SU opens 7 point favorite | Syracusefan.com

SU opens 7 point favorite

- time for battle to get on track. He didn’t play well in the last game against pitt, either.

- don’t let Wilson frame hit a bunch of threes

- no stupid fouls. But who am I kidding

- time for battle to get on track. He didn’t play well in the last game against pitt, either.

- don’t let Wilson frame hit a bunch of threes

- no stupid fouls. But who am I kidding

Yeah - we manage to do all that, we win by double digits.

So, expect an overly close nail biter rock fight.

Beat me to it by 5 minutes.
To be fair, I was inspired by the poster who, in a previous post, said they wouldn't be nervous unless we were up at halftime.

Lot of people say it's tough to beat a team three times in a year. Sure, might be true.

Would you rather play a team a third time after losing to them the first two times though? Of course not.

I've never seen a shred of evidence that it's "hard to beat a team three times in one season." Someone probably said it once, and then it was repeated a bunch of times, and now its just accepted as fact. Similar to "you should wait an hour after eating before you swim."

When was the last time we beat a team three times in one season? Off the top of my head I believe it was UConn in the 2011-12 season.
Zone familiarity throws that out the window. This will be the 3rd time Pitt has seen the zone. It stands to reason they will be getting pretty comfortable, especially coming off a confidence-building win.

On that note, it's a good thing the NCAA tournament is single elimination or we'd never get out of the first round, ever.

Zone familiarity throws that out the window. This will be the 3rd time Pitt has seen the zone. It stands to reason they will be getting pretty comfortable, especially coming off a confidence-building win.

On that note, it's a good thing the NCAA tournament is single elimination or we'd never get out of the first round, ever.
Congratulations, you managed another angle to place in your record long series of hate against the zone. Using the "it stands to reason" basis is an excellent substitute for statistics, like teams can only get familiar with a zone and not man-to-man.

Of course on the flip side there is the consideration that SU is better than Pitt and will probably take them down again (as reflected in the point spread).

I remember people saying the third time thing with Providence in the Final Four, couldn't quite grasp the logic then either.

And additional kudos for the bizarre ending - the made up note that SU would never advance out of the first round, like SU never wins series of games.

Congratulations, you managed another angle to place in your record long series of hate against the zone. Using the "it stands to reason" basis is an excellent substitute for statistics, like teams can only get familiar with a zone and not man-to-man.

Of course on the flip side there is the consideration that SU is better than Pitt and will probably take them down again (as reflected in the point spread).

I remember people saying the third time thing with Providence in the Final Four, couldn't quite grasp the logic then either.

And additional kudos for the bizarre ending - the made up note that SU would never advance out of the first round, like SU never wins series of games.
The board consensus is the last 5 years are not a complete disappointment because of JB's post-season "Cinderella" success. The premise is that we confuse opponents in the tournament because they've never seen the zone. Everyone uses that premise to explain our underwhelming ledger in ACC play where teams and coaches are FAMILIAR. So why is it so crazy to suggest that our defense would be less effective in a best-of-5 or best-of-7? Yeah there's some hyperbole in there to drive home the point.

The board consensus is the last 5 years are not a complete disappointment because of JB's post-season "Cinderella" success. The premise is that we confuse opponents in the tournament because they've never seen the zone. Everyone uses that premise to explain our underwhelming ledger in ACC play where teams and coaches are FAMILIAR. So why is it so crazy to suggest that our defense would be less effective in a best-of-5 or best-of-7? Yeah there's some hyperbole in there to drive home the point.
Fair enough.
I don't know that I buy it for the ACC part - in explaining the somewhat disappointing recent results- doesn't really have a Dixon type that picks it apart even if he didn't seem to have better personnel. IMO SU has had a normal variance so far of losing to teams I think they are better than.

But in the small sample size of recent NCAAT's it looks like it might of had an effect - plus other teams choking - which was kind of weird for VA to do.

I don't think Pitt gets much of a benefit from the two previous meetings. Seems like SU should take them down again.

Could definitely see Pitt covering. Still think we the W though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom