SU bowl projections | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Looking more and more like Wake and Syracuse will fill the Military and the Pinstripe.

I suspect both bowls would prefer us.

I suspect the decision is ours.

Does it get decided by the players?

We might also have options to play in Birmingham or Tampa. Would we prefer those locations?

I have no idea. Someone (hint hint Emily) should ask ?John or Dino.
Agree on all counts. Military or Pinstripe, given our 7-5 record, are great fits.

Pinstripe- huge local alumni base will drive a big turnout, high profile game run by a world class organization (and I am not a Yankees fan).

Military- aligns to university mission of investing in our veterans, plus in an area we both have alumni and heavily recruit.

Birmingham doesn't necessarily fit the profile, and as discussed the dates for Tampa are a bit challenging with such close proximity to Christmas/Christmas Eve.

My guess? Still Pinstripe.

Looking more and more like Wake and Syracuse will fill the Military and the Pinstripe.

I suspect both bowls would prefer us.

I suspect the decision is ours.

Does it get decided by the players?

We might also have options to play in Birmingham or Tampa. Would we prefer those locations?

I have no idea. Someone (hint hint Emily) should ask ?John or Dino.

Brent Axe asked him today about the bowl. He wasn’t giving up any info except to say there were a couple options.

The bowl selections I think are broadcast on ESPN this Sunday from 12-4 or something.

My source is saying Sunday as well. Between 3 and 5 pm. He said you can go to cuse.com at that time.

Pretty solid source.

Bowl selection show runs from Noon-4 PM on Sunday.

We must be in the bracket they announce last.

On one hand I’m hoping for a warm weather bowl because it would be a much deserved treat for our players and for the fans that are willing to travel. On the other, and selfishly, I’d like it to be the Pinstripe because I can go to that one.

The commute is not an issue as I am used to driving through the Bronx as my in laws are on Long Island. I just did it twice last week for Thanksgiving lol.
Cross Bronx Expressway
Matthew Broderick GIF

If it is Minnesota in the pinstripe bowl, that is a bad matchup for us...they are a power running team

I know everyone is expressing individual preferences, which is fine.

But realistically we had more of a beggar than chooser type season.

We have been very fortunate to dodge the Fenway bullet and land in a better bowl.
I like that we can enjoy a week or more of bowl game’s leading up to ours. Playing at Fenway would be like playing at noon on Thursday of the basketball tournament, done before it really gets started.

If it is Minnesota in the pinstripe bowl, that is a bad matchup for us...they are a power running team
i agree - they have a great running back and love to run the ball.. and they have a big OL, good defensive team as well

Unless I’m having the biggest brain fart ever, there is no way the 2010 KSU game was in the 50s. 50s is like hoodie weather for me. I remember it being frigid and my wife incessantly asking to leave.
I remember it being chilly as well. According to this historical weather website the high temp was 39 on Thursday 12/30/2010

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom