SU is screwed Pinstripe or Bust now McMurphy's latest tweet | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU is screwed Pinstripe or Bust now McMurphy's latest tweet

Rutgers confirmed for Russell. This sucks

Not surprising. All along I thought we would be either Belk or Pinstripe. Never thought we'd fall to Compass. But it'll have to do.

Some good news my buddy from WVU told me he think the Holiday Bowl will take WVU over Texas Tech or Baylor because of Geno Smith and the fact Eers fans will travel as likely as Tech fans. Our fate is tied to the Holiday Bowl taking WVU.

Its a sham when bowls don't take the best team. I won't go to the compass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There will be 12 fans there (3 for Cuse) and another 813 watching on TV. Can't properly express my excitement (not without being banned anyway.)

I'm confused by this post????

Its a sham when bowls don't take the best team. I won't go to the compass.

If we were the best team we would be in the BCS. Tired of this argument. We didnt get it done. Did people really expect bowl to look at the "potential" of our team based on the last 6 weeks?

WVU to Holiday sounds like fan wishful thinking. Pinstripe is below them.

WVU to Holiday sounds like fan wishful thinking. Pinstripe is below them.
Holiday is taking UCLA most likely from the Pac-12 the Big XII choices are Baylor, Texas Tech, or West Virginia. The only choice is between Tech or WVU. The Geno Smith factor hopefully makes the difference.

If we were the best team we would be in the BCS. Tired of this argument. We didnt get it done. Did people really expect bowl to look at the "potential" of our team based on the last 6 weeks?

Bowls don't have to go by record except the 1 game conference differential. Who do you take over SU in a game tomorrow? Exactly.

I'm disappointed, as many are, how this seems to be unfolding. However, I would rather play the Iraki Bowl than play Duke ANYWHERE. I don't care the bowl... there's nothing to win with that kind of match-up. You really suck if you don't beat them and if you do, people are unimpressed. That being said, if Duke is representing Belk, send us ANYWHERE but there. Just one man's opinion...

Bowls don't have to go by record except the 1 game conference differential. Who do you take over SU in a game tomorrow? Exactly.

Alabama :)

Tomorrow doesnt mean anything Bees. We had our chances and we didnt get it done. You cant argue that. We didnt get it done vs. NWestern. We didnt get it done against Minny or Rutgers or Cincy. We are a 7-5 team not a 9-3 team.

Orange Fizz@OrangeFizz
Rutgers to Russell Athletic. ESPN says Cincy to Belk official. Means Pinstripe takes SU over Pitt right? Gotta be going back to Bronx. -DA

Bowls don't have to go by 1 game conference differential or Pitt wouldn't have a chance at jumping us. Pitt 3-4 losses to SU, UL, Cincy, UConn wins against USF, RU, Temple and SU is 5-2.

Bees, you realize this isn't an applicable hypothetical anymore. Russell picked RU. You have your answer.

RU beat us head to head. Doesn't matter who wins tomorrow. The world is littered with 'would have' or 'should have'. We didn't get the job done.

Let's hope we get the Pinstripe.

[edit: see explanation below. Bees meant belk/pinstripe]

Tomorrow doesnt mean anything Bees. We had our chances and we didnt get it done. You cant argue that. We didnt get it done vs. NWestern. We didnt get it done against Minny or Rutgers or Cincy. We are a 7-5 team not a 9-3 team.
We also didt lose 3 of last 6 like rutgers including 2 in a row to end the season. we won 5 of 6 including 3 in a row. We have a MUCH better offense and should be in a better bowl game than rutgers. We also had the same conference record.

We also didt lose 3 of last 6 like rutgers including 2 in a row to end the season. we won 5 of 6 including 3 in a row. We have a MUCH better offense and should be in a better bowl game than rutgers. We also had the same conference record.
What about head to head record?

What will you say if Pitt gets picked for Pinstripe?

They have a better record and beat us. And they're going to Russell. Let it go.

Bees, you realize this isn't an applicable hypothetical anymore. Russell picked RU. You have your answer.

RU beat us head to head. Doesn't matter who wins tomorrow. The world is littered with 'would have' or 'should have'. We didn't get the job done.

Let's hope we get the Pinstripe.

That is why I made my post in conjunction with the Belk and Pinstripe rumors.

I think that the sad truth is that most of the country has no idea how good SU really is. They started out 2 and 4 so everyone thinks we stink. SU is the best teanm in the BE and should have been in the BCS. Circumstances and foolish mistakes caused that not to happen.

I think the Russel always preferred Louisville but when it came down to Rutgers, Cincy, or Cuse I am a bit shocked they did not take Syracuse due to the Virginia Tech matchup. Someone really dropped the ball there. Not saying we did or did not deserve it over anyone its simply a matter of compelling matchups and Rutgers-Virginia Tech is not a compelling matchup...at all.

The Belk was always a toss up. Nobody is going to that game no matter who is picked especially against Duke. No problem with them taking Cincy if that holds true.

Pinstripe is where it gets iffy. I thought we would be a shoe in and this has always been the game I wanted most but if you are taking West Virginia then see my above thoughts for the Russel Bowl. It has to be Pittsburgh over Syracuse.

So we are left picking up scraps and to be honest if we are fed up as a fan base and a program with our history of bowl selections then the alumni must travel to the dome...not just bowl games and start filling that place up like we do basketball. If Basketball had bowl games we would be the #1 or #2 pick in any given year because we travel for basketball and follow the sport like it is a cult. Until that transfers to football get used to Compass Bowls. The second point is that we need to finish games in season. Beat Cincy or play special teams against Rutgers and we are not only in the BCS Bowl this season but would have been in a bowl game last season.

From where we were during the first half of the season we should be happy to get in a game against an opponent like Ole Miss no matter where its played.

What will you say if Pitt gets picked for Pinstripe?

Nothing. It doesnt matter after the BCS game as far as I am concerned. Bowls are not like they were 25 years ago when the lower level bowls actually mattered. They dont matter today. You are smart enough to know this. I understand you are upset because you want to attend the game and I am cool with that argument. I cant go to a bowl game so I could really care less and would rather see us play an SEC team in Ole Miss than WVU in the Pinstripe.

That is why I made my post in conjunction with the Belk and Pinstripe rumors.

Gotcha. I retract my post. Sorry.