Su football and Doug Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Su football and Doug Marrone

edavis44

Walk On
I have been going to SU football with my father and now friends since the days of Archibold when Floyd Little outplayed Gale Sayers of Kansas. Over the years Su has transitioned from a football school to a basketball school. Anyone who does not see that is fooling themselves.

The fanbase for both programs is comprised of mostly non SU graduates besides the students and therefore is very hard to hold without a winner and a schedule which includes foes who draw their own fans.(Notre Dame, Penn State and Bc in football) We also drew many more fans in basketball when we played the traditional rivals home and home in basketball.

I believe Doug Marrone was a great hire for the program and people who think he will fail at the professional level are wrong and do not realize what a great coach we had for game day. I also in meeting him at golf outings and such found him to be very withdrawn and really not interested in selling the program to the fan base.

I think it was time for him to go. Thank you Doug for all you have done to help our program.

I think Scott Shafer is a tremendous hire and I am sure Doug had input into his hire so everyone should calm down. He will do so much for the public relations side of being a coach, which Doug could never grasp. Anyone who has met him knows what an engaging person he is. He reminds me so much of Coach Mac. SU football is on its way back thanks to Doug and will continue with Scott.
GO SU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom