SU - Mizzou ... corner game

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
both teams 5-5

winner gets bowl

on the road

at night

SEC opponent

win this game and I think you can say the corner is turned.

HCDM and staff have made tremendous progress this season (even if record does not indicate it).

Time for an extension (announced)

Stop. No.

Short of winning the next 2 and then winning a bowl game SU hasn't turned any corner this year.

I think its safe to say if we beat mizzou on the road but lose to temple the corner has not been "turned"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I will wait to see how the remaining two games go but I would call this the season of missed opportunities and self inflicted wounds.

IF they go 6-6 and lose a bowl game hell even win it, that isn't a turned corner. That is a .500 year go to a crappy bowl and win a meaningless game vs another crappy team

IF they go 6-6 and lose a bowl game hell even win it, that isn't a turned corner. That is a .500 year go to a crappy bowl and win a meaningless game vs another crappy team
I would have taken a .500 year, go to a crappy bowl and win a meaningless game vs another crappy team in any of the Grob years. The corner may not have been turned, but it's in sight and our turn signal is on.

Win, loose or draw, we have turned the corner. Will we loose some games? Probably but this team, this coach, this program, this culture is a winner. Good times are a coming!

the final 2 games will be impossible to win like last season. the players were too high (on beating such a great opponent) This team needs to celebrate senior day every game.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Getting to another bowl game is very important for the purpose of perception, both for recruiting players and attracting fans to the program.

It is also important to get the extra practices the bowl game brings to the table...that plays a key role in helping to prepare for next season.

Building a program does not typically happen overnight. It usually happens slowly, over time, and a step backwards now and again is common. Getting to a bowl game this year shows real progress from last season, as does all the improvement we have seen from the offense, defense and even the special teams units.

Are we incredibly inconsistent? Yes, no question.

Have we showed incredible improvement this year? Yes. And that includes the hardest non-conference schedule in the country.

SU teams in the last 10 years didn't have the ability to wipe the floor against quality teams like LVille and WVA. They've done it 2 years in a row. If we could perform at a high level every week, we would be. The talent is there and there is no longer a talent gap (except USC).

Let's retire the "turn the corner" phrase. How about we're improving week by week.

Getting to another bowl game is very important for the purpose of perception, both for recruiting players and attracting fans to the program.

It is also important to get the extra practices the bowl game brings to the table...that plays a key role in helping to prepare for next season.

Building a program does not typically happen overnight. It usually happens slowly, over time, and a step backwards now and again is common. Getting to a bowl game this year shows real progress from last season, as does all the improvement we have seen from the offense, defense and even the special teams units.

Damn straight.

The willfully blind need to get the with the program, or get the f'out.

This is the best offense the program has had since 1998, and there is no disputing it. This defense isn't the best Marrone has had, but not far behind. The program as a whole is performing a the highest level it has since 2001.

Anyone disputing it doesn't have a clue.

Can somebody cue us some footage of the Grob years, just as a point of perspective.
SU has rounded the corner and the corner is in the rear view mirror.

Can somebody cue us some footage of the Grob years, just as a point of perspective.
SU has rounded the corner and the corner is in the rear view mirror.

This says it all. Wow.

Damn straight.

The willfully blind need to get the with the program, or get the f'out.

This is the best offense the program has had since 1998, and there is no disputing it. This defense isn't the best Marrone has had, but not far behind. The program as a whole is performing a the highest level it has since 2001.

Anyone disputing it doesn't have a clue.

5 of 10 games this year with 500+ yards - this can not be overstated.

Highly competitive every single game this season; beaten once, lost 4 other times.

The national media is beginning to catch on, Vegas already knows.

Getting to bowl this year is a watershed moment in the re-build. This team has climbed out the the abyss that was one of, if not the worst, program in Div I during the Robinson era.

Highly competitive every single game this season; beaten once, lost 4 other times.

Getting to bowl this year is a watershed moment in the re-build. This team has climbed out the the abyss that was one of, if not the worst, program in Div I during the Robinson era.

Testify my brother,

Can I get an Amen !?

I really really hope we beat Missouri, for the single reason that this was the game many here thought was unnecessary, too much to add to the schedule, etc. Become bowl eligible on the road, against an SEC team (*), in a game that was supposed to be too much for us to handle. How sweet would that be.

I really really hope we beat Missouri, for the single reason that this was the game many here thought was unnecessary, too much to add to the schedule, etc. Become bowl eligible on the road, against an SEC team (*), in a game that was supposed to be too much for us to handle. How sweet would that be.

Nothing comes easy for this team, I'm afraid. It will very likely come down to the Temple game. But, I believe they will get it done.

That's a good point. I'd also like to see us win the next two so we can shake the reputation as a team that fades at the end of the season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to beat them to pay them back for the Harold Brantley defection.

Oh, and that bowl eligibility thingy, too.

i agree with every thing you said---but key word is progress but we have not turned the infamous corner.our specials still a long way off,as is recruiting.good teams do not self destruct as we have had we beaten minny,cincy and northwestern we would have turned the corner---AND we need facilities if we are ever to make it back to the bigs again---we have made progress---but have a ways to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom