SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty

On a completely unrelated note, your top pic reminded me to ask this question for anyone that may have an probable answer to.

Why haven't they painted the end zone walls/facade orange and blue? Where they painted it, it's much more aesthetically pleasing than where they did not. Just curious for anyone that may know.

It's painted in SU's third color. Duct tape.

Didn't the thread title give it away?
Actually no. You could read it as, the students were planning a white out for themselves or planning a white out for the entire crowd that they'd like everyone to follow. Doesn't matter. I'll be wearing orange.

On a completely unrelated note, your top pic reminded me to ask this question for anyone that may have an probable answer to.

Why haven't they painted the end zone walls/facade orange and blue? I thought possibly they just hadn't gotten to last year and would do it during this offseason (over the summer, etc.) but that wasn't the case. Where they painted it, it's much more aesthetically pleasing than where they did not. Just curious for anyone that may know.
They have. Its grey. Must have liked the contrast. It looks WAY better than the dirty concrete.

everyone who wears SU stuff has mostly blue/orange and tshirts in grey.. you get the occasional white t-shirt. if Orange out is planned for Clemson it should be getting marketed now.. They should be working with someone to sell an orange shirt for the game now. But what they shouldnt be doing is relying on some random tweets/FB to get the info out if they want a buy in of 50% or more.. STH should be getting the emails now way in advance if its a coordinated thing and then a reminder early in the week of the game.

If the plan is just some grass roots thing then you get what you get.

SU is wearing Orange blue Orange tomorrow for the uniform. Someone is making an effort but this white out idea is idiotic.
It was initiated by students I believe, kids who may never have been Orange fans and they came up with an idea to garner enthusiasm , Yes we long time Orange fans think an Orange Out is better but as I said before Im happy the students are getting into it. They have been largely missing many seasons.

It was initiated by students I believe, kids who may never have been Orange fans and they came up with an idea to garner enthusiasm , Yes we long time Orange fans think an Orange Out is better but as I said before Im happy the students are getting into it. They have been largely missing many seasons.

I don't have any issue with a "white out" but it has to make sense. If SU is wearing zero white for the game and 95% of the fanbase doesn't know it even exists what's the point?

I don't have any issue with a "white out" but it has to make sense. If SU is wearing zero white for the game and 95% of the fanbase doesn't know it even exists what's the point?

I do agree here with this.

it would have been cool for them to come out in the all white everything for that game

I did that for you. But we can do Darkness on the Edge of Town if you prefer.

I don't care. But find something that involves all the new technology we've installed if you want people to maybe start participating.

It took the Yankees 3 different tries to land on Enter Sandman. If they hadn't, then Virginia Tech might just run out on the field to their boring fight song.
I'm all for turning the lights low and playing "Shine on You crazy Diamond" all nine parts. Maybe save it for the 3rd quarter when I'm good and mellow.
If you want the joint jumping, Ravel's Bolero really picks up speed around minute 13.

I don’t own any white shirts other than dress shirts. I can wear a white shirt about three times before I have to throw it out.
I barely own anything white. It's as if when I put something white on, I suddenly become a slob and spill, splash, or dribble something on it. And since nothing is pure cotton anymore, bleach doesn't restore the brightness. I'm currently spot treating my SU shirt that's a gradient white to blue - the best I can do unless I get there with time to buy something.

Complain that we don't have any grassroots, organic, homegrown traditions or support from students.

Complain when the students do something grassroots, organic and homegrown.

Just complain.
south park mob GIF

At this point, I don't even care, as long as the students come out in full force.

Our biggest asset is our roof, and the noise that can be created in that building.

My preference is to not be a social media viral joke for trying a white out in a building that will look half silver, but oh well. As long as at some point in the broadcast, I hear the ACCN announcers say "it is absolutely deafening in here".

The Rutgers game was so loud and it was, at most, 60% full. Probably closer to 50% actually.

A white out with blue bandanas

These are a great idea. I could make a comment about them not being orange, but I don't want to get labeled a complainer.

Will they have them for the two corner overflow sections too? Which I'm really hoping will be filled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom