actually get anything. As I was one of the diehards when they first tried it out, once kids knew they were shut out they stopped trying.

First come-first serve is the only way to do this for students, because if kids don't show up in the first 10 rows, the section looks dotted and terrible. First come first serve makes the section start to fill up, and makes the ugly empty seats go up top.

Young grad season tickets cut rate for Classes 2013-2017.

$100 for FB
$250 for Hoops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom