SU new DC From current staff or outside? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU new DC From current staff or outside?

I think co-coordinator approach would be my preference with Monroe as one of the Co-DC’s and then an outside hire with 3-3-5 experience as the other. Not sure how many guys are out there that are both qualified to be a DC and run a 3-3-5 but I guess we’ll see
That’s a good thought as well

West has more experience. He’s ran an entire unit before. They both learned the 3-3-5 together. So I don’t know how much of a leg up he has on Nick. Wouldn’t mind seeing a Co coordinator approach.
Agree with this approach. Gotta recognize Swag in some way-We can't afford to lose him after losing White. Another question is Dino going to take his usual long time to decide or make a move quickly?

Last edited:
Tryout? The only problem with using that approach (if not hired immediately) is the transfer portal. Otherwise, it'd be perfect.
National Signing Day is coming too, 8 days before the bowl game. I hope this isn't a tryout and that he is announced as DC going forward, I don't think we have time for tryouts personally

Agree with this approach. Gotta recognize Swag in some way-We can't afford to lose him after losing White. Another question is Dino going to take his usual long time to decide or make a move quickly?
I have a sense Dino isnt that upset

oh, potential HCIW? wouldn't he rather have a great DC that gives him a better chance of keeping his job? if he sucks next year, he will be gone anyway
Thats the other side of the coin

What is Rocky Long doing? We should be able to poach him from New Mexico I would think.

It would be nice to get Matt Patricia for like 5-8 million. Yes, wishful thinking and not remotely a possibility.

For that $ we could have kept White for 4 years and had a good defense.

What is Rocky Long doing? We should be able to poach him from New Mexico I would think.
that's his alma mater, I can't imagine him, at age 72, leaving the West/Southwest. He would be a slam dunk hire if feasible but I don't believe it is feasible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom