SU-GT Have Signed A 4-Year Home & Home | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU-GT Have Signed A 4-Year Home & Home

If I were making the decision? No. We gain nothing by playing them in Hartford, or Storrz. St. John's gives us NYC, and we've been playing them for a lot longer than UConn. Did we have a good stretch with UConn? No doubt. Do they now bring anything to the table other than recent history? Not in my opinion.
If we can get them at home or a cool neutral site (Barclays, somewhere in Philly, etc.) I'd like to see UCONN on the schedule, but yeah, no real reason to go to them.

If we can get them at home or a cool neutral site (Barclays, somewhere in Philly, etc.) I'd like to see UCONN on the schedule, but yeah, no real reason to go to them.
If we could schedule them in years when we don't have Nova/GTown/St. John's (although I don't see many years like that in the near future), I would be willing to offer them a 2-for-1 deal (2 in the Dome, 1 in Hartford or MSG). No reason to play in Storz, though.

Nice. We got past this league transition with Gtown in basketball, why can't we do the same with WV and Rutgers in football? DRbartle?

I think you'll see more things in Football but they need time. I can't imagine WVU and "WVU-Type" of games are off the table. I think if you polled the audience here 95% would want WVU back. What division of Pop-Warner is Rutgirls in? ACC-BIG12 is MUCH more appealing.

This is the MUST have game...and as much as I hate missing the opportunity to pound G-town for two seasons...it was a great accomplishment to get those #$&^!'s to drop the ticket restrictions.

One thing we could try down the road that would be a big NYC draw is an "Old School Showdown."
Christmas week...the Orange, Pitt, G-town and UConn come into the Garden or Barclay's.
The Orange play G-town...Pitt plays UConn.
Ideally, SU & Pitt would swap opponents in another game...but let's not push it.
A simple doubleheader would sell out and create big media buzz.

That actually sounds pretty cool, and my wife would love the fact that I would be down to spend every Christmas in NYC with her fam.

I think you'll see more things in Football but they need time. I can't imagine WVU and "WVU-Type" of games are off the table. I think if you polled the audience here 95% would want WVU back. What division of Pop-Warner is Rutgirls in? ACC-BIG12 is MUCH more appealing.
Pop Warner coached at Temple and Pitt. It seems like there is a lot of contempt , loathing , condescension and downright dislike for Rutgers on every SU site I read. It seems like a shame to let that go to waste. And Rutgers does hold a 2 game win streak over our heads.

In 2015 we'll have Georgetown on the road, Villanova in MSG, a game in the BiG/ACC Challenge, and we're playing in the "Battle for Atlantis".

Let's not get carried away here.
Yeah, let's not try to schedule like a power program or anything.

I simply cannot stand the Hoyas and loved the fact our last meeting ever was us winning in the BET. Color me skeptical that playing them OCC will ever come close to matching the intensity of playing them in league. It will pale in comparison and it just won't be the same. I would have preferred to simply not play them again and remember the rivalry for what it was.

Pop Warner coached at Temple and Pitt. It seems like there is a lot of contempt , loathing , condescension and downright dislike for Rutgers on every SU site I read. It seems like a shame to let that go to waste. And Rutgers does hold a 2 game win streak over our heads.
They were at their best, when we were at our worst- a period of what, 7 years? That does not equal a rivalry. In that time they won NO BE Championships, so it wasn't like they dominated the league & we were chasing them. Rutgers was literally a flash-in-the-pan program that achieved mediocre status after 200 years of playing the sport. They were 5-5 vs us in the 2000's, and 2-1 in the 2010's. Overall we lead that series 12-30-1.
The only rivalry that exists with Rutgers is in the minds of some message board yahoos who during a time of massive insecurity about our own program, focused their attention onto an improving Rutgers team.
They are not our rivals, never have been. Its more a reflection of some of our fans that we'd give THEM the privilege of calling them our rivals. They never earned it, didn't deserve it, and some of our fans should be ashamed to want to give it to them so easily.
JMHO

Last edited:
They were at their best, when we were at our worst- a period of what, 7 years? That does not equal a rivalry. In that time they won NO BE Championships, so it wasn't like they dominated the league & we were chasing them. Rutgers was literally a flash-in-the-pan program that achieved mediocre status after 200 years of playing the sport. They were 5-5 vs us in the 2000's, and 2-1 in the 2010's. Overall we lead that series 12-30-1.
The only rivalry that exists with Rutgers is in the minds of some message board yahoos who during a time of massive insecurity about our own program, focused their attention onto an improving Rutgers team.
They are not our rivals, never have been. Its more a reflection of some of our fans that we'd give THEM the privilege of calling them our rivals. They never earned it, didn't deserve it, and some of our fans should be ashamed to want to give it to them so easily.
JMHO
Those are strong feelings for team you purportedly could care less about.

Chris McManus‏@ChrisESPNCNY5 mins
Daryl Gross says no mandatory donations or 3 game packages if SU fans want to go to the Verizon Center. It was a sticking point in the deal.
SUAD sought, and supposedly obtained, assurances on the Verizon ticket problem. But you wouldn't know it from the GT administration statement in BrentAxe's PS article Friday (which implies, per link below, that GT is releasing only a "standard ... allotment"). I'm assuming that the new "allotment" is more than the old BE conference standard -- which was only a couple hundred ducats for staff and players' families. We would need ten or twenty times that number in order to restore our fan presence in DC. I'm cautiously hopeful this will improve, not because GT has suddenly decided to be sportsmanlike, but because it needs the dough -- last couple games it couldn't sell more than 11-12k to Hoya insiders and was rumored to have given tickets away to the homeless. Are they for real?

Link to Axe Article: http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde...handle_ticketing_for_new_series_with_ora.html

Business as Usual from GT:

“As is standard in agreements such as these, the visiting team will receive an allotment of tickets and the home team will control the sale and distribution of all remaining tickets,” a Georgetown spokesman said via e-mail. “The visiting team and home team are free to sell/distribute their ticket allotments as they choose. Georgetown Athletics plans to continue its practice of providing priority access for tickets to those who buy multi-game plans or who support Georgetown Athletics.”

Last edited:
Those are strong feelings for team you purportedly could care less about.
Oh, puhleeze.:rolleyes:
"Strong feelings" one way or another does not equal a rivalry.
I have "strong feelings" about sexing Halle Berry...but she won't give me the time of day. What, just because one has "strong feelings" does that require the other party to reciprocate- or it should mean something more?
Rutgers is not our rival. Don't let your insecurity at a low point in our program's history, be a misguided attempt to latch onto the shiny new object. Much like Halle in relation to me, we're much better than that...or should be.Oh Lord

Uh, I know this is difficult for some of you, but, in the ACC, GT is Georgia Tech, not Georgetown. Think differential calculus, not international relations.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom