SU is screwed Pinstripe or Bust now McMurphy's latest tweet | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU is screwed Pinstripe or Bust now McMurphy's latest tweet

Tomorrow doesnt mean anything Bees. We had our chances and we didnt get it done. You cant argue that. We didnt get it done vs. NWestern. We didnt get it done against Minny or Rutgers or Cincy. We are a 7-5 team not a 9-3 team.

BTW. Do some research and you will find a large number of bowls over the years where the picks were not in order of ranking nor conference standings.

Point in fact all the times we got bumped down because we don't travel. People claimed its all about tixs and fannies. Maybe you were one of them. Well I can assure you SU would have more fans at the Belk than Cincy, if that happens. In fact, twice as many.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What will you say if Pitt gets picked for Pinstripe?

By your logic of the 1 win conference rule then Pitt shouldn't be able to jump SU for the Pinstripe no matter if WVU is there or not.

By your logic of the 1 win conference rule then Pitt shouldn't be able to jump SU for the Pinstripe no matter if WVU is there or not.

That would be true and a good job thing. I forgot they weren't within 1. Is that only for certain bowls or is it not a rule.

I think that the sad truth is that most of the country has no idea how good SU really is. They started out 2 and 4 so everyone thinks we stink. SU is the best teanm in the BE and should have been in the BCS. Circumstances and foolish mistakes caused that not to happen.

SU should not be in the BCS, stop with this nonsense.

BTW. Do some research and you will find a large number of bowls over the years where the picks were not in order of ranking nor conference standings.

I am not arguing that point. I agree with you. I am saying you are hell bent on proclaiming us the best team in the BE. While in theory you are probably right in the system and how it works world we are not and you cant argue that.

I'm disappointed, as many are, how this seems to be unfolding. However, I would rather play the Iraki Bowl than play Duke ANYWHERE. I don't care the bowl... there's nothing to win with that kind of match-up. You really suck if you don't beat them and if you do, people are unimpressed. That being said, if Duke is representing Belk, send us ANYWHERE but there. Just one man's opinion...

Tend to agree, but no one is having a parade after we beat Ole Miss in the Compass, either.

The Belk would just be more attractive for fans who want to travel.

Tend to agree, but no one is having a parade after we beat Ole Miss in the Compass, either.

The Belk would just be more attractive for fans who want to travel.

At this point Utica is more attractive then the Compass. I was holding out some hope for the Belk but no way we shoudl slide past the Pinstripe.

A few things are making this difficult. The Holiday Bowl picking WVU or someone else has a lot to do with SU. What changed is the report that NIU might go to the BCS, likely taking Oklahoma's at large spot and this is delaying the Big 12 bowl slots from being set. Oklahoma dropping a spot could have a domino effect and result in a backyard brawl, and a Compass Bowl for the orange. It would be nice to know before the selection show though.

I am not arguing that point. I agree with you. I am saying you are hell bent on proclaiming us the best team in the BE. While in theory you are probably right in the system and how it works world we are not and you cant argue that.

We are the best team in the BE. I am not saying we should be in the BCS because there is a rule how to pick that and its not us.

The other bowls do not have a "rule" for selections. So they can take whomever they want. I am surprised they don't take the best team.

Sounds like NIU is #17 and therefore out of the BCS game. Is that good for us?

Sounds like NIU is #17 and therefore out of the BCS game. Is that good for us?

Yes. Might keep WVU out of pinstripe.

holiday bowl sounds like the pac 12 team will be oregon state

Other than really big college football fans does anyone even know what teams play the "Backyard Brawl?" If that is the reason for a Pinstripe Bowl selection it is a joke. WVU fans will go to the game regardless of the opponent and we would bring more fans than Pitt. I would have no problem if any of the teams tied with us were selected, but a Pitt team that we physical beat up on in a defensive struggle?! I would even be okay if the Big East pushed another team to it because we are leaving the conference, but Pitt is also leaving.

I am happy we are in a bowl, especially after our last 10 years and the beginning of this season. I will watch the game regardless and may try to go if we do end up in the Pinstripe. The ACC can't come soon enough!

I think that the sad truth is that most of the country has no idea how good SU really is. They started out 2 and 4 so everyone thinks we stink. SU is the best teanm in the BE and should have been in the BCS. Circumstances and foolish mistakes caused that not to happen.

And if my aunt was a dude she'd be my uncle

Crap payout for the Compass as well, losing $900,000 not going to Pinstripe, $800,000 by not going to Belk and $1.2 million for the Russell. Of course the Big East collects anyway, but I just hope SU makes expenses after the basketball schools get their cut.

Crap payout for the Compass as well, losing $900,000 not going to Pinstripe, $800,000 by not going to Belk and $1.2 million for the Russell. Of course the Big East collects anyway, but I just hope SU makes expenses after the basketball schools get their cut.

bowl money is shared among conference teams based on standings

bowl money is shared among conference teams based on standings
So the 4 headed monster all gets even shares? Which reminds me, how screwed up is it that an 8 team conference ends up with 4 Co-Champs?

id guess louisville probably gets a higher share as they are in the actual bcs but we should get same as rutgers/cincy

After a lousy start, I'm just glad SU is even in a bowl. Are they the best in BE? That's up for debate. Are they the best of any team they will likely face in a bowl? Sure.

They better announce soon, because we've started to turn on our own in the various bowl threads. :eek: