SU fans in the Bronx to be far outnumbered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU fans in the Bronx to be far outnumbered

Better than being outnumbered 10-1 in South Bend. And playing in a smaller, outdoor stadium will also offset noise effects unlike Metlife

i dont know. I sort of hate this whole thing. I hate we are going to play in our home state, in a building that we had signs up last season that said ing "New York's Home Team" and be the road team. it's like ND is saying, "f you we will own this place if we want to". I hate that in our home state the opponent has their name in both end zones. Its so patronizing.

I wish we didnt take this game. I hate the optics.

i dont know. I sort of hate this whole thing. I hate we are going to play in our home state, in a building that we had signs up last season that said "New York's Home Team" and be the road team. it's like ND is saying, "f you we will own this place if we want to". I hate that in our home state the opponent has their name in both end zones. Its so patronizing.

Notre DAME is the great whore of Babylon! The Orange needs to open a big can of whoop a$$ and show Babylon who is really great.

i dont know. I sort of hate this whole thing. I hate we are going to play in our home state, in a building that we had signs up last season that said "New York's Home Team" and be the road team. it's like ND is saying, "f you we will own this place if we want to". I hate that in our home state the opponent has their name in both end zones. Its so patronizing.

If we didn't take the game, wouldn't we forfeit?

If ND moves their HOME game (as part of the ACC arrangement) to another location, do we get to say no thank you?

Patronizing and the institution that is ND and all that that entails is synonymous after all. Kind of reminds me of that $$$ basket they push around in weekly services for all to observe vs. just keeping them at the door entrances/exits. To embellish even further, they pass it around a second time nowadays.

“Take” this game?

It’s mandated by the agreement with the ACC & ND, that they play a certain # of ACC teams each season, and it was our turn.

You’d prefer we were playing them as a TRUE ROAD GAME in South Bend?? :rolleyes:

At least this is a fairly neutral site.
They did us an inadvertent favor with this Shamrock Series horsecrap.

I'm really not quite sure what all the vitriol is about in this thread. Not pointed just at you, Freak.

We have a contractual agreement (as do all other full members of the ACC) to play ND football 2 times in 6 years - or whatever the deal calls for.

This is ND's home game - as has been noted in this thread.

They can play it wherever they want. The Shamrock Series is never played in South Bend.

There is no not "taking this game". It is an ACC-mandated game. That's like saying "I wish we didn't take that Boston College game."

This is not TGD moving our USC home game to MetLife.

Truly puzzling.

If we didn't take the game, wouldn't we forfeit?

If ND moves their HOME game (as part of the ACC arrangement) to another location, do we get to say no thank you?

Yeah I forgot that the game was moved after we signed the deal. And that because of the ACC thing it really wasnt even a deal between the schools. That being said, random Q...not applicable here but curious. in a scenario with two non affiliated schools playing...say SU agrees to play in Columbus...if and Ohio State decides to move the game to alaska... does the contract have to specify a location? Or does it just say a location of home team's choosing?

Last edited:
Shhhh... 4-1 is 25% or 13,500. Although, your 11k may be more accurate. ;-).

I'll take it. With many of the Rabid ND fans being left in South Bend, I'm hoping we have enough support to make them regret playing in NY. At the end of the day, it's the away teams state, and they make it Our House..

That alone sets this up to be another huge victory speech.
If we win this game, V-speech from the Decon is going to be epic.

I'm really not quite sure what all the vitriol is about in this thread. Not pointed just at you, Freak.

We have a contractual agreement (as do all other full members of the ACC) to play ND football 2 times in 6 years - or whatever the deal calls for.

This is ND's home game - as has been noted in this thread.

They can play it wherever they want. The Shamrock Series is never played in South Bend.

There is no not "taking this game". It is an ACC-mandated game. That's like saying "I wish we didn't take that Boston College game."

This is not TGD moving our USC home game to MetLife.

Truly puzzling.

I get it. I work in marketing. I just fear a lot of the success that SU has had in penetrating the NY market being undermined by the showing and the way this game will be positioned by NBC. That said, Its not a football thing, its really just a narrow concern I have myself given my personal narrow focus, and its probably not even a concern worthy of a board focused mostly on football. Sorry for bringing it up.

I get it. I work in marketing. I just fear a lot of the success that SU has had in penetrating the NY market being undermined by the showing and the way this game will be positioned by NBC. That said, Its not a football thing, its really just a narrow concern I have myself given my personal narrow focus, and its probably not even a concern worthy of a board focused mostly on football. Sorry for bringing it up.
Don't be sorry. It just seemed as if you didn't realize it was ND's home game and we had no choice. I'm sure it was specified early on that the game would not be in South Bend, and probably specified that it would be in NYC. Hard to know without having seen the agreement/contract.

If we win this game, V-speech from the Decon is going to be epic.

A win in this game would be incredible for our program
I realize there’s really no chance for us to make the playoffs (even though there is possible 1% chance- or whatever)

But I would argue that this would be the biggest win in all of college football this season. It would in effect knock them out of the playoffs , so it’s sort of a playoff game for them.

It would be bigger than Clemson last year , as they still made the playoffs and we wound up 4-8. So, other than it being a fun win, it wasn’t very meaningful.

Yeah, I'm sure when they offered, SU took it in a heartbeat. I mean I'm sure SU still had to sign off on playing a location other than South Bend. I mean the can't just force the other team to play wherever they want.

A win in this game would be incredible for our program
I realize there’s really no chance for us to make the playoffs (even though there is possible 1% chance- or whatever)

But I would argue that this would be the biggest win in all of college football this season. It would in effect knock them out of the playoffs , so it’s sort of a playoff game for them.

It would be bigger than Clemson last year , as they still made the playoffs and we wound up 4-8. So, other than it being a fun win, it wasn’t very meaningful.

The case could even be made that beating ND would be bigger than beating #1 Nebraska in 1984
We wound up having a lousy season and Nebraska clawed their way back to #1 before losing to Oklahoma before the end of the season
So again , our win was fun , but didn’t change anything

Last edited:
The case could even be made that beating ND would be bigger than beating #1 Nebraska in 1984
We wound up having a lousy season and Nebraska clawed their way back to #1 before losing to Oklahoma before the end of the season
So again , our win was fun , but didn’t change anything
You underestimate the importance of that Nebraska win. 1987 doesn’t happen without the recruiting bounce from that win.

I dare say that win had a ripple effect that lasted until 2001.

I'll be at the stadium what are the odds I can get tickets before the game in front of the stadium?
The odds are 100%. The cost? no idea

You underestimate the importance of that Nebraska win. 1987 doesn’t happen without the recruiting bounce from that win.

I dare say that win had a ripple effect that lasted until 2001.
I get ya
But the bounce we’d get from tomorrow could be bigger. Beating America’s team and knocking them out of the playoffs would also be a huge boost in recruiting.

By the way, all the seniors on the 87 team were already around in 84, most notably donnie

Perhaps it was the 87 team’s win over PSU that helped all the way thru ‘01

do you think the prices will be cheaper then they are online now?
tough to say. right before gametime you may have some scalpers drop a little.

Quick note that no one will care about but I am still sharing...my iphone died and it is critically important. the only appt for the weekend is 2:30 tomorrow. I just after 60 min of charging got it to kick on and show 1% (now 2 10 min later). It's obviously screwed. If I can get my data off of it tonight I can cancel tomorrow and go next week as it will be less critical.

Send good vibes please :)

Quick note that no one will care about but I am still sharing...my iphone died and it is critically important. the only appt for the weekend is 2:30 tomorrow. I just after 60 min of charging got it to kick on and show 1% (now 2 10 min later). It's obviously screwed. If I can get my data off of it tonight I can cancel tomorrow and go next week as it will be less critical.

Send good vibes please :)
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom