SU opens +3 vs BC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens +3 vs BC

Wouldn't be surprised if this ended up a pick em come kickoff.

I will say this once. DO NOT bet against the Orange this week. I feel terrible doing the broken record thing but I’m certain we win by 10 minimum. And ready for another crazy nugget? Isaiah Jones has TWO touchdowns!!
So tell me about this vision that you had. ;)

I was reading the game recap of the BC/FSU game and it said BC had their all-time penalties in 1 game with 18. They had stopped FSU on 3rd down with 1;50 left and got called for a sketchy face mask to seal the game for FSU.

So tell me about this vision that you had. ;)
I try not to over-share things from my bedroom, but I'll make an exception here.

Picture this: Sunday night, non-REM, Stage 1 EEG recording: theta waves - low voltage

I look up towards my ceiling and I see Frank Maloney just hovering. He had his famous headset on but he was wearing plaid pajamas. I tried to look away, but my head forcibly snapped back to his gaze, and he said in almost a whisper, "Go the distance"

I have no idea what any of this means. But I took it to be a harbinger for a curb stomping of Massachusetts residents on a Friday night. Thus my enthusiasm.

HH34UYLEQ5FTVLHKGT72QFAHH4.jpg

I try not to over-share things from my bedroom, but I'll make an exception here.

Picture this: Sunday night, non-REM, Stage 1 EEG recording: theta waves - low voltage

I look up towards my ceiling and I see Frank Maloney just hovering. He had his famous headset on but he was wearing plaid pajamas. I tried to look away, but my head forcibly snapped back to his gaze, and he said in almost a whisper, "Go the distance"

I have no idea what any of this means. But I took it to be a harbinger for a curb stomping of Massachusetts residents on a Friday night. Thus my enthusiasm.

It makes more sense now that I know there was an apparition of an old Cuse coach involved,

He looks like GMAC

I was considering a safety check when you first started posting this stuff. I feel better now knowing that you didn't just pull this prediction out of thin air. Maybe you should consider painting your bedroom ceiling?

Love your stuff, Brother.

I was considering a safety check when you first started posting this stuff. I feel better now knowing that you didn't just pull this prediction out of thin air. Maybe you should consider painting your bedroom ceiling?

Love your stuff, Brother.
If I get a knock on the door with some gentlemen in white coats I’ll know it’s just you lookin out for me.

Money continues to trickle in with an Eagle tint. Down to -1.5 and -2 at some books.

Dropping a hundy on UNC or FSU with their lower than should be spreads was easy. Would have done it on VT too, but just didn't take the short drive to Maryland to do it (can't bet on Virginia schools on FanDuel when in the state of Virginia).

This one, I just don't know. This game could go in a million directions. BC is playing better, and playing well on the road lately. But I have this weird feeling that with our backs this much against the wall, and a bigger parents weekend Friday night crowd, we'll be better.

Will we start the game in a big hole again..

Clemson it cost us the game with the 2 turnovers.
UNC started slow on the road and then the punt play and it went south fast
VT mistakes on both sides of the ball with an amped crowd are never good

It would be nice if the other team made the mistakes and we didnt miss the fumbles, drop the INTs and stayed in the game a bit.

Line back up to Cuse -3 on ESPN.
I refuse to ever bet against us. So I am not betting. Until they prove they aren’t just completely demoralized I am going to assume the worst

I’m looking at various predictions, the Oddshark model predicts Cuse to lose 33-13. That’s not encouraging.
And last week SP+ had us winning. I’m learning that the 690 Maloney pajama indicator trumps the analytics.

No stats can compute the regression in the play of the oline.

To me, if the game is not going well , lets turn to the backup QB because then at least the threat of a lucky deep throw comes back into play.

It feels like the last 4 games have been mistake on offense early and hope the D can make a stand and it holds enough to give the offense a couple tries and then they make more mistakes and finally the D makes its own mistakes and its over.

We seem to be playing up hill or with 9 guys cant really decide some games.

No stats can compute the regression in the play of the oline.

To me, if the game is not going well , lets turn to the backup QB because then at least the threat of a lucky deep throw comes back into play.

It feels like the last 4 games have been mistake on offense early and hope the D can make a stand and it holds enough to give the offense a couple tries and then they make more mistakes and finally the D makes its own mistakes and its over.

We seem to be playing up hill or with 9 guys cant really decide some games.
If the first drive doesn't have a false start, I'll see that as success

maybe a crowd full of people coming from dinner it will be quiet enough to hear the qb signals better. i doubt BC brings more than 10-20 people to disrupt us.

And last week SP+ had us winning. I’m learning that the 690 Maloney pajama indicator trumps the analytics.

We're a weird team this year, there's no possible outcome that would surprise me tonight. We should win because BC is atrocious and there is way to much stock being put into their four game win streak against bad teams...but its also possible the wheels have come off and Cuse will get blown out.

The one bet I feel confident in is Louisville -9.5 vs VT. Louisville is actually decent, I think we successfully helped VT get overvalued - and I think Louisville is going to blow the doors off VT. Well...at least win by 2 TDs.

We're a weird team this year, there's no possible outcome that would surprise me tonight. We should win because BC is atrocious and there is way to much stock being put into their four game win streak against bad teams...but its also possible the wheels have come off and Cuse will get blown out.

The one bet I feel confident in is Louisville -9.5 vs VT. Louisville is actually decent, I think we successfully helped VT get overvalued - and I think Louisville is going to blow the doors off VT. Well...at least win by 2 TDs.
Yup. I think Jawhar plus at home equals blowout

Two weeks ago I would say we beat BC, but not now. With out two starting corners not playing, no Hatcher and no Bradford, we could easily get hammered again this week.

Dropping a hundy on UNC or FSU with their lower than should be spreads was easy. Would have done it on VT too, but just didn't take the short drive to Maryland to do it (can't bet on Virginia schools on FanDuel when in the state of Virginia).

This one, I just don't know. This game could go in a million directions. BC is playing better, and playing well on the road lately. But I have this weird feeling that with our backs this much against the wall, and a bigger parents weekend Friday night crowd, we'll be better.
Not touching the side. I like the OVER.

I think Maloney was on Lou Saban's staff at Northwestern with George Steinbrenner. That's Nick Saban's connection to SYR, Maloney hired Lou's son as our LB coach when Frank was our head coach. It was one of Nick Saban's first jobs. After Maloney got canned after 80, Frank went on to a long career with Chicago Cubs as their vp or director of ticket operations. I always thought Frank did an adequate job, we were in a bad spot with poor facilities, underfunded. We got the Dome in 80 and fired Maloney following that season. We got Mac so it was OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom