SU ranked as one of the most beautiful campuses in America... | Syracusefan.com

SU ranked as one of the most beautiful campuses in America...

I’ve been to many of these and they are nice but they left off the prettiest one- Kenyon College. Puts most of these to shame.

I’ve been to many of these and they are nice but they left off the prettiest one- Kenyon College. Puts most of these to shame.

I know a kid that just graduated from Kenyon in May. Loved it there.

This is almost an impossible list to put together. I mean you have to include schools like UW, Bucknell, High Point and so many more at the end of the day...

The beauty of so many U.S. universities along with the incredibly large number of them is also a major cause of the incredible cost and debt so many of us are weighed down by..

6D144D2F-3184-4479-8398-F4734B07B726.jpeg

This is almost an impossible list to put together. I mean you have to include schools like UW, Bucknell, High Point and so many more at the end of the day...

The beauty of so many U.S. universities along with the incredibly large number of them is also a major cause of the incredible cost and debt so many of us are weighed down by..

Agreed! I love checking out college campuses whenever I travel. I find things to like about almost every one I visit.

There’s so many no name D-3 schools that are awesome, so it’s hard to really put a ranking on this.

\
My niece went to Kenyon. Huh. Did not know that. Now she’s a vet in Bethel, Maine.

Wanna day Oswego state but it’s not to pretty other than the lake and some of the scenery.
The goose poop must be a automatic DQ.

Sitting here in my Kenyon tee shirt as I make my way through Syracusefan.com this morning. Both daughters looked at Kenyon during their college search. Neither went, although we all agree it was definitely one of the prettiest campuses we visited.

My daughter went to Lewis & Clark out in Portland. Campus integrates with a gorgeous state park. Not as crazy about the school, but the campus was breathtaking.

Sewanee-Spring-Aerial.jpg

Older daughter just started her first job as a professor here at Sewanee. The younger one is now a grad student at (gasp!) Georgetown. Georgetown is located on a attractive spot overlooking the Potomac, but does not have a particularly pretty campus in my opinion.

I remember Cowherd a few years back saying Syracuse was hideous and looked like a war torn Baghdad. DB

1. I don’t disagree

2. They picked a terrible picture for SU.

3. You could probably do this list with only northeastern pretentious liberal arts colleges and have more to spare.

4. No Rutgers?

I remember Cowherd a few years back saying Syracuse was hideous and looked like a war torn Baghdad. DB

He's a tool bag, was just trying to get a rise from 'cuse alum.

I give major kudos to The Traveler for posting this without forcing people to click 50 times to see the entire list. Nicely done and great photos, except for Syracuse. Not sure why they show us buried in snow and then have Cornell pictured during the summer. The pic of Dartmouth also not so good. Other than that, great pics.

When I was looking at schools, back when dinosaurs walked the Earth, I thought U of Rochester was the most “college” looking beautiful campus I saw.

Syracuse is... just OK.

My niece graduated from Quinnipiac this year, and that campus is spectacular.
Was shocked how nice it was, in spite of the fact that the hurricane had taken down a ton of trees.

Duke looks like a slightly less militaristic West Point, only minus the gorgeous setting in the Hudson Valley.

One of my best friends went to RIT, which I believe was named the ugliest college campus in America at one point.

One of my best friends went to RIT, which I believe was named the ugliest college campus in America at one point.
That title usually goes to Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh. They take great pride in how ugly their buildings are. The shocking thing is that they’re supposed to have an outstanding Arch School. I think it’s because they have a lot of Brutalist style, poured concrete buildings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom