SU is screwed Pinstripe or Bust now McMurphy's latest tweet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU is screwed Pinstripe or Bust now McMurphy's latest tweet

Let's be honest your'e being negative as usual. Do you think Rutgers or Cincy will bring more fans? The answer is no so stop with that argument.

How am I being negative, do you think 10,000 locals are goign to fly down to Birmingham on January 5th for the "Compass Bowl"? Jesus take the SU colored glasses off for a minute.

I thought we were a lock for Orlando if we beat Temple. What happened?

We were never a lock for Tampa. People wished we were a lock which isnt the same. People need to pay attention and stop wishing for pipe dreams.

Is the Pinstripe obligated to invite and 5-2 team over a 3-4 team? Can they even select Pitt before one of the top 4? Seems like most the bowls have a one win rule ... is this not the case for the Pinstripe?

I blame the BE office, they are so bitter to SU they will do every little tweak they can to us. The refs have been aholes to us this year, the office is bitter we basically destroyed the conference. Cincy to Belk is all about the BE telling them to take them over us. I hope we never play Providence College in basketball again.

Cinci has a good team, I wouldn't say there is any conspiracy there.

The people who made the mistake were the ones in Orlando, they just signed up for a 9-6 disaster.

Cinci has a good team, I wouldn't say there is any conspiracy there.

The people who made the mistake were the ones in Orlando, they just signed up for a 9-6 disaster.

Agree with that, no idea who thought Va Tech vs RU ws a good game, jesus I wouldnt watch that if you paid me.

Lot of overreaction going on here about each and every "expert's" tweet. One of them will be right, though, and everybody will forget about all the wrong ones. God, I love the net. Seriously, my blood pressure has gone up and down so much in the last 24 hours I'm going to take a big chill pill (re: Appleton Estates on the rocks) and let it play out . . . and I haven't reserved plane tix to Birmingham and don't plan to . . . until things change in 5 minutes.

Lot of overreaction going on here about each and every "expert's" tweet. One of them will be right, though, and everybody will forget about all the wrong ones. God, I love the net. Seriously, my blood pressure has gone up and down so much in the last 24 hours I'm going to take a big chill pill (re: Appleton Estates on the rocks) and let it play out . . . and I haven't reserved plane tix to Birmingham and don't plan to . . . until things change in 5 minutes.

At the end of the day, they will be playing someone somewhere, and with the two bowls left it will be an interesting opponent. Ole Miss is a great story this year. And unless it's Iowa St. any of the likely teams for the Pinstripe would be great.

What we need now is an invite to the big12 for Cinny,

L'ville, Cinny, Butgers, The Cuse and Pitt all waving Bye Bye now!

Is the Pinstripe obligated to invite and 5-2 team over a 3-4 team? Can they even select Pitt before one of the top 4? Seems like most the bowls have a one win rule ... is this not the case for the Pinstripe?
that's an interesting point but i think it's by overall record, not conference record.

At the end of the day, they will be playing someone somewhere, and with the two bowls left it will be an interesting opponent. Ole Miss is a great story this year. And unless it's Iowa St. any of the likely teams for the Pinstripe would be great.

True, a month ago we would have signed up for any bowl.

I guess this is any bowl.

Time to go 2-0 vs. the SEC.

The wildcard games are later in the day. Not a tv conflict

Actually there is another Bowl that day...just not a college bowl.
1/5/13 is the Army All American Bowl.

I might also be there ... I'm only about 3.5 hours away. If I can get the time to go I'll be there.
You must drive really slow. It's 3 hours for me and I'm more than 30 minutes east of you.

I'd rather see us play another SEC team than whatever the matchups would be in the belk or pinstripe.

I like the Pinstripe better location wise for obvious reasons - close enough for fanbase to travel to, in an area of recruiting importance for us, and Birmingham is basically a home game for the SEC team. The Compass I think would be the bigger test of the team though.

LOL ... agreed Dave. Things do change ... I just think out of all the experts, rumors and twitterheads, seems like McMurphy is the best at getting inside info out there.

There will be 12 fans there (3 for Cuse) and another 813 watching on TV. Can't properly express my excitement (not without being banned anyway.)

I am not pissed about the actual bowl. I would be pissed about the date seeing its wild card NFL weekend.

I mean lets be serious. Belk vs Duke or Compass vs. Ole Miss?

No brainer Compass.
That's it in a chestnut shell roasting by an open fire.

The Compass is made for Syracuse. A noon start. Must have been why they picked us.