SU opens -3.5 over WMU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens -3.5 over WMU

BC is gonna have a great shot at going over. their OOC is terrible, temple/umass/hc/purdue. They should dude their way into 7-8 games.

Purdue is getting better and won't be an easy game for them. Temple and Umass are like WMU for us. They *should* win - but won't be a cakewalk.

Bc at 5.5? Is that a joke? They have a shot at 8 or 9 imo

Everything else looked reasonable, except for that one... Looks like the best over, on the board. Can't imagine that line doesn't change.

Wins: UMASS, Holy Cross
Favored but tough: Purdue, Temple, Syracuse
Tossup: Wake, NC State, Louisville
Likely loss: Clemson, FSU, Miami, VaTech

I think wake is finishing in the cellar in our division
I might agree with that. I do think the list was respectful, minus BC. Some of you hate meathead football, but a power line, and a back like Dillon is going to win them alot of games... Not looking forward to Nov. 26th.. We can win, but it's all about health of the lines.

Florida is interesting at 7.5. They have more talent than that. Only a new system, and the fact they quit last year, has them at 7.5. If I only get to one game at the Dome, this year, it's this one. 12th man played into Clemson, IMO. I think fan support is big on this one. We can make them earn that 7.5 if we take them down at the dome. Missed FG from OT, last year, when they hadn't given up. With support, I think we can pull a W on this one.

Last edited:
I might agree with that. I do think the list was respectful, minus BC. Some of you hate meathead football, but a power line, and a back like Dillon is going to win them alot of games... Not looking forward to Nov. 26th.. We can win, but it's all about health of the lines.

Florida is interesting at 7.5. They have more talent than that. Only a new system, and the fact they quit last year, has them at 7.5. If I only get to one game at the Dome, this year, it's this one. 12th man played into Clemson, IMO. I think fan support is big on this one. We can make them earn that 7.5 if we take them down at the dome. Missed FG from OT, last year, when they hadn't given up. With support, I think we can pull a W on this one.
Agreed...but you mean Florida State. Not Florida

didnt BC have all 5th year seniors on the Oline last year or am i mistaken? Still, they have a good set of rbs that should do damage.

Wins: UMASS, Holy Cross
Favored but tough: Purdue, Temple, Syracuse
Tossup: Wake, NC State, Louisville
Likely loss: Clemson, FSU, Miami, VaTech

BC beat FSU 35-3 last year. Absolutely throttled them. It's a front running team with a new coach. That won't turn around over night. Taggert isn't some Nick Saban svengali.

BC is gonna be an 8 win team if they keep Dillon rocking and rolling. Addazio has been to 4 bowls in 6 years. Think about that for a second.

Purdue is getting better and won't be an easy game for them. Temple and Umass are like WMU for us. They *should* win - but won't be a cakewalk.

BC was very good last year. I like Addazio was surprised how badly they jumped on his throat that one ugly year they had not surprised at all he turned it around

BUT expecting their offense to be good again is a big assumption. I think teams can shut Dillon down and force them to pass. I could see them taking a step back to where they were when they went over a year with no conference wins.

Those non conference games they scheduled are smart those aren't offenses that will give them big problems. I think they can go into Purdue and win. Temple sucks. UMass plays teams tough but never gets the W I'd expect that to happen in that game.

New here, loathe BC - like to see them lose and may get chance to do so given the second half of their schedule. Brutal. But they return all five linemen and have something like eight linemen with significant game day experience. They also have Dillon. Their QB situation is up in the air but if Brown comes back healthy and improves incrementally, watch out. Could be a surprise team. But then they do have Adazzio and he'll cost them a win or two alone. Love to see Dungy punch the Meathead in the face. Is my anger showing? Son applying to Cuse next year - keep building!

A few of these lines are batty. Most analysts have BC as a possible breakout team, yet they get a 5.5 total wins line. Guess that's where the $$ is. That WMU line is also silly. (Wmu by 18) I'm not a betting man, but if I were...

Last edited:
I might be making a trip to Dover Downs later this year... might have to check out some cuse lines

BC beat FSU 35-3 last year. Absolutely throttled them. It's a front running team with a new coach. That won't turn around over night. Taggert isn't some Nick Saban svengali.

BC is gonna be an 8 win team if they keep Dillon rocking and rolling. Addazio has been to 4 bowls in 6 years. Think about that for a second.

That FSU team was in a tailspin. If you want to hang your hat on the BC talent vs FSU for a second straight season, you can.

The bowl thing is super funny. Addazzio is .500 coach with one bowl win.

I like Dillon a lot and Brown showed he's at least serviceable at QB. He'll need to be very good to get to 8 wins as near everyone will be selling out to stop the running game.

BC was very good last year. I like Addazio was surprised how badly they jumped on his throat that one ugly year they had not surprised at all he turned it around

BUT expecting their offense to be good again is a big assumption. I think teams can shut Dillon down and force them to pass. I could see them taking a step back to where they were when they went over a year with no conference wins.

Those non conference games they scheduled are smart those aren't offenses that will give them big problems. I think they can go into Purdue and win. Temple sucks. UMass plays teams tough but never gets the W I'd expect that to happen in that game.

Define "very good"... but I agree on the offense.

7-6, 4-4 in the ACC

S&P+ Offensive ranking: 101
S&P+ Defensive ranking: 36

They got work to do

That FSU team was in a tailspin. If you want to hang your hat on the BC talent vs FSU for a second straight season, you can.

I like Dillon a lot and Brown showed he's at least serviceable at QB. He'll need to be very good to get to 8 wins as near everyone will be selling out to stop the running game.
We're probably going to get yelled at for hijacking the WMU thread, but the QB they brought in from Bergen Catholic is definitely going to get a look. A running QB alongside someone like Dillon doesn't help you. As you said, teams are going to sell out on their run game. They need someone who can stretch the field as a passer.

It is super funny and super accurate. 4 bowls in 6 years. That's the barometer in the North East IMO. Get the team to bowls year in and year out and hope every 6 years u can put together a senior led team that can sniff new years. It's the model we are going with at Syracuse now that we are gonna give up playing substantive OOC teams. It's smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom