SU introduces new Dome menu (with canned beer) and fast checkout | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU introduces new Dome menu (with canned beer) and fast checkout

Surprised there’s not one Ommegang offering. A 3 philosophers or abbey ale would make walking up and down from the seats…… interesting

I agree. Why not have Dino BBQ? Maybe even a “chicken riggie” type sandwich, speedies, salt potatoes? I understand there’s a price point to be made but would be a nice touch
At what they're charging, they could offer whatever. Pulled pork or a couple hoffman's and salt potatos would be perfect. Stadium food pricing has crazy profit margin.

Really, I was just thinking about promoting regional/local stuff. In the south they're all about promoting southern stuff. They would never consider using something from outside the region and local stuff is used even if it's inferior. It's just how they roll. CNY could benefit from a little more of that.
I will never forget getting boiled peanuts at a Florida State - Florida game. The person who sold them was a local peanut farmer and the texture of the peanuts was akin to warm dog poo. Worst purchase ever. Coca-Cola with regular peanuts in it, however, mwah. Absolutely delicious.

I will never forget getting boiled peanuts at a Florida State - Florida game. The person who sold them was a local peanut farmer and the texture of the peanuts was akin to warm dog poo. Worst purchase ever. Coca-Cola with regular peanuts in it, however, mwah. Absolutely delicious.
Never had either one. My wife, a southerner, says boiled peanuts are the worst thing ever. I'll trust the0 both of you. Despite what Barbara Mandrel says, I just can't imagine putting peanuts in my coke... if I drank coke.

At least on the upper concourse, there were 2 or 3 beer stands on the inner side of the concourse that had a larger selection of craft beer cans. I went with Fiddlehead, but I think I remember seeing some Ommegang and others.

They love their boiled peanuts here in southwest Georgia.

My brother's lifelong dream of having a can of Budweiser in the dome was almost realized until they decided to not have it available for the 2nd game. So now not only do they not have his beer, they no longer carry mine either, Brooklyn Lager. Sam Adam's Lager is a really poor substitute, IMO.

I do love a good IPA, they hit me like a ton of bricks though so I like to mix in a decent lager.

My brother's lifelong dream of having a can of Budweiser in the dome was almost realized until they decided to not have it available for the 2nd game. So now not only do they not have his beer, they no longer carry mine either, Brooklyn Lager. Sam Adam's Lager is a really poor substitute, IMO.

I do love a good IPA, they hit me like a ton of bricks though so I like to mix in a decent lager.
unless I was in a drunken haze first game you could get a beer into the third quarter, last game shut down at halftime. It was the only time I'd not had a beer on gameday and was looking forward to it when finally ready, no such luck, so fyi gang going forward they shut it down at and into halftime.

And so since I was in a timeout from tailgating due to potential Covid exposure (negative thankfully 4x over now), anyway got a chance to go to the dome early, hit the quad (band on Hendricks chapel was awesome as were the quad festivities), walked around the entirety of the now new and improved dome (also awesome, more so I think we're gonna say after this weeks night game), anyway, the result of not tailgating it was only the time I've eaten in the dome in probably 15+ years since we've been doing the fine mess. Hit it early pregame and later.

Sooooo first hand, the cheeseburger was solid, a notch or two below five guys, etc., the fries were very good erroring on the the crispy side, and finally the chicken tenders were good to very good as well as long as you enjoy them with some of the bbq and honey mustard sauce sides they had there. Not Tullys good by any stretch but it was all WAY better than I thought I'd ever find at the dome. Beer cans look to be a solid big hit as well.

Carrier Dome (are we still calling it that?), you've come a long way baby...

unless I was in a drunken haze first game you could get a beer into the third quarter, last game shut down at halftime. It was the only time I'd not had a beer on gameday and was looking forward to it when finally ready, no such luck, so fyi gang going forward they shut it down at and into halftime.

And so since I was in a timeout from tailgating due to potential Covid exposure (negative thankfully 4x over now), anyway got a chance to go to the dome early, hit the quad (band on Hendricks chapel was awesome as were the quad festivities), walked around the entirety of the now new and improved dome (also awesome, more so I think we're gonna say after this weeks night game), anyway, the result of not tailgating it was only the time I've eaten in the dome in probably 15+ years since we've been doing the fine mess. Hit it early pregame and later.

Sooooo first hand, the cheeseburger was solid, a notch or two below five guys, etc., the fries were very good erroring on the the crispy side, and finally the chicken tenders were good to very good as well as long as you enjoy them with some of the bbq and honey mustard sauce sides they had there. Not Tullys good by any stretch but it was all WAY better than I thought I'd ever find at the dome. Beer cans look to be a solid big hit as well.

Carrier Dome (are we still calling it that?), you've come a long way baby...

I think you were either in a drunken haze or you sweet talked some staffer into giving you a 3rd quarter beer. Wouldn't surprise me, I once saw you talk a Notre Dame usher into letting you back in the building.

The end of halftime shutdown of beer sales has been going on for awhile, but occasionally you can find the right person and squeeze in one more. Or use the Club 44 loophole.

I attended the 2019 Wake Forest game with my son, and we were driving back to Virginia right after. Yada yada yada, only time I can remember being there without having a beer, and I had a blast. I'm hoping that means that I'm not an alcoholic, just a drunk. I can live with that.

I think you were either in a drunken haze or you sweet talked some staffer into giving you a 3rd quarter beer. Wouldn't surprise me, I once saw you talk a Notre Dame usher into letting you back in the building.

The end of halftime shutdown of beer sales has been going on for awhile, but occasionally you can find the right person and squeeze in one more. Or use the Club 44 loophole.

I attended the 2019 Wake Forest game with my son, and we were driving back to Virginia right after. Yada yada yada, only time I can remember being there without having a beer, and I had a blast. I'm hoping that means that I'm not an alcoholic, just a drunk. I can live with that.
Dude just classic post, classic, lol totally relate.

And ahh the ND experience, no doubt had my salesman hat on that day…… still can’t believe he bought it. Got a picture of that somewhere that my friend had the presence of mind to take at the time. Got to see if I can find it speaking of classics…

Nope. He’s not lying. I bought a beer halfway through the 3rd quarter of the Rutgers game. I was very surprised.

Hmm you guys must have found rogue beer vendors, because beer sales stopped at halftime of the Rutgers game everywhere near my section.

They may sell beer into the 4th quarter at Panther games. Or maybe not.

Screenshot_20210920-170458~2.png

New This Year ...

Chicken Sandwich ($9): This is a breaded hunk of white meat is drizzled with a chipotle ranch sauce served on a soft roll with fresh lettuce a few slices of tomato.

The sauce makes this sandwich taste better than the chickens that have passed through the Dome in past years. It tastes like something you’d get from Chick-fil-A or Popeyes.

New Dome food

Chicken Tenders with Fries ($13): These tenders are like something you’d make at home with real boneless chicken cutlets. You get three tenders that fill up half of the cardboard to-go box; fries occupy the other half.

The French fries are new this year. SU migrated to the coated fries that come out crispy, not soggy.

You get your choice of dipping sauces for the chicken: Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or Ken’s honey mustard.

New Dome food

Loud House Cheeseburger with Fries ($13.50): This is so much better than the foil-wrapped hockey pucks from years ago. This is a ⅓-pound of black angus beef with romaine lettuce, a few rings of purple onion, two slices of beefsteak tomatoes and a slice of white American cheese.

What makes this burger better is the grilled bun. You actually get a tiny crunch as you bit into the sandwich. Your mouth will think you’re in a restaurant, not in a stadium.

You can get the burger without the fries for $9. But that’s no fun.

New Dome food

Beer Me! (Various prices): The beer coolers are the biggest change for us beer guzzlers. While you can still buy foamy cups from Dome taps, it’s clear SU is inching toward canned beer.

The debate between canned beer and draft has been going for decades. One might argue that cans keep the flavor stable longer because it’s sealed so tightly and no light can get in. The other side will say draft beer is more fresh because the kegs are changed so frequently. Market data show draft beer and soda sales have plummeted in recent years.

Still, you have plenty of choices at the Dome, and they each have their own price-point. Here’s a breakdown of canned drinks for those over 21 years old:

16-ounce beers ($9): Bud Light, Budweiser, Labatt Blue, Labatt Blue Light, Michelob Ultra, Coors Light

16-ounce beers ($10): Sam Adams Boston Lager, Fiddlehead IPA, Bell’s Two-Hearted IPA, Ithaca Flower Power IPA, Thin Man Minkey Boodle Sour, 1911 Original Cider

12-ounce canned cocktails ($12): Southern Tier Vodka Madras or Lime Margarita, 1911 Honeycrisp Cocktail, 1911 Gin & Tonic

12-ounce hard seltzers ($10): Truly Wild Berry, White Claw Black Cherry, High Noon Peach Vodka & Soda

Wine ($9): Copa di Vino Chardonnay, Copa di Vino Pino Grigio, Barefoot Spritzer
SU will be able to pay for the next round of renovations with all of those can returns. Especially if they drive to Michigan to return them.