SU on local TV this season? | Syracusefan.com

SU on local TV this season?

SBU72

All Conference
Does anybody know if SU basketball is going to be on local TV as much as in past years? TW picked up almost all the SU games that were boradcast by the BE network (SNY?). Now with the switch to the ACC, will they pick up as many games? Does the ACC network broadcast the non-conference games? Does the same apply to football?

My guess is it will be worked out. The $64 question is whether TW will be shut out. Seems like SU is throwing a crumb to TW to try to cover the Canadian Hoops games. TW still will cover SU Lax. I wonder if CNYCentral and TW will work out an arrangement?

I doubt Niko can comment on what is going on but IMHO I think CNYCentral is in the driver's position but TW has a ton of goodwill earned with SU.

My guess is it will be worked out. The $64 question is whether TW will be shut out. Seems like SU is throwing a crumb to TW to try to cover the Canadian Hoops games. TW still will cover SU Lax. I wonder if CNYCentral and TW will work out an arrangement?

I doubt Niko can comment on what is going on but IMHO I think CNYCentral is in the driver's position but TW has a ton of goodwill earned with SU.

As to 2nd tier rights (owned by Raycom), CNY's coverage area is about 15 counties, and TW might have been outbid for this coverage area (See link). However, TW has other markets all over the state. OrangeExtreme might know more about this, but my guess is that there are still plenty of available local markets that TW could purchase rights for. As to 3d tier, I believe TW has these (via contract from SU, which retained them under the league contract) ... including LAX, Syracuse Sidelines, etc...

http://www.cnycentral.com/uploadedfiles/wstm/Home/About_Us/DTVvsAnalogMaps.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom