SU new DC From current staff or outside? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU new DC From current staff or outside?

Coach P for DC. As part of the deal, he’ll bring this play with him involving the QB rolling right and throwing across the field to the TE. Good enough play that it can be used 2x per game.

Might be time to give Monroe a shot. I’m hoping White groomed him for the 3-3-5

Any thoughts on West?

Too bad Poppinga just took a position at BYU. They could have brought the UVA gang back together.

That's a great pick (seriously).

LOL!!!

So, we’d be cornering the market on ancient SU coaches then?

JAB and P have been around the block more times than the Good Humor Man.

You’d need an abacus to add their ages together.

P taught Pop Warner everything he knew about football.

Depends on Dino's attachment to the brand of 3-3-5 we've been running. If he can pluck from the same tree, do it. If not - I fear another year of relearning something new
it's the perfect defense for our program, if Swag or West aren't ready for the role, then we absolutely need to find a 3-3-5 guy from outside, but I would imagine one or both of them would be ready. I would promote Swag in a heartbeat if he is truly ready for the gig

LOL!!!

SU could have a sports medicine program focusing on the care of geriatric coaches. Much bigger priority at this point than improving the nutrition program IMO.

Depends on Dino's attachment to the brand of 3-3-5 we've been running. If he can pluck from the same tree, do it. If not - I fear another year of relearning something new

Given our difficulty recruiting Big Uglies for the D line, and the fact that we’ve been recruiting to the 3-3-5 for several years now, I certainly hope we find somebody (internal promotion or external hire) who can keep running it effectively.

Would suck to hafta switch gears in such a big way to switch back to a 3-4 or go 4-3 or whatever.

LOL!!!

I didn't see I wanted to hire the guy.

Like that Coach P is being recognized by Dino.

It would be nice to get Matt Patricia for like 5-8 million. Yes, wishful thinking and not remotely a possibility.

West has more experience. He’s ran an entire unit before. They both learned the 3-3-5 together. So I don’t know how much of a leg up he has on Nick. Wouldn’t mind seeing a Co coordinator approach.
I think co-coordinator approach would be my preference with Monroe as one of the Co-DC’s and then an outside hire with 3-3-5 experience as the other. Not sure how many guys are out there that are both qualified to be a DC and run a 3-3-5 but I guess we’ll see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom