SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty

Complain that we don't have any grassroots, organic, homegrown traditions or support from students.

Complain when the students do something grassroots, organic and homegrown.

Just complain.

This is a good point and I will try not to complain in my post - lol.

At the same time, there should have been coordination between the SU Ath Dept (wake up, Marketing Department!) to make this an orange out. With the entire crowd. Needs to be planned BEFORE the season and marketed like crazy - see PSU last week and MSU (stripe out) this week. That stuff is marketed for MONTHS but they are able to get the entire stadium to do it. We are unique with Orange - no need to do white.

Give the students credit for doing the athletic department's job. But I fear a half-a**ed student section white out will blow up in our face. Get ready for the social media reactions comparing it to PSU.

This is a good point and I will try not to complain in my post - lol.

At the same time, there should have been coordination between the SU Ath Dept (wake up, Marketing Department!) to make this an orange out. With the entire crowd. Needs to be planned BEFORE the season and marketed like crazy - see PSU last week and MSU (stripe out) this week. That stuff is marketed for MONTHS but they are able to get the entire stadium to do it. We are unique with Orange - no need to do white.

Give the students credit for doing the athletic department's job. But I fear a half-a**ed student section white out will blow up in our face. Get ready for the social media reactions comparing it to PSU.
I’m not sure anyone besides us will really care or notice.

Nice idea, but it will only show how pale we compare to Penn State. An Orange Out makes a lot more sense. I don’t know about anyone else, but I have lots of Orange clothing and only dress white shirts. Like my wife tells me, white after Labor Day is inappropriate.

I’m not sure anyone besides us will really care or notice.

Definitely not, that's why we are who we are hahaha.

At the same time, it would be cool to have some of these kind of things built in each season. Just need to be put together in the spring/summer and not three days before kickoff!

Nice thought. Next time make it Orange AND give everyone who enters 2 Orange towels, or pom poms , or something. (Good way to get butts in the seats)

I only clicked on this thread because it said "white". You meant orange, right? Lol

Nice thought. Next time make it Orange AND give everyone who enters 2 Orange towels, or pom poms , or something.

I’d rather we did pom poms or towels than jumping to a song. I’m not sure the Dome could withstand it if 45k or more actually did show up.

Maybe it has to do with the light show? Either way, stop all the damn complaining around here.

They did this a couple of years ago.

All the students wore white, and when the team came out of the locker room, they doused all the students with some kind of paint powder, and they all ended up with custom tie-died shirts.

Doesn't quite work if they all wear orange.

combo action orange t shirt with an white hoodie since by the time the game ends it will be chilly

I don't know what's worse not doing an orange out. The fact that we are copying off Ped st. Or the fact that we are resorting to.this to try to pull an upset over Liberty a school that once lost 41 zip to Hofstra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom