SU/GTown | Syracusefan.com

SU/GTown

Rocco

Watching you.
I really hope once all of this settles, that we still sign a long-term deal with GTown to play each other every year. That is something that is really unfortunate about all of this ACC news. One of the greatest rivalries in the history of college bball.

Oh yeah, we're headed to the ACC and Georgetown still sucks. Go pound salt. :)

We can only hope Boeheim uses his clout to make an annual G-town game.
St. John's as well, since it will get the Orange into the Garden at least every other year.
In the interview with Andy Katz Boeheim suggested both those games were likely as means of
keeping SU hoops tradition alive.

For me they're necessary elements to making the ACC move palatable.
Without the G-town game...why go on?
Unrequited hate is a horrible fate.

Because they don't allow SU fans to buy tickets to their games without extorting a donation to their cause. It's 11:08...

F' G Town

Because they don't allow SU fans to buy tickets to their games without extorting a donation to their cause. It's 11:08...

F' G Town
I fell for that, but went with 18 people. Ended up being 40% orange. Oh yeah, one more thing...

georgetown still sucks, and will suck forever.

Sent from my Droid Fascinate using Tapatalk.

They will still suck, but it won't be the same

TGD mentioned yesterday on the radio that G'Town has already reached out.

We can only hope Boeheim uses his clout to make an annual G-town game.
St. John's as well, since it will get the Orange into the Garden at least every other year.
In the interview with Andy Katz Boeheim suggested both those games were likely as means of
keeping SU hoops tradition alive.

For me they're necessary elements to making the ACC move palatable.
Without the G-town game...why go on?
Unrequited hate is a horrible fate.
I would guess that there will be some deal that allows SU and Pitt to leave well before the 27 months are up. Neither side wants to drag out what will be an ugly situation. (Of course, if the BE totally implodes, or just does a mini-merger with the remnants of the B12, everyone may just walk away at the end of the academic [?] year).

But, if there are negotiations on the split, a concession the BB-onlys may want would be several (lucrative) visits by the basketball Orange to their arenas. Apparently, such deals were done in football after the ACC raid in '03.

But, if there are negotiations on the split, a concession the BB-onlys may want would be several (lucrative) visits by the basketball Orange to their arenas. Apparently, such deals were done in football after the ACC raid in '03.

That'd be a cool bonus for us. I don't think too many SU fans in the Northeast mind going to Newark for a Seton Hall game. Less attractive, of course, if they hold us to a future DePaul trip or something like that. By and large, though, I'd be thrilled if we continue to visit some of the Big East teams, if only the original 7 or 8.

The nightly news here in Rochester reported last night that SU and GTown have already began talks to schedule games

In the stupid-huge Big East, we were getting to the point when we might only play Gtown once a year as it is ... scheduling them as a non-conference game is practically no different than the way the old debacle was shaping up. Same goes for St Johns, Nova, etc..

Maybe we can use this as impetus to remove donations to the G' Town sucks fund.

I think we should form a SuperPac called the "G'Town Sucks Fund"

We could donate the proceeds to George Mason or G' Dub. Wouldn't that burn some Hoya bottoms. Not only did their contorted scheme fail, but now they're not even the best basketball school in the district :rolleyes:

Let's wait a few years before we add them back to the schedule. Give them time to go the way of the dodo and then just beat the snot out of them every year like Colgate.

I'm fine with this being a rivalry in memory only.

Let's wait a few years before we add them back to the schedule. Give them time to go the way of the dodo and then just beat the snot out of them every year like Colgate.

I'm fine with this being a rivalry in memory only.

Georgetown as a major college basketball program is officially closed.

I definitely hope SU continues to face some of the old members in non-con play. It could perhaps be something comparable to Philly's big 5 where Cuse faces at a minimum Gtown, John's and Nova every year, and one if not both of Providence and Seton Hall; just keep it amongst original league members. It sounds like a lot of games but it's not a stretch, knock out some of the cupcakes (and 2-3 of these teams per year won't be tournament caliber anyway) and play a mere two non-con true road games, something most major programs have no problem doing on a yearly basis.

Georgetown as a major college basketball program is officially closed.

Yes. I don't care about GTown. They have been pretty much irrelevant the last decade. It's UConn I hope we continue THE rivalry with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom