SU introduces new Dome menu (with canned beer) and fast checkout | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU introduces new Dome menu (with canned beer) and fast checkout

Hmm you guys must have found rogue beer vendors, because beer sales stopped at halftime of the Rutgers game everywhere near my section.
Ya, I bought a couple in the 3rd quarter of the Rutgers game, they sold right up to the start of the 4th behind section 321

Ya, I bought a couple in the 3rd quarter of the Rutgers game, they sold right up to the start of the 4th behind section 321
Yup. That’s exactly where I was. 321

I think you were either in a drunken haze or you sweet talked some staffer into giving you a 3rd quarter beer. Wouldn't surprise me, I once saw you talk a Notre Dame usher into letting you back in the building.

The end of halftime shutdown of beer sales has been going on for awhile, but occasionally you can find the right person and squeeze in one more. Or use the Club 44 loophole.

I attended the 2019 Wake Forest game with my son, and we were driving back to Virginia right after. Yada yada yada, only time I can remember being there without having a beer, and I had a blast. I'm hoping that means that I'm not an alcoholic, just a drunk. I can live with that.
The test to determine if you are a drunk or alcoholic is whether or not you attend meetings.

Me too.

I think you were either in a drunken haze or you sweet talked some staffer into giving you a 3rd quarter beer. Wouldn't surprise me, I once saw you talk a Notre Dame usher into letting you back in the building.

The end of halftime shutdown of beer sales has been going on for awhile, but occasionally you can find the right person and squeeze in one more. Or use the Club 44 loophole.

I attended the 2019 Wake Forest game with my son, and we were driving back to Virginia right after. Yada yada yada, only time I can remember being there without having a beer, and I had a blast. I'm hoping that means that I'm not an alcoholic, just a drunk. I can live with that.
Finally found them, on the top is Capt. Hook at my request leading me to head man Capt. Blye (visible in the backround there), somehow the good Capt. after gazing through and into my soul (and after hearing my line of BS while taking my bottle of Jack, the bastid!), deemed me worthy to stay.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally found them, on the top is Capt. Hook at my request leading me to head man Capt. Blye, somehow the good Capt. after gazing through and into my soul (and after hearing my line of BS while taking my bottle of Jack, the bastid!), deemed me worthy to stay.
View attachment 206607View attachment 206608

That was so funny, I promptly threw out my bottle as I saw this!

That was so funny, I promptly threw out my bottle as I saw this!

It was tough in there that day, we were so unprepared from the the night before being an absolute blow out in Chicago we came with nothing. I believe that was the morning I was already 2-3 screwdrivers in and couldn't help but asking the good doctor about his questionable luggage choices at the team hotel

prior to kick off we quickly decided that a bus full of beer was the best tailgate that we were going to find that day..

It was tough in there that day, we were so unprepared from the the night before being an absolute blow out in Chicago we came with nothing. I believe that was the morning I was already 2-3 screwdrivers in and couldn't help but asking the good doctor about his questionable luggage choices at the team hotel

prior to kick off we quickly decided that a bus full of beer was the best tailgate that we were going to find that day..

There were more legends on that bus than on that field (for us). The whole thing was worth it for you lighting up Gross and his luggage.

Finally found them, on the top is Capt. Hook at my request leading me to head man Capt. Blye, somehow the good Capt. after gazing through and into my soul (and after hearing my line of BS while taking my bottle of Jack, the bastid!), deemed me worthy to stay.

I told you that the captain of the Titanic takes his job very seriously!

But then that re-entry. Bawh Gawd that's Cuseregular's music!

I believe that was the morning I was already 2-3 screwdrivers in and couldn't help but asking the good doctor about his questionable luggage choices at the team hotel

Another absolute classic. And his response that USC stood for University of Syracuse... all the shaking heads and hand slaps to the foreheads.

There were more legends on that bus than on that field (for us). The whole thing was worth it for you lighting up Gross and his luggage.
Another absolute classic. And his response that USC stood for University of Syracuse... all the shaking heads and hand slaps to the foreheads.

I remember just shaking my head with his response. And requesting that he find some Syracuse luggage sooner rather than later. The bus rides were the highlight of the day

Ahhh reminds me of when my Dad and I would go to games back in the 80s. He would always smuggle in a little flask to mix with a coke.

Ahhh reminds me of when my Dad and I would go to games back in the 80s. He would always smuggle in a little flask to mix with a coke.
Your dad, my Orange friend, is my kind of guy. If he is still with us spend as much time as you can with him, if not, God rest his Orange soul!

Your dad, my Orange friend, is my kind of guy. If he is still with us spend as much time as you can with him, if not, God rest his Orange soul!

Ive actually found it’s exponentially easier to get stuff in with the clear bags….just wrap whatever you want in a sweater, shirt whatever in the clear bag and walk in. They just take a quick look at the bag to make sure nothing obvious and in you go

Agree 100% I just don't get the craze for IPAs. It seems like 2/3rd of your beer choices are IPAs. Way too bitter for me but to each their own.
They aren’t all bitter. Most New England style IPAs aren’t bitter at all.

Ive actually found it’s exponentially easier to get stuff in with the clear bags….just wrap whatever you want in a sweater, shirt whatever in the clear bag and walk in. They just take a quick look at the bag to make sure nothing obvious and in you go
Very nice idea, I’ve snuck stuff in my hat, my socks, my sleeves, my belt buckle is my most recent go to…. But this clear bag idea is brilliant!

He is cheering (or most likely shaking his head) from heaven now. I have a lot of fond memories of going to SU basketball and football games with him. He refused to pay for parking so I remember parking somewhere at the base of the hill and walking up to the Dome. For those Jan-Feb basketball games, we would be half frozen by the time we got inside. I got hot chocolate (I was a kid still) to warm up, my Dad had the flask.