SU fans in the Bronx to be far outnumbered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU fans in the Bronx to be far outnumbered

Love Zorbas subs. Graduated in 80 and use to eat there after partying at sutters mill. Zorbas still there?
Not sure how Zorba’s came into this conversation, but aaaah, memories. Was my fave too. The oven toasted roast beef sub was to die for - never could get enough. But unfortunately the place is long gone.

Is Sutters Mill still there???? I was on hill last in 96

Nope. Wasnt there in 96 either. Chucks was in the basement of that building in the mid 90s , or at least when i was there 95-99...(the best Chuck's location ever by a mile...dark, dank, live music. loved it).

Honestly...I can save time. Faegans is there. Acropolis is there. Varsity is there. CVS is there. pretty much NOTHING else from even 1999 is there, food or bar related (including Darwin's which was my favorite by far).

Is Sutters Mill still there???? I was on hill last in 96

Sutters wound up merging with chucks, which was downstairs. They also expanded upstairs and took away interiors dark wood walls. Basically making it one giant room. Was really the only great bar on campus other than faegans

I believe chucks was eventually shut down after being raided and finding the entire freshman class being served there with fake id’s

Sutters wound up merging with chucks, which was downstairs. They also expanded upstairs and took away interiors dark wood walls. Basically making it one giant room. Was really the only great bar on campus other than faegans

I believe chucks was eventually shut down after being raided and finding the entire freshman class being served there with fake id’s

When it was Downstairs Chuck's was awesome. Loved that place. My pecking order was always 1) Darwins, 2) Chuck's, 3) Faegans, 4) Maggies.

Lucys...Harry's...44's...never went there much

When it was Downstairs Chuck's was awesome. Loved that place. My pecking order was always 1) Darwins, 2) Chuck's, 3) Faegans, 4) Maggies.

When I was a freshman , it was The Orange
Then became bugsys then became Harry’s. I believe it’s the orange again
Or some variant of that name

Naaaahhhhh
I graduated in 82, but it was gone by the late 80s

Ah, the 80's! What a time, and when Rock was king! My XM radio is pinned to Hair Nation, and Classic Rock/Rewind. :)

Before it was 44’s it just said “Bar” on the sign on the facade
We just called it “generic bar”

I used to love hanging at the Orange in the 70s ..worked as a dj at Sutters for a few years after it opened .. a crazy time to say the least

I used to love hanging at the Orange in the 70s ..worked as a dj at Sutters for a few years after it opened .. a crazy time to say the least
Remember the grocery store on the corner
Right next to the orange ?
Was called brad’s victuals and stew

Could get a 6 of Schmidt’s for $0.99
Ok, $1.06 with the tax

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online