SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty

Just had a thought.

With there being a light show at night, won't the students wearing white help highlight it? Particularly the Orange? With the white shirts, and Blue towels, they can be ORANGE, blue, and white. All of our uniform colors.

When we score a TD won't the orange lights turn those white shirts Orange? And to be a little cheesy(ok, a lot), its not the color of the shirt you are wearing that makes you orange. Its the place that makes you ORANGE, and that's exactly what they are doing.

The kiddies may be a bit smarter than us old farts, after all.

Just had a thought.

With there being a light show at night, won't the students wearing white help highlight it? Particularly the Orange? With the white shirts, and Blue towels, they can be ORANGE, blue, and white. All of our uniform colors.

When we score a TD won't the orange lights turn those white shirts Orange? And to be a little cheesy(ok, a lot), its not the color of the shirt you are wearing that makes you orange. Its the place that makes you ORANGE, and that's exactly what they are doing.

The kiddies may be a bit smarter than us old farts, after all.

If the night game light show turns the silver seats orange, then I'm writing in Pete Sala on my next Presidential ballot.

If not, then I'm picking another random name.

I barely own anything white. It's as if when I put something white on, I suddenly become a slob and spill, splash, or dribble something on it. And since nothing is pure cotton anymore, bleach doesn't restore the brightness. I'm currently spot treating my SU shirt that's a gradient white to blue - the best I can do unless I get there with time to buy something.
I feel like I just watched a Tide commercial after reading this post.

If the entire student section is wearing white and waving blue towels i think that will look pretty sweet. As long as i could remember we have been BLUE AND ORANGE AND WHITE. Who cares what color "out" they do, so long as they show and are loud.

If the entire student section is wearing white and waving blue towels i think that will look pretty sweet. As long as i could remember we have been BLUE AND ORANGE AND WHITE. Who cares what color "out" they do, so long as they show and are loud.
This! Enough of “it should be this”, or “should be that.” Seven pages dedicated to what they should be doing is crazy. The students are supporting this team and I for one think we should all be happy about that. Especially after a year we are coming off of.

This! Enough of “it should be this”, or “should be that.” Seven pages dedicated to what they should be doing is crazy. The students are supporting this team and I for one think we should all be happy about that. Especially after a year we are coming off of.
Yes agree, the students should be applauded for their support, after the show against Rutgers.

Yeah, they're everywhere, bookstores, off-campus shops, you can't miss them. And I think they were still sold for $5 when I went to a game about a decade later. I know I still have that old maroon "O-Who? BHTO [beat the hell outta] Oklahoma" t-shirt in a drawer someplace.
My favorite A&M shirt was one done for them by Notre Dame when they played in a bowl game in the late 80's early 90's They took the Aggies logo and added the letter "E" before it and after it. It was quite funny. I'll see if I can find a picture somewhere.

I read this thread just today. Sorry but sadly it made me laugh. Reminded me of how irrelevant the opinion of people a decade to decades older than the students are to them, just like they were to us back in the day. Think back to when you were 18,20 years old and remember how eager you were to please your parents, people a decade or more older than yourself regarding what you wore, what music you listened to, and what cheers you liked etc while you were in college. Maybe just my opinion but this is their time - we already had our chances to start those wonderful traditions we complain that we don’t have. The current students have restarted the best tradition that was lost - showing up and staying for games! :p

I don't know what's worse not doing an orange out. The fact that we are copying off Ped st. Or the fact that we are resorting to.this to try to pull an upset over Liberty a school that once lost 41 zip to Hofstra.
Whoever organized the silver out did a phenomenal job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom