SU Fans in the Charlotte area... | Syracusefan.com

SU Fans in the Charlotte area...

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
Be aware that Saturday's SU vs. L'ville game will not be shown on the local CBS affiliate WBTV 3 even though this is a national broadcast game. WBTV instead with air the barn burner between the Terps and the Demon Deacons. And, since this is a national game (vs. regional split broadcast) we will not get the 'out of market' game on Directv channel 729 either, as there isn't an out of market game (for us SportsPack subscribers). This happens every farging year when SU games are on CBS and where the local affiliate contractually shows the Raycom/Jefferson Pilot ACC bs game of the farging week. Farging blows!!! :bang:

I guess the only option is via stream at CBSSports.com :bang:

As an out-of-towner, I've come to loathe games that are televised on CBS. Not because I dislike having the publicity of the games on CBS [which is a good thing], but CBS has regional coverage, and if you aren't somewhere where they are showing the games, you're hosed because even sports bars can't get the telecast for games that are being showed outside of their region. I'm in B1G country, so this is a problem that crops up every year.

Good luck--hope you're able to get the game, and now I'm nervous about what will be televised here in Minneapolis.

Be aware that Saturday's SU vs. L'ville game will not be shown on the local CBS affiliate WBTV 3 even though this is a national broadcast game. WBTV instead with air the barn burner between the Terps and the Demon Deacons. And, since this is a national game (vs. regional split broadcast) we will not get the 'out of market' game on Directv channel 729 either, as there isn't an out of market game (for us SportsPack subscribers). This happens every farging year when SU games are on CBS and where the local affiliate contractually shows the Raycom/Jefferson Pilot ACC bs game of the farging week. Farging blows!!! :bang:

I guess the only option is via stream at CBSSports.com :bang:
I now hate Channel 3 and will now go drive to Columbia to watch the game. I hate using Cbssport.com because the stream is behind the live feed.

As an out-of-towner, I've come to loathe games that are televised on CBS. Not because I dislike having the publicity of the games on CBS [which is a good thing], but CBS has regional coverage, and if you aren't somewhere where they are showing the games, you're hosed because even sports bars can't get the telecast outside of their region. I'm in B1G country, so this is a problem that crops up every year.

Good luck--hope you're able to get the game, and now I'm nervous about what will be televised here in Minneapolis.

It Sucks! You should be good, since the B1G has it's own network, I don't believe they contractually pre-empt games via the local CBS affiliate.

It Sucks! You should be good, since the B1G has it's own network, I don't believe they contractually pre-empt games via the local CBS affiliate.

Like I said, your post worries me b/c I haven't checked to see what will be playing this Saturday on CBS...

Thanks for the head's up.

Does anyone know where Knoxville falls in this? We'll get the national broudcast right?

I now hate Channel 3 and will now go drive to Columbia to watch the game. I hate using Cbssport.com because the stream is behind the live feed.

Yep, hate the feed too. Indeed, Columbia will have it on, as it will be in Greenville, SC. Greenville is a much nicer city, Columbia is a friggin armpit.

I have to imagine those of us in DC will suffer a similar fate.

Does anyone know where Knoxville falls in this? We'll get the national broudcast right?

If you have DirecTV just forward your guide to Saturday at noon and see what's scheduled to air. If you are not at home, sign in to your DirecTV account online to access it from there.

If you have DirecTV just forward your guide to Saturday at noon and see what's scheduled to air. If you are not at home, sign in to your DirecTV account online to access it from there.
Thanks.

Here in Winston-Salem I have a zero percent chance of seeing the game on CBS, but the local affiliate in the Triad usually puts the CBS national game on an alternate channel on digital cable usually reserved for local weather. No HD, but better than watching on your computer.

I have to imagine those of us in DC will suffer a similar fate.

I'm gonna be in DC this weekend. Does this mean I won't even be able to watch it at Sign of the Whale?

Atlanta's CBS affiliate lists the Syracuse game. whew

Here in Winston-Salem I have a zero percent chance of seeing the game on CBS, but the local affiliate in the Triad usually puts the CBS national game on an alternate channel on digital cable usually reserved for local weather. No HD, but better than watching on your computer.

Once in a blue moon, CBS in Charlotte will do the same thing on their 'sister' channel, I believe channel 55 locally. According to the guide, this doesn't appear to be the case for Saturday's game.

It's possible that they air the game digitally on their 3-2 channel, they did this here a couple of weeks ago when Indiana played Ohio State and won at Columbus. The problem with this is that unless you have a digital antenna and live close enough within the city limits (not in the sprawled suburds that is Charlotte) to pick up their 'over the airways' feed, you will not get it. As with digital, it's all or nothing...

I'm gonna be in DC this weekend. Does this mean I won't even be able to watch it at Sign of the Whale?

Going to Sign of the Whale is your first problem. Ever since it was bought by McFadden's (a.k.a. the worst bar to ever exist in this physical universe) it's become terrible.

Going to Sign of the Whale is your first problem. Ever since it was bought by McFadden's (a.k.a. the worst bar to ever exist in this physical universe) it's become terrible.

What's the better option? I've only been to DC twice ever.

What's the better option? I've only been to DC twice ever.

Ventnor in Adams Morgan, or pretty much anywhere else that has a television.

It was me and my friends that actually started the SU gamewatching at Sign (it started around football). It's gotten to be so awful that we gave up on it about 2 years ago.

I'm sure the game will still be on at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille which is the local alumni/CNY meet up spot for the Charlotte area.

I'm sure the game will still be on at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille which is the local alumni/CNY meet up spot for the Charlotte area.

Nope...unless WBTV decides to run it on their subsequent tier 3-2 digital channel as I mentioned...and the said establishment has a digital antenna.

Yep, hate the feed too. Indeed, Columbia with have it on as it will be in Greenville, SC. Greenville is a much nicer city, Columbia is a friggin armpit.
Yes, Columbia is an armpit, says the guy who is currently driving from Charlotte to Columbia for afternoon meetings.

Dude that sucks that we are getting screwed this weekend.

Nope...unless WBTV decides to run it on their subsequent tier 3-2 digital channel as I mentioned...and the said establishment has a digital antenna.

I went to Dilworth Neighborhood Grille and it was indeed shown. They projected it on the big screen in the bar area. I'm guessing it was some kind of stream since it wasn't always the smoothest presentation (and more telling: no commercials), but still a good to very good picture. Some alums must have assumed they wouldn't be able to show it though, since it was a much smaller than usual turnout for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom