SU Hotel | Syracusefan.com

SU Hotel

NHcuse

Walk On
Now that the bb schedule has been announced I'm looking for a hotel for the unc game. Saddened that the Sheraton closed but I understand. I've heard good things about Hotel Syracuse...is there a new go to SU GameDay Hotel? Thx for your help!

We had a good experience at the Parkview when we came up for the Stanford game. 15 minute walk to the Dome.

You'll be hearing about a new hotel and conference center near campus soon.
Cool. Some hotel chain is going to make a whole lot of money here.

Let's see which one saw the opportunity and took it.

Guessing it is Sheraton given their knowledge of the market but let's see what happens.

Also interested in the location.

I am guessing the 1200 block of East Genesee and/or 411 and 413 University are the most likely locations.

Thoughts from our local real estate mavens?

Guessing it is Sheraton given their knowledge of the market but let's see what happens.

I am guessing the 1200 block of East Genesee and/or 411 and 413 University are the most likely locations.

It will be interesting if it is a conference center. They need rooms more than meeting space and Sheraton is Marriott which makes sense as does Hilton or IHG as the only other 2 players. Independent flag would be interesting.

Genesee grand was always great and easy to walk to Dome. It’s now Called the Collegian Hotel. Thats always where espn crew would hang too after.

Yep they made some renovations a few years ago which made it nicer

this VRBO is close to campus and has vacancies

OIP.sFnrpC6HCslz6pVi8coXNAAAAA.jpeg

Not sure of the exact location but it will be near campus. I'm also told it will be University owned and may not have a national brand/operator like the Sheraton did even though the university owned it.

Yep they made some renovations a few years ago which made it nicer
I can only imagine what a dump it was before. They definitely improved the lobby and the restaurant. But the rooms are horrendous and they have the worst beds/mattresses of any hotel I've stayed in.

I prefer to go farther away now than stay there for games. Though I do like the Hotel Skylar -- it's walkable and a hilton property. Old converted synagogue. kind of quirky and it's small...but the rooms are all nice and it's way better than the collegian.

I can only imagine what a dump it was before. They definitely improved the lobby and the restaurant. But the rooms are horrendous and they have the worst beds/mattresses of any hotel I've stayed in.

I prefer to go farther away now than stay there for games. Though I do like the Hotel Skylar -- it's walkable and a hilton property. Old converted synagogue. kind of quirky and it's small...but the rooms are all nice and it's way better than the collegian.

Yeah rooms weren't great since I last stayed there but it was five years ago. Would imagine with the Sheraton gone it'll get more occupancy

Haven't stayed at the Skylar yet but will give it a try next time I'm on campus

Yeah rooms weren't great since I last stayed there but it was five years ago. Would imagine with the Sheraton gone it'll get more occupancy

Haven't stayed at the Skylar yet but will give it a try next time I'm on campus
They haven't gotten better since -- was there last year for a basketball game. Def. check out the Skylar.

Another hotel will be a great addition and very necessary.