SU fans in Florida | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU fans in Florida

Yeah most people stayed here too. It was a major team effort across the neighborhood to get shutters on just about every house in the neighborhood.

We bought with Lennar as well and have these exact same problems!
My neighbors did also. It's ridiculous. I've already been in contact with them about it.

Riding it out in SW Broward county. (Pembroke Pines) All my family from South Miami here riding it out as we are not in a flood zone. Bad news is I sprained my bad ankle while finishing up. Good news is it wasn't my worse ankle.

I am up here in the Panhandle, Panama City. Actually about 35 miles inland from Panama City. Will be riding out at least tropical storm force winds in our house. Our house is concrete block surrounded by brick with a fairly new, 3 years, metal roof. The person who built our house must have built it with storms in mind. Usually you just see brick surrounding wood frame, not with concrete block between the two...

Good luck and be safe to my fellow fans in the Peninsula!!

Riding it out in Orlando. Selfishly hoping Irma moves a few ticks west than what's currently projected. But prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

Checking in with the eye about 30 miles south. High sustained winds and huge gust. We have had one tree completely ripped up and one of the panels on our deck blown out. It's getting really nasty , and I will update whenever next possible. I'll also post pictures and videos when I have a chance but that may not be for a day or two.

Feeling blessed! The Big tree in my front yard came down about an hour ago. Just a small hole in my roof over my garage.
3.jpg

All fine here in Panama City...worse thing was we lost power for 4 hours yesterday afternoon/evening. No damage and just some very minor tree debris in the yard...

Glad to hear that everyone here is safe and so far sounds like the damage that people did have was no where near what they could have received.

Feeling blessed! The Big tree in my front yard came down about an hour ago. Just a small hole in my roof over my garage.
View attachment 109506
That looks like a Live Oak...tough loss as those are great trees.

I've been up in NY since mid July...my neighbors told me house in Gulfport (near St Pete) is fine...thankfully

Last edited:
LOL My current front yard.

View attachment 109534
Looks like fairly minor soffit/fascia/roof panel damage...fortunately I think it looks like the roof's structural integrity is still in tact to repel water from inside the house. Make sure the shingles about 6' up are intact. I can't tell from the picture on my small computer screen. If they are damaged that needs to be taken care of quickly. You can put a temporary patch of roof cement (the nasty black stuff in a tube or 1 gallon can) to hold over until those shingles are replaced. If the builder left any shingles you might have enough to repair it and keep the roof looking uniform.

Don't worry about messing up the roof with black roof patch...if the shingles 6' up are ripped they need to be replaced with new shingles.

Looks like fairly minor soffit/fascia/roof panel damage...fortunately I think it looks like the roof's structural integrity is still in tact to repel water from inside the house. Make sure the shingles about 6' up are intact. I can't tell from the picture on my small computer screen. If they are damaged that needs to be taken care of quickly. You can put a temporary patch of roof cement (the nasty black stuff in a tube or 1 gallon can) to hold over until those shingles are replaced. If the builder left any shingles you might have enough to repair it and keep the roof looking uniform.

Don't worry about messing up the roof with black roof patch...if the shingles 6' up are ripped they need to be replaced with new shingles.

Or get this:

Flex Tape.jpg

Hurrican Irma packed quite a punch. Fortunately we didn't incur any significant property damage at my business or at my home. Lots of clean up from branches and airborne debris but nothing that can't be dealt with. The worst part was 2 1/2 days with no power or wi-fi. I have a generator at the house but there are limitations when we have 2 refrigerators, 2 hot water heaters and everyone wanting a fan.

Managed to pickup a window air conditioner and stuck it in our master suite. It kept all 900 sq.ft very comfortable. It wasn't long and it became apparent the biggest problem was going to be our gasoline supply. I had 15 gallons to start and it takes about 6 or 7 gallons per 24 hours. Gasoline was absolutely no where to be found. Same held true for Milk and other staple food items. The store shelves were bare... and I mean like a propaganda photo from Stalingrad bare!

Today is Wednesday and there is still no gas available in town. You'd think they'd have a handle on it by now but apparently not. Duke energy informed me that we will not have power on back at my plant until Sunday night which means we miss out on a week of production. Yikes!!!! My excel spreadsheets are worthless at this point. But, alas I am extremely grateful that all my loved ones and property made it through this ordeal unscathed. The things that matter most... Family, Friends... and...

Orange Basketball!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom