SU leading 5-2 at half, should be more, Army goalie 11 saves | Syracusefan.com

SU leading 5-2 at half, should be more, Army goalie 11 saves

I think if either one of us suited up in goal for Army, we'd have a good game. Army goalies always seem to stand on their heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if either one of us suited up in goal for Army, we'd have a good game. Army goalies always seem to stand on their heads.

Funny you mention that, I said the same thing in the chat room, plus Drypolcher echoed your thoughts exactly. Unreal how good they are versus SU.

Funny you mention that, I said the same thing in the chat room, plus Drypolcher echoed your thoughts exactly. Unreal how good they are versus SU.

Also chat room open, come join us.

I've had trouble getting to the chat on my iPad lately. Not sure what the problem is.

I've had trouble getting to the chat on my iPad lately. Not sure what the problem is.

A java issue maybe?

Are you able to log in and then get kicked out? Or can't get in? Send a PM to temery, he might be able to help.

That has to be the lowest scoring half for SU ever. This O is not going to produce much this year. D is going to have to carry them. So weird saying that for an SU team...

That has to be the lowest scoring half for SU ever. This O is not going to produce much this year. D is going to have to carry them. So weird saying that for an SU team...

Spot on, unless one of the young guys really steps up or Galasso has magic powers to heal its gonna be a long year offensively.

that was the SU D was hoping to see, expect a more fun and gun approach friday night... hopefully our O comes to play

O didn't look great - very confused and one dimensional. And it didn't help that the Army goalie picked today to have the best game of his career - 18 saves.

D will have to win for us this year, unless Daniello miraculously heals.

I thought the offense in the first half looked very good. Lots of shots on the doorstep that either missed or were saved. The goalie made some great saves. Lots of driving and feeding which was nice to see. Not to much one on one iso crap that really bogs the offense down. It was the first time in my opinion I've seen what resembles offense. They were a whisker away from having a 10 - 12 goal first half.

I didn't see the second half and I guess i'm glad I didn't.

We had over 45 shots ... the Army goalie had a great day. Otherwise, we would have been in double digits.

And the 3rd mid line got a lot of run during the game (DeJoe, Walters, Gillis).

We had over 45 shots ... the Army goalie had a great day. Otherwise, we would have been in double digits.

And the 3rd mid line got a lot of run during the game (DeJoe, Walters, Gillis).

I really like the third line, interesting that Hatem was surpassed by two true Freshmen. SU does need to do a better job of shot placement, to much high or low in a row, not enough variation.

I really like the third line, interesting that Hatem was surpassed by two true Freshmen. SU does need to do a better job of shot placement, to much high or low in a row, not enough variation.

They are bouncing a lot more shots than years past. Step in the right direction.

Need to change the plane. Way too much low-to-low and high-to-high. That noted, the Army kid was great (what else is new; he was so mediocore in the first three that Joe employed a rotation). I told my wife the score when she came home from work and she said "not another one of those," but imo it really wasn't. There were plenty of chances due to motion and good ball movement. That noted, this team is very limited offensively. Shut off Maltz and put a good pole on JoJo with a quick slider added and this team will have trouble scoring. That's just the view two games in. Hope it changes. I watched Cornell-Hobart as I was writing up my story for Inside Lacrosse, and it looked as if the Big Red had at least four offensive players more ccomplished than's SU best. That's Pannell PLUS three. Yikes.

Need to change the plan. Way too much low-to-low and high-to-high. That noted, the Army kid was great (what else is new; he was so mediocore in the first three that Joe employed a rotation). I told my wife the score when she came home from work and she said "not another one of those," but imo it really wasn't. There were plenty of chances due to motion and good ball movement. That noted, this team is very limited offensively. Shut off Maltz and put a good pole on JoJo with a quick slider added and this team will have trouble scoring. That's just the view two games in. Hope it changes. I watched Cornell-Hobart as I was writing up my story for Inside Lacrosse, and it looked as if the Big Red had at least four offensive players more ccomplished than's SU best. That's Pannell PLUS three. Yikes.

Good post Dave, to be honest I am not exactly looking forward to the Cornell game, SU has really struggled with them recently and as you noted there offense appears light years ahead of us, at least right now. The good news is that the game is later in the season and there is some hope that some of these young players will grow as the season goes on ie Donahue, Walters, Dejoe, Schoonmaker, Gillis etc. Its to bad Evans or Staats couldnt be here this year, this team is going to go from a lack of go to 5 star players to next year where we will have so many we wont have enough playing time to go around. Staats, Evans, Galasso, Daniello (Maybe), Maltz X2, Thorpe, etc.

That should have read "need to change the plane." I fixed it. I share your optimism for the future, but for the present I am amazed at how smallish and not very fast the current offense is compared to only a few years ago when Hardy, Amidon, Brooks, Abbott . . . well, you get the picture. It really is a stark difference. Even Bobby Eilers looked the part.

That should have read "need to change the plane." I fixed it. I share your optimism for the future, but for the present I am amazed at how smallish and not very fast the current offense is compared to only a few years ago when Hardy, Amidon, Brooks, Abbott . . . well, you get the picture. It really is a stark difference. Even Bobby Eilers looked the part.

Agree with you on looking the part, Rice and Ward look really small out there, under 5'10 and Drew Jenkins looks like a 12 year old who stole Jovan Millers uniform, he is WAY undersized. The younger guys do seem to look the part, while not huge Walters, Schoonmaker, Hatem, Donahue, Dejohn, Dejoe, seem like bigger guys, ditto for Mullins who laid the wood to Thul yesterday.

That's exactly what I was saying yesterday. It's not as bad at mid field but when Ward and Rice are out there together, it's very noticeable.

Agree with you on looking the part, Rice and Ward look really small out there, under 5'10 and Drew Jenkins looks like a 12 year old who stole Jovan Millers uniform, he is WAY undersized. The younger guys do seem to look the part, while not huge Walters, Schoonmaker, Hatem, Donahue, Dejohn, Dejoe, seem like bigger guys, ditto for Mullins who laid the wood to Thul yesterday.

Jenkins is playing as much as he did last year. Spot duty at D middie. Same with Pratt. And they aren't running those guys out there together.

It's not so much that Rice and Ward are small; they're just not that fast for their size. And neither carries a big stick. I'd still rather see Marasco working from behind the net.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom